Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

The one school we haven't heard a peep out of is probably the one that could bring the most to the table. Is there any reason, other than scheduling, why Navy is not under serious consideratio to join Big 12 ?

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

17 minutes ago, usfgrad84 said:

The one school we haven't heard a peep out of is probably the one that could bring the most to the table. Is there any reason, other than scheduling, why Navy is not under serious consideratio to join Big 12 ?

Their AD did make a public statement that they would be a good fit for Big 12. Not sure why this has not evolved into more.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,769
  • Days Won:  14

8 minutes ago, JTrue said:

1) Yes. I do. If USF goes undefeated this year they will absolutely make the playoff.

2) I wasn't being sly. It was the wrong word. I was pretty open about it.

1) Even if USF beats FSU and is otherwise undefeated, it will not get into the playoff over one-loss teams in the SEC, Big 10, Big XII, and Pac-12.  I'd love to see that hypothesis tested though. 

2) You caught the word, but missed my point.  P5 is like an aristocracy OR nobility OR landed gentry (I apologize again if I've used a wrong term - I get it, you're a stickler who demands academic precision on football boards - I know that about you now).  If it weren't, no one would be interested in this thread.  That's why we want in - money, prestige, easier path to the playoffs?  Right?

3) No need for insults.  We're all Bulls fans here (most of us anyways).

Anyways, we've made our points.  Moving on.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,652
  • Days Won:  51

1 hour ago, JTrue said:

1) Yes. I do. If USF goes undefeated this year they will absolutely make the playoff.

2) I wasn't being sly. It was the wrong word. I was pretty open about it.

:roflmao:1: so naive, young, and full of wonderment.

danny120312_250.jpg

Edited by Sellular1

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,803
  • Days Won:  0

I'm starting to think it might be best if Big 12 took BYU and Colorado St. and left our conference alone. AAC has potential if it doesn't get raided.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

1 hour ago, TallyBull said:

1) Even if USF beats FSU and is otherwise undefeated, it will not get into the playoff over one-loss teams in the SEC, Big 10, Big XII, and Pac-12.  I'd love to see that hypothesis tested though. 

2) You caught the word, but missed my point.  P5 is like an aristocracy OR nobility OR landed gentry (I apologize again if I've used a wrong term - I get it, you're a stickler who demands academic precision on football boards - I know that about you now).  If it weren't, no one would be interested in this thread.  That's why we want in - money, prestige, easier path to the playoffs?  Right?

3) No need for insults.  We're all Bulls fans here (most of us anyways).

Anyways, we've made our points.  Moving on.

Everyone likes to answer this first question as if there is one blanket answer that covers all scenarios. Of course USF has a shot if undefeated, but there are so many variables. Did FSU have a good season? Is USF just skating by with our wins, or are we beating teams by two touchdowns? Obviously the most important win score wise is the FSU game. Other musts are going into a ranked Temple team in Philly, and playing at max a 1-2 loss Houston team in the CCG. Obviously Navy making a ranked status again will help our cause, and I do believe they will.

The other part of this question is how many losses other teams have, but I believe this is much more about how well USF does, than about other teams. It sucks thinking that we could possibly go undefeated and not make the playoffs, but I truly believe that if we beat each team convincingly, there is no way we are left out, unless the AAC has a complete meltdown this year, or FSU sucks.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,828
  • Days Won:  6

3 hours ago, chrisdashley said:

I'm getting nervous. Are we better off in the AAC and avoiding the Big 12 dumpster fire when Texas and Oklahoma bolt after the tv deal goes into the toilet?

If the AAV doesn't get raided or if we Los 1 to 2 teams in think we are better off in the AAC depending on who is still on the conference.

• Topic Count:  2,401
  • Content Count:  21,566
  • Days Won:  10

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

After reading a couple of the articles about the networks pushing back against expansion and some of the political reasons for expansion I am beginning to wonder if the conference is acting in good faith with the betterment for the league or if it is just a quick money grab. If they are just acting in bad faith to take advantage of an opportunity and "loophole" in the contract, we are out. 

From what. I read Texas may be supporting UH simply to get approval to open a branch in Houston. TTU is doing the same in order to open a medical school. Simply a quid pro qo in both cases.  

The deal with the networks is to basically just get the cash available if they expand. 

The reason the networks may be publicly pushing back publicly may be the markets and schools (Houston and Memphis) provide no benefit to the networks who are contractually obligated to foot the bill. 

If this is the case, not only are we screwed, I can foresee a bigger mess moving forward. Let's hope the B12 is acting like the other conferences did and have growth best interests of all parties at heart. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,769
  • Days Won:  14

5 hours ago, NavyUSFGuy said:

Everyone likes to answer this first question as if there is one blanket answer that covers all scenarios. Of course USF has a shot if undefeated, but there are so many variables. Did FSU have a good season? Is USF just skating by with our wins, or are we beating teams by two touchdowns? Obviously the most important win score wise is the FSU game. Other musts are going into a ranked Temple team in Philly, and playing at max a 1-2 loss Houston team in the CCG. Obviously Navy making a ranked status again will help our cause, and I do believe they will.

The other part of this question is how many losses other teams have, but I believe this is much more about how well USF does, than about other teams. It sucks thinking that we could possibly go undefeated and not make the playoffs, but I truly believe that if we beat each team convincingly, there is no way we are left out, unless the AAC has a complete meltdown this year, or FSU sucks.

Good points, I hope you're right.  But there's not a lot of love out there for the AAC.