Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  422
  • Content Count:  9,786
  • Days Won:  8

Twitter will reorganize as CFB distribution network.

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

I can't wait for the day when the B12 falls apart. Meanwhile, I'll play vulture and get pleasure at watching that conference flop around like a beached shark.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  493
  • Content Count:  12,673
  • Days Won:  25

10 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

In four years- hey ESPN, we got higher offers from Netflix, NBC, and Fox. Suck it! 

Sounds like deja vu all over again...

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,769
  • Days Won:  14

2 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

Sounds like deja vu all over again...

Not really. IIRC correctly ESPN had the right to match any offer last time, but not this time. 

Just now, TallyBull said:

Not really. IIRC correctly ESPN had the right to match any offer last time, but not this time. 

Not my point. We were led to believe that a substantial contract was there to be had if we forced ESPN to the table. We just didn't realize ESPN owned the table and we were being played by Pitt, L'Ville, etc.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

Not my point. We were led to believe that a substantial contract was there to be had if we forced ESPN to the table. We just didn't realize ESPN owned the table and we were being played by Pitt, L'Ville, etc.

And my point is that ESPN wouldn't "own the table" this time, at least not in the way I think you mean, both because our TV deal would genuinely hit the open market, and because we are much less likely to have teams within our own conference undermining our efforts.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,085
  • Days Won:  11

5 minutes ago, TallyBull said:

And my point is that ESPN wouldn't "own the table" this time, at least not in the way I think you mean, both because our TV deal would genuinely hit the open market, and because we are much less likely to have teams within our own conference undermining our efforts.

then all of a sudden, the big 12, ACC or whoever decides to expand and the top two+ teams have decided to leave

and espn had nothing to do with it :baghead:

Edited by 2000bull

1 minute ago, 2000bull said:

then all of a sudden, the big 12, ACC or whoever decides to expand and the top two+ teams have decided to leave

Ah, now I see. I guess it's possible, but I still think less likely than before. Who knows 2-3 years from now.

4 minutes ago, TallyBull said:

If you don't think Cincy, Memphis, UConn, Houston, UCF, and every other team in the AAC wouldn't undermine our efforts, I have one heck of a real estate deal for you. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

If you don't think Cincy, Memphis, UConn, Houston, UCF, and every other team in the AAC wouldn't undermine our efforts, I have one heck of a real estate deal for you. 

What do you mean? Leave the conference if the Big XII or some other conference comes calling? Yes, of course they would. As would we.

But let's assume for the moment that the SpaceBalls/escape hatch option doesn't exist. What incentive would these schools have to undermine our efforts at securing a better TV real than we currently have, which would benefit everyone in the conference?