Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,826
  • Days Won:  0

18 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

I'm stunned that anyone would prefer the Big 12 over the ACC.  The ACC is a better fit geographically and like you said, you get Miami, FSU, Clemson, and GT.  That is no small thing.

I prefer the BIg 12 over the ACC and I live in North Carolina. The reason is you still have to play Wake Duke NC State SYracuse Virginia, and lately Boston College and Pittsburgh have sucked.  With the Big 12 there is one sucky team Kansas and now Baylor is in a slide. Every other team are decent to great football schools. We are not a basketball school and being in the ACC does not mean your going to be good. It just means you will be the perennial door mat. We are a football school and for us the Big 12 is where "I" think we should be.

• Topic Count:  2,401
  • Content Count:  21,565
  • Days Won:  10

On 11/22/2017 at 6:50 PM, brybull1970 said:

Wondering if an Oklahoma loss in the manufactured Big 12 Championship Game will leave them reconsidering adding USF and UCF programs on the rise.

No because they are greedy

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

5 minutes ago, Bullrush33 said:

I prefer the BIg 12 over the ACC and I live in North Carolina. The reason is you still have to play Wake Duke NC State SYracuse Virginia, and lately Boston College and Pittsburgh have sucked.  With the Big 12 there is one sucky team Kansas and now Baylor is in a slide. Every other team are decent to great football schools. We are not a basketball school and being in the ACC does not mean your going to be good. It just means you will be the perennial door mat. We are a football school and for us the Big 12 is where "I" think we should be.

And you are certainly welcome to your opinion.  I'm still stunned by it though.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,942
  • Days Won:  436

12 minutes ago, Bullrush33 said:

I think it's time to sit back and reflect ..... we're currently not a basketball school but are we really a football one? No conference championships in either, small, apathetic fan base in both ... With all the kvetching in here about venues, I would think some might consider basketball having the edge with the ocs. Should be easier to get the basketball program on a fast track, now that we have first class facilities,  because of less moving parts ... Of all the P5's, the ACC would be the last one we'd ever get into if things stay the same with FSU/UM but it would be first choice because of the hoops programs that would be coming to the SunDome on an annual basis.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

14 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I think it's time to sit back and reflect ..... we're currently not a basketball school but are we really a football one? No conference championships in either, small, apathetic fan base in both ... With all the kvetching in here about venues, I would think some might consider basketball having the edge with the ocs. Should be easier to get the basketball program on a fast track, now that we have first class facilities,  because of less moving parts ... Of all the P5's, the ACC would be the last one we'd ever get into if things stay the same with FSU/UM but it would be first choice because of the hoops programs that would be coming to the SunDome on an annual basis.

We are a football school not in terms of results but in terms of spirit. I know that can be challenged with our fan base attendance issues but I suspect most students and alumnus look at football first and foremost. 

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

6 hours ago, Bullrush33 said:

Big 12 = Meaningful games with Stadiums mostly full

The irony is that we WILL have a far bigger home attendance at RayJay than UCF will in its OCS.

We already haven PROVEN while  in the lowly considered Big East that we can draw on average about 45,000 - 50,000/gm when we were only a middle of the pack team.

If we were in the Big 12 I think our attendance would be even greater. We would likely draw 65,000 in some conference games, if we are doing well.

The Big 12 is keenly aware of our attendance in the Big East.

They also understand the reality of attendance by being a member of a G5 conference.

As I once mentioned, if USF was guaranteed membership in a P5 conference, I believe, we would have no problem in building an even larger OCS stadium than the one now planned in order to meet the demand.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

3 minutes ago, Mama_Bull said:

The irony is that we WILL have a far bigger home attendance at RayJay than UCF will in its OCS.

We already haven PROVEN while  in the lowly considered Big East that we can draw on average about 45,000 - 50,000/gm when we were only a middle of the pack team.

If we were in the Big 12 I think our attendance would be even greater. We would likely draw 65,000 in some conference games, if we are doing well.

The Big 12 is keenly aware of our attendance in the Big East.

They also understand the reality of attendance by being a member of a G5 conference.

As I once mentioned, if USF was guaranteed membership in a P5 conference, I believe, we would have no problem in building an even larger OCS stadium than the one now planned in order to meet the demand.

The Big 12 will expand when the TV overlords tell them to and not one minute before then.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

11 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

The Big 12 will expand when the TV overlords tell them to and not one minute before then.

I agree.

I think the USF - UCF game drew about 5 million viewers on ABC. I can't find the exact numbers at this time. But, based on the audience share reported, it would seem to be in that ball park.

That should open up the eyes of the "TV overlords" and make it more likely that both our teams will be worth adding, whenever that happens.

Edited by Mama_Bull

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,901
  • Days Won:  5

Someone mentioned ACC going to 16 and taking ND and Cincy/Conn. But, if ACC goes to 16, SEC probably does as well and poaches 2 ACC teams, so, there should be 4 openings to think about. 

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

2 hours ago, Apis Bull said:

Exactly! The gilded age is back and the haves are calling the shots in every area.