Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

Looks like I was right, Big12 starting to piss off TV partners with floating teams that have no TV value.  LOL.  Stupidest Run Conference that just luckily has Texas and Oklahoma holding it together.

• Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  3,030
  • Days Won:  2

Although we were never a favorite, once again ESPN has yielded their sword and shut us down.....our leadership's moves while we were in the Big East vs Espn continue to haunt us

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233

9 minutes ago, dausfbulls11 said:

Although we were never a favorite, once again ESPN has yielded their sword and shut us down.....our leadership's moves while we were in the Big East vs Espn continue to haunt us

We weren't the ones shut down. I'm guessing the Big 12 went with BYU, Colorado St., Houston and Memphis. These markets give nothing to ESPN or Fox. If they had went with eastern schools at least Fox would be interested. :icon_drink:

If the Big 12 moves into Florida, Ohio, or points east, then there is value for Fox and ESPN can do a back door deal with Fox for other properties/games.

Edited by Azmodi
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  3,030
  • Days Won:  2

Hence with the first sentence we were never the favorite....and i think fox does favor the florida schools

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233

2 minutes ago, dausfbulls11 said:

Hence with the first sentence we were never the favorite....and i think fox does favor the florida schools

My point is that it isn't ESPN. It's the Big 12's fault for playing stupid again.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

17 minutes ago, Azmodi said:

We weren't the ones shut down. I'm guessing the Big 12 went with BYU, Colorado St., Houston and Memphis. These markets give nothing to ESPN or Fox. If they had went with eastern schools at least Fox would be interested. :icon_drink:

If the Big 12 moves into Florida, Ohio, or points east, then there is value for Fox and ESPN can do a back door deal with Fox for other properties/games.

I still don't think Memphis was one of the chosen ones due to their academics. But regardless, you are correct none of the markets bring "immediate" value. However, in time they probably could (especially FL) but time is not what the networks are looking at. They want "immediate" and this is a significant change from the time we were selected for the BE. Further, I believe that the Mouse wants to get this down to four conferences and what better way to do this than to put the squeeze on the Big 12. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  422
  • Content Count:  9,786

The one day the big 12 will blow up and it will be a conference of half of the AAC and Big 12, and it will still have the Big 12 name.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,769
  • Days Won:  14

Before I went to USF I was blissfully unaware of how snobbish and inequitable college football is.  It should be as simple as every university has a football team and has equal access to championships and money.  Nope.  

Didn't we fight a war over this kind of crap (aristocracy)?  While it also has its flaws, the NFL is downright egalitarian in comparison.  A game for the people, where every team has a shot.

• Topic Count:  150
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

10 minutes ago, TallyBull said:

Before I went to USF I was blissfully unaware of how snobbish and inequitable college football is.  It should be as simple as every university has a football team and has equal access to championships and money.  Nope.  

Didn't we fight a war over this kind of crap (aristocracy)?  While it also has its flaws, the NFL is downright egalitarian in comparison.  A game for the people, where every team has a shot.

You do realize college football has had more, different, champions in the last 30 years than the NFL, right? 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

1 hour ago, dausfbulls11 said:

Have I missed the announcement??