Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,043
  • Content Count:  7,613
  • Days Won:  10

4 hours ago, Friscobull said:

Al Keck, that brings back some memories, just realized he committed suicide on 2006, I left the state that year and never realized that.  Listening to those 2 buffoons had to have been painful, fortunately it was my anniversary and I missed the game which wasn’t competitive in my recollection.

I'm pretty sure it was Al Keck's ex-wife who committed suicide.  I think Al works with BucsReport.com and, based upon a few recent articles, seems at least semi-conscious.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  19,674
  • Days Won:  255

20 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

Almost true.

However it will no longer be purgatory at that point because there will be no moving up. It will be Hell!

D927E3A4-6D54-457C-A60B-C3B2FE5CDCDC.jpeg

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

3 minutes ago, puc86 said:

D927E3A4-6D54-457C-A60B-C3B2FE5CDCDC.jpeg

That's the philosophy of my life! Perfect!!

8 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

That's the philosophy of my life! Perfect!!

If anyone understands human relationships and interactions it’s Jean Paul Sartre, just ask Simone de Beauvoir 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

4 hours ago, Friscobull said:

Al Keck, that brings back some memories, just realized he committed suicide on 2006, I left the state that year and never realized that.  Listening to those 2 buffoons had to have been painful, fortunately it was my anniversary and I missed the game which wasn’t competitive in my recollection.

His wife committed suicide. Big Al is alive and well selling real estate. 

7 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

Here is a snap shot of each of the Mountain West Conference teams and where they stack as expansions candidates for the AAC:

Send The Invitatation Now

1. San Diego State

• Pros: Football attendance only trails BYU, UCF and ECU in the G5 (36k); average Men's Basketball attendance higher than any AAC schoolsl (11k); football program has double-digit wins in 4 of the last 5 years and has made a bowl in each of the last 10 season; solid athletic department revenues ($56M); Top 30 TV market, non-stop flights to 7 of 10 remaining AAC full-time members
  • Cons: Geographically, one of the most remote schools in the MWC although accesible

2. Boise State

• Pros: Football program has arguable the best stature among G5 school with double-digit wins in 15 of the last 18 years; Football and Men's Basketball average attendance exceeds the AAC average, but not by much
  • Cons: Athletic department only 6th in the MWC ($48M); TV market ranked #102; non-stop flights to only 2 of he 10 remaining AAC full-time members

3. Air Force

• Pros: Service Academy; atletic department revenue only trails UConn, UCF and Cincinnati in the G5, non-stop flights to 9 of 10 remaining AAC full-time members (Denver International Airport one hour drive away)
  • Cons: Basketball program non-competitve and only averaged ~2k per game

Second Teir

4. Colorado State

• Pros: Solid athletic department revenues ($55M); average football attendance exceeds AAC average; geographic fit with Boise State and Air Force; non-stop flight to 8 of 10 remaining AAC full-time members (Denver International Airport one hour drive away); Top 20 TV market (Denver)
  • Cons: Football and Men's Basketball performance has been middling

5. UNLV

• Pros: Booming sports mecca and existing travel destination; average Men's Basketball attendance higher than all AAC team other than Memphis (10k) despite midling results; new shared football facility with Raiders; non-stop flights to 9 of 10 remaining AAC full-time members
  • Cons: no Football sucess and average football attandance ranks 10th in the MWC (18k) and lower than any AAC team

Doesn't Distinguish Itself Appart from More Geographically Appealing Options

6. Utah State

• Pros: Solid performing football and basketball programs; average Men's Basketball attendance 28% higher than AAC average; non-stop flights to 9 of 10 remaining AAC full-time members (Salt Lake City International Airport one-and-a-half hour drive away)
  • Cons: Low athletic department revenues ($39M), football attendance only 9th in MWC (19k) and only better than Tulsa and Tulane in the AAC

7. Fresno State

• Pros: Solid performing football and basketball programs; 4th in MWC in athletic department revenues ($51M)
  • Cons: Challenging outpost to get to non-stop flights to only 1 of 10 remaining AAC full-time members

How Are They Even in the Mountain West?

8. New Mexico

• Pros: Exceptional average attendence for Men's Basketball (11k)
  • Cons: Football doormat; low athletic department revenues ($42M)

9. Nevada

• Pros: Strong Men's Basketball program with best average Sagarin Rating over the last 3 years in the MWC (#37); strong average Men's Basketball attendance (10k)
  • Cons: Low athletic department revenues ($34M); Football program and attendance is below MWC averages; TV Market ranked #104

10. Hawaii

• Pros: Travel destination
  • Cons: Travel time too great from teams non on the west coast; Men's Basketball program is lacking

11. Wyoming

• Pros: None
  • Cons: No non-stop flights to an of the 10 remaining AAC full-time members; TV Market ranked #196; Men's Basketball program is lacking

12. San Jose State

• Pros: Silicon Valley; TV Market ranked #6 (San Francisco)
  • Cons: Ranks last in MWC in athletic department revenue ($32M), average football attendence (15k), average Men's Basketball attendance (1,700), average Sagarin Rank in Football (#146) and Men's Basketball (#279) over the last 3 years

So you value San Diego State more than they value themselves, more than all their conference values them and more than anyone in the nation values them, makes sense. At least they come with the added benefit of being on the other side of the planet.

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  22,766
  • Days Won:  53

1 hour ago, brybull1970 said:

Here is what Aresco needs to do:

• Extend offers to San Diego State and Air Force, bringing the conference to 13 full time members and weakening the Mountain West Conference
  • With their negotiating leverage gone, extend an offer to Boise State to become the 14th member full time - with no extra privledges

This is then what you could see the AAC look like and what the MWC would be potentially forced to do. The revamped AAC become closer to the Big 12 and ACC than it does to the rest of the G5. That's how you make the P6 a reality.

Realignment.thumb.jpg.7f1d428833c81863d7c7252ce33ff776.jpg

Navy every year would increase my fan interest :D

23 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

Well the circle jerks around FAU have just gotten too big, so I figured why not look at facts.

Who is pimping FAU? Honestly I have not seen one person and that doesn’t change the fact that valuing the team above the one they agree in contract is more than twice as valuable than them is absurd.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,967
  • Days Won:  436

Why are you trying to sabotage the Mother of All Threads?

Guest Jonesy Bull
4 hours ago, Triple B said:

Why are you trying to sabotage the Mother of All Threads?

Im not one of those sticklers about threads, could care less really.  But this has the Mega thread written all over it.

Ill dont envy you having to keep track of all this stuff.  But thats why you get paid rhe big bucks.