Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,427
  • Content Count:  98,346
  • Days Won:  490

I just reserved the twitter handle @TheBig16Source. 

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, Joe said:

How are people not sold on Houston? If Texas and Texas Tech publicly made statements stating USF deserved to be a part of Big 12 expansion we'd all be mentally popping corks right now. 

Houston is in. I'd be shocked if they weren't. The USF factor is likely team 13 or 14. 

Houston deserves to be P5 without a doubt. Texas' approval via Twitter is a political move; to gain approval for a satellite campus in Houston and also for UT to have in writing that they lobbied for Houston. TT just follows what ever Burnt Orange Nation tells them to. The rest of the conference isn't too keen to having another Texas school gaining more P5 recruits. That doesn't mean it won't happen, I just see their co-mingling with the Pac to be a sign of things to come, but who knows. There's also something to be said about the B12 not wanting another conference in their territory, so UH would be more of a power grab than anything. 

I'm also not buying the B12 moving West with BYU when they already moved East with WVU. If travel matters even a little, adding a partner for WVU in Cincy doesn't help if both of them need to travel 2000 miles to Provo. Again, BYU deserves to be in a P5 as well. I'm honestly unsure of the Pac's likelihood of adding them, especially if Utah severely would block them for entrance; but, if they are willing to deal with the scheduling issues it makes sense. 

I'm just speculating like everyone on the various links and rumors we have heard; and think my above statement makes the most sense. But CFB doesn't make any sense anymore when it comes to realignment so there!

Edited by Ionbull
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

1 hour ago, HR Bull said:

Vote Green! #JillStein

Haven't looked much on her because I am too much on the Johnson hype train, but it is good to see people look outside the box this election. Trump and Clinton are so horrible as people

• Upvote 4

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,427
  • Content Count:  98,346
  • Days Won:  490

They're terrible every election, get used to it. 

Now before Trip admonishes me, can we get back to the B12/B13/B14/B15/B16 talk?  It's key to our selection.  :)

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,871
  • Days Won:  25

7 minutes ago, NavyUSFGuy said:

Haven't looked much on her because I am too much on the Johnson hype train, but it is good to see people look outside the box this election. Trump and Clinton are so horrible as people

we need to get away from the rep/dem power axis. Neither party is for the people.

2 minutes ago, Brad said:

Now before Trip admonishes me, can we get back to the B12/B13/B14/B15/B16 talk?  It's key to our selection.  :)

BIG XIV is going to happen. Cincy, the Florida brothers, and maybe memphis or Tulane (dark horse pick) as a bridge team. Unless they boot out WVU and take 5 western teams.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

53 minutes ago, Ionbull said:

Houston deserves to be P5 without a doubt. Texas' approval via Twitter is a political move; to gain approval for a satellite campus in Houston and also for UT to have in writing that they lobbied for Houston. TT just follows what ever Burnt Orange Nation tells them to. The rest of the conference isn't too keen to having another Texas school gaining more P5 recruits. That doesn't mean it won't happen, I just see their co-mingling with the Pac to be a sign of things to come, but who knows. There's also something to be said about the B12 not wanting another conference in their territory, so UH would be more of a power grab than anything. 

I'm also not buying the B12 moving West with BYU when they already moved East with WVU. If travel matters even a little, adding a partner for WVU in Cincy doesn't help if both of them need to travel 2000 miles to Provo. Again, BYU deserves to be in a P5 as well. I'm honestly unsure of the Pac's likelihood of adding them, especially if Utah severely would block them for entrance; but, if they are willing to deal with the scheduling issues it makes sense. 

I'm just speculating like everyone on the various links and rumors we have heard; and think my above statement makes the most sense. But CFB doesn't make any sense anymore when it comes to realignment so there!

Why do you say they deserve to be in "without a doubt"?  

I don't see where they are any more deserving than USF, Cincy or even UCF for that matter.

The best thing they have going for them is they are the hot team with some fairly long ago history and geographical convenience.  

They benefit more from a possible upgrade in conference affiliation far more than they bring to the table. 

They bring a very negligible amount of additional subscribers to the conference tv broadcasts. The city/area brings zero new exposure to recruiting opportunitie. 

They bring little more than geographical convenience for conference members alumni to attend an additional game.

From a conference financial standpoint I see them taking more than they give.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,957
  • Days Won:  436

33 minutes ago, Brad said:

A little OT on THIS thread is definitely allowed ...

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,652
  • Days Won:  51

34 minutes ago, usfgrad84 said:

Why do you say they deserve to be in "without a doubt"?  

I don't see where they are any more deserving than USF, Cincy or even UCF for that matter.

The best thing they have going for them is they are the hot team with some fairly long ago history and geographical convenience.  

They benefit more from a possible upgrade in conference affiliation far more than they bring to the table. 

They bring a very negligible amount of additional subscribers to the conference tv broadcasts. The city/area brings zero new exposure to recruiting opportunitie. 

They bring little more than geographical convenience for conference members alumni to attend an additional game.

From a conference financial standpoint I see them taking more than they give.  

From a business perspective, Houston adds no value.  Like placing another Mons Venus on Dale Mabry.   Wait a minute, that might in fact be a good idea. 

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

Dude, he's The Big 12 Source. How much more official do you want??

Make no mistake about it, conference realignment is all about business

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

I don't know if any of you have done business in Texas, but politicin' at strip clubs is an essential business practice. Golfing and steak houses are also acceptable.