Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

30 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

It's great to wear green and gold sunglasses, but we have to be realistic.   You want these conferences to kick these teams out with all their tradition just to open up a spot for USF?   What exactly have we won on the grand scale?   None of the conferences need USF to recruit in Florida.  SEC and ACC certainly don't need us for visibility.  You could make an argument for the Big 12 for market exposure I guess, but that's about it.

This isn't about kicking them out, per se.  I was simply stating that there is no avenue in which USF, or any G5 for that matter, can earn themselves a seat at the table based on the quality of their team.

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

Curious, the scrub schools from the P5 conferences (respective to the either or both of the 2 sports they stink at), are they paying football and men's bball coaches the same as the other P5 teams that win consistently?

Those schools are getting a lot of cash. I'm wondering if they are spending it on sports or just hoarding it up for other purposes.

• Topic Count:  2,402
  • Content Count:  21,570
  • Days Won:  10

3 hours ago, Bullschmutz said:

Higher average attendance the past two years combined over Kansas, Vanderbilt, and Syracuse. Larger student base than all those schools. Bigger and growing TV market. And much more fertile recruiting, and recruiting in the future for that matter. That's just off the top of my head. And as a much younger school, you are actually arguing opposite your intended point.

Hey NAS Gone to Paradise - 3 big comments on why.   The Mic has been dropped

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,262
  • Days Won:  6

We still need to win, we need more fans. 

We are more competitive or whatever than some of the bottom feeders in those leagues but that is not going to convince anyone.   "We suck slightly less than a team you have a 100 year history with" is not a winning argument.

14 minutes ago, MMW said:

We still need to win, we need more fans. 

We are more competitive or whatever than some of the bottom feeders in those leagues but that is not going to convince anyone.   "We suck slightly less than a team you have a 100 year history with" is not a winning argument.

That's not the point.  Well, at least not my point.  My point is that you can't earn your way to the top conferences of college football.  A group of schools, including those that have not performed as well as we have decide whether they want you in their club or not and it has very little to do with on the field results.

• Topic Count:  150
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

It almost seems like people with lots of money and access to even more money are actively trying to keep others from the same...

...this must just be a sports thing.

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

36 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

That's not the point.  Well, at least not my point.  My point is that you can't earn your way to the top conferences of college football.  A group of schools, including those that have not performed as well as we have decide whether they want you in their club or not and it has very little to do with on the field results.

Ancient Mystic Society of No Homers

15 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

Ancient Mystic Society of No Homers

I don't think I'm being a homer here.  Just pointing out a fundamental flaw in the P5.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

9 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

I don't think I'm being a homer here.  Just pointing out a fundamental flaw in the P5.

Yes, and that image is an example of such. A group that by design will prevent certain outsiders from ever joining.

4 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

Yes, and that image is an example of such. A group that by design will prevent certain outsiders from ever joining.

Ah, gotcha