Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

The ironic thing about this round of realignment is ESPN screwed the AAC on money but the AAC screwed ESPN on viewership.  Most of the AAC games must be on the ESPN family of networks live per the contract. So, if the AAC gets raided heavily, then ESPN will be playing games like FAU vs Louisiana Tech, while FOX will have more quality east coast time slots to fill with WVU vs USF, TCU vs UCF etc.  ESPN will look ridiculous and they must stop this.

• Upvote 1

• Content Count:  9,871
  • Days Won:  25

http://www.outkickthecoverage.com/big-12-expansion-also-impacts-big-ten-and-sec-080316?cmpid=feed:-sports-RAMP-Cxense 

The Big 12 is trying to expand now, but that expansion just might be the equivalent of a man on death row eating his last meal.

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

You know, I think the AAC would get just as good ratings as the Big 12 for the networks, with the exception of Texas and Oklahoma, and to a much much lesser extent, WVU.  I'm sure the numbers can be looked up and compared for similar type of game exposure (ESPN, same slots, etc).  

If the Big 12 somehow breaches their agreement with the networks, it wouldn't be a bad idea for Aresco to try and sell the AAC instead at 1/2 of what they are paying the Big 12.  Saves the networks a ton of cash, they could promote the heck out of the AAC, and if the deal was struck we could add the best of the rest like WVU and TCU if they wanted to go along.

Texas and OU will have homes anywhere they want, but the rest are pretty much expendable.  It would be nice to step in and take their spot at the table.

Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,769
  • Days Won:  14

10 minutes ago, namuh-bull said:

You know, I think the AAC would get just as good ratings as the Big 12 for the networks, with the exception of Texas and Oklahoma, and to a much much lesser extent, WVU.  I'm sure the numbers can be looked up and compared for similar type of game exposure (ESPN, same slots, etc).  

If the Big 12 somehow breaches their agreement with the networks, it wouldn't be a bad idea for Aresco to try and sell the AAC instead at 1/2 of what they are paying the Big 12.  Saves the networks a ton of cash, they could promote the heck out of the AAC, and if the deal was struck we could add the best of the rest like WVU and TCU if they wanted to go along.

Texas and OU will have homes anywhere they want, but the rest are pretty much expendable.  It would be nice to step in and take their spot at the table.

Go Bulls!

What?!  Iowa State isn't "expendable"!

EDIT 1: Actually, never mind.  They're totally expendable.

EDIT 2: I want every "unpopular" P5 school to get demoted.  I want them to feel my pain.  

In fact, to placate TV and the media, forget the whole "4 super conference" idea.  Why stop there?  I propose THE ONE FREAKING BIG *** CONFERENCE OF ELITES (the "OFBCE"), consisting of ONLY schools Kirk Herbsteit wants to watch:

West 

USC

UCLA

Oregon

Texas

Nebraska

Wisconsin

East

Florida 

Ohio State

Michigan

Notre Dame

Florida State

Clemson

All other schools get relegated to G10 status and are paid in boiled peanuts only.  OFBCE schools can only play each other ONE time during the year, except for the championship game.  The rest of the time they can only play OOC games against woefully outgunned G10 schools.  This way, they'll all be 12-0 going into their championship game.  

ESPN/CBS/Fox would be delighted with this arrangement!

Edited by TallyBull
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,769
  • Days Won:  14

^ Can't edit but actually they can only play each other during the championship game.

Also, a committee of media, coaches, and well-respected people selected by the president reserves the right to overrule the results of the championship game and determine a champion based upon strength of schedule only.

One conference major, four divisions (representing the regions), and 32 team playoff (top 4 from each division, 12 from the lower conferences, and 4 d-II teams). The tournament will Juggernaut January or January Madness or some cheesy crap. Also the bottom 4 or 5 from each division get relegated out of the super conference to a lower regional conference. Probem solved.

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  9,803
  • Days Won:  8

how much shot can one fling? Lots of wall space. I don't believe this guy knows anything but just posting because this is the rumor thread.

---

MHver3: Fox trying to persuade B12 to add a Florida school. Wants exposure for Fox in that market
MHver3: Fox prefers B12 to add BYU, UC, Uconn, and UCF.
MHver3: Fox executives telling B12 that if we expand then Pac12 will be the next to expand with at least 2 G5s.
MHver3: Fox telling B12 that adding those specific schools maximizes their market penetration from available candidates.
MHver3: And those are the same four that the research firm suggested for maximum market coverage as well.
MHver3: I have one source telling me Cincy has formally told the AAC they are withdrawing from the conference.
MHver3: Haven't been able to verify that with my AAC(former BigEast guy that always has good info) contact though-he's been very quiet.
MHver3: Was told this happened today at AAC meetings. Still trying to get verification on this. Stay tuned.
MHver3: So in 5 minutes I've had 10 different people pm me that UC has indeed told AAC they are leaving. Still awaiting word from my AAC guy...

---

MHver3: B12 has not extended a formal offer to anyone yet but have told BYU and UC that as soon as TV is finalized they will be offered.
MHver3: B12 will then announce 2 additions and say that they are still assessing the landscape.
MHver3: Sometime in late December or early January they will announce 2 more additions. Those 2 haven't been finalized and is down to 5 for 2 spots.
MHver3: My source thinks we are still at least 2 weeks away from an announcement.
MHver3: B12 fully expects 11 and 12 to be playing in B12 fall of 2017.

Mom, mom are we there yet?........

How about now?......

Maybe now? ......

Are we there yet?

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,652
  • Days Won:  51

I hate everything about expansion and the way this has gone down.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  3,030
  • Days Won:  2

While i definitely agree, this is driven by espn and always has been, im sure other schools felt the same way when we got the Big East invite( So Miss, Ucf, Ecu)

• Upvote 1