Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

5 minutes ago, USFWayne said:

Has USF put anything out publicly touting what we could bring to the B12?

Welcome to the board.  USF is playing this thing strictly under the radar, contrary to almost all of the other legit candidates.  Here's the thread that's discussing it more specifically.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,652
  • Days Won:  51

18 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

Welcome to the board.  USF is playing this thing strictly under the radar, contrary to almost all of the other legit candidates.  Here's the thread that's discussing it more specifically.  

So wrong :roflmao:

edit: I thought your link was going to loop him back to this 800 page thread.:angrymob:

Edited by Sellular1

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,828
  • Days Won:  6

15 minutes ago, Sellular1 said:

edit: I thought your link was going to loop him back to this 800 page thread.:angrymob:

799 pages*

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

1 hour ago, Sellular1 said:

That's something I would have done to you.  I'm not one to pick on TBP rooks. :)

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

1 hour ago, Sellular1 said:

Same. Should have linked him to page 1

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  19,536
  • Days Won:  24

1 hour ago, GaUSFBull said:

I hope that thread gets merged back into this one.  That is two and half pages towards our goal of 1000 that we could use with this new, expedited timeline the Big 12 has thrown out there.

• Topic Count:  150
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

13 hours ago, TallyBull said:

1) Even if USF beats FSU and is otherwise undefeated, it will not get into the playoff over one-loss teams in the SEC, Big 10, Big XII, and Pac-12.  I'd love to see that hypothesis tested though. 

Last year, Houston finished 8th with a loss to Connecticut on their resume. If we finished the regular season undefeated with a win over a top 15 Houston in the conference championship game and a win over a hypothetical 11-2 ACC champ FSU that will likely end up in the top 10, I definitely think we make the playoff. The SEC is bulletproof and so is the Big 10. They will always have a spot in the playoff for their champs. The other two spots, not so much. I think we leapfrog a one loss Big 12 team or Pac 12 with an undefeated season.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

16 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Last year, Houston finished 8th with a loss to Connecticut on their resume. If we finished the regular season undefeated with a win over a top 15 Houston in the conference championship game and a win over a hypothetical 11-2 ACC champ FSU that will likely end up in the top 10, I definitely think we make the playoff. The SEC is bulletproof and so is the Big 10. They will always have a spot in the playoff for their champs. The other two spots, not so much. I think we leapfrog a one loss Big 12 team or Pac 12 with an undefeated season.

Especially if that one loss Big 12 team is an Oklahoma that lost to Houston that lost to USF. And I think the Pac 12 is going to cannibalize itself with so many good-but-not-great teams. If Houston and/or USF were to run the table leading up to the conference title game, this might be the year for the winner to sneak into the playoff.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,769
  • Days Won:  14

34 minutes ago, JTrue said:

I would love to see it.  It just seems like come November, all media hacks revert to  "[G5 school's] strength of schedule is too weak."  Theoretically, on that basis you could even see a one-loss FSU team (only loss to us) leapfrog us (even if undefeated) into a four-team CFB playoff because of FSU's strength of schedule.  Maybe not a two-loss FSU team though.  

Too many moving parts to know for sure.  Let's do our part and see what happens.

Edited by TallyBull
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,830
  • Days Won:  0

3 minutes ago, TallyBull said:

I would love to see it.  It just seems like come November, all media hacks revert to  "[G5 school's] strength of schedule is too weak."  Theoretically, on that basis you could even see a one-loss FSU team (only loss to us) leapfrog us (even if undefeated) into a four-team CFB playoff because of FSU's strength of schedule.  Maybe not a two-loss FSU team though.  

Too many moving parts to know for sure.  Let's do our part and see what happens.

I think the way you beat the weak schedule also matters. Had Boise St not lost to Nevada that one year it may have entered the title game.  They were demolishing their opponents 50-20 on average.