Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  177
  • Content Count:  8,726
  • Days Won:  28

13 minutes ago, BullsFanInTX said:

He should be...but won't.  USF is on it's own on this one, and unless Genshaft is pulling strings at every level, it's not going to happen. 

Don't forget the pull UF, FSU and Miami have with the state legislators.  I would bet they are lobbying behind the scenes to keep us and UCF on the outside looking in.  Imagine where things would be in 10 years if USF is in a P5 conference with P5 money.  We absolutely would be a threat to them, especially in recruiting.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

No, I just want to know how you know these "facts" that are still in the future and haven't happened yet.  I am not saying you will be wrong, but I don't see too many people calling things facts that there is no evidence for yet.

Ms. Cleo died recently so we know she couldn't be your source.  So tell us what is.  

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Days Won:  3

24 minutes ago, BullsFanInTX said:

Remember what happened when Big East crumbled and USF was left without a home.  This will be even worse, because finally, there will be no more lifeboats left...ever.  The teams that will be left will be less than garbage.  Much worse than current AAC.  USF will be basically in a Sun Belt level conference, with no hopes of moving up, ever.

Better start hoping for a miracle.  Because as it is, USF will get left behind, again.  It's going to happen within next 30 days.  Come to grips, terms, whatever you want to call it.  Just be prepared to permanently play Sun Belt football with 20,000 crowds...or less.  The faster you can come to terms with that, the better.  I know Genshaft and Harlan are working quietly behind the scenes, but the fact is, we are not getting in over BYU, Houston, and Cincinnati.  And there's not a Tom Jurich at Louisville pulling strings to help us get in this time.  Lee Roy Selmon isn't walking through that door.  The only hope would be to go in as a pair with UCF, but it doesn't even appear UCF is in the current top 3 or 4.  We are not even getting mentions in half the articles that come out now.

I'm not saying give up hope, but just be prepared to be let down once again.

On a somewhat positive note, If USF can hang on to Willie Taggart for a while, USF should absolutely steamroll whatever is left of AAC, but I wouldn't even count on keeping Taggart that long in a watered down craptacular AAC.  

No its definitely doom and gloom, youre way overreacting.

If you consistently win your conference, eventually the college football world takes notices and youll be invited somewhere i.e. Louisville. 

If we start winning regularly again we'll be ok.

This wont be the last expansion ever.

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Believe what you want to believe.  I look at reality, and the sooner we all do that the better.  Listen, I hope I am wrong.  I would be ecstatic if I was wrong.  I do know that USF is working hard quietly behind the scenes and are pulling out every stop.  I am not saying they aren't.  But let's look at reality once again.  There are 4 spots.  Texas and Texas Tech are openly advocating for Houston.  Every major politician in Texas is advocating for Houston.  They are in.  BYU is a national program with a lot of history and a 60,000 seat stadium that they fill every week.  They are in.  WVU needs someone close by.  Cincinnati brings a good market, decent recruiting, a better football history than USF, and a better basketball program.  They are in.  The Big 12 could look to Florida at 14, but it isn't likely.  And even if they did, it's totally possibly it could be UCF and not USF.  Most likely is UConn with a national championship caliber basketball program.  And, to a lesser extent Memphis.  Which schools do you think will get the votes.  BYU, Houston, Cincinnati, and UConn...or USF.

That's why it was so critical for USF to get off to a fast start this year to be fresh in the minds of Big 12 decision makers, but now, that won't even happen, most likely.

I know USF has tons of selling points.  I know what they are.  We all do, but let's all be realistic about what the chances are.  Currently at less that 2%, in my opinion.  OK so I will be generous and say 5% chance. 

• Downvote 2

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,769
  • Days Won:  14

35 minutes ago, BullsFanInTX said:

The chances of that are less than 2%.

Wow, that's some serious precision. Impressive.  

Folks, I love USF and I love college football.  I want what's best for my school.  But the sun will continue to rise regardless of what the Big XII does or doesn't do.

Edited by TallyBull
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, BullsFanInTX said:

Believe what you want to believe.  I look at reality, and the sooner we all do that the better.  Listen, I hope I am wrong.  I would be ecstatic if I was wrong. 

But if it is a FACT, as you say, that USF will be left behind, why would you be wrong?  At this point, you have as much credibility as Tuxedo Yoda.

I'm a big fan of waiting for things to actually happen before calling them facts, but that's just me.  I hope we get in, but Go Bulls, regardless.

• Upvote 2

The sun will continue to rise, and USF will continue to play football, possibly even good football.  All I am doing is preparing you to be in a Sun Belt level conference, with Sun Belt level exposure after AAC is gutted.  We all will continue to support USF no matter what.  No one is saying otherwise, we just need to understand reality.

• Downvote 3

1 minute ago, GaUSFBull said:

But if it is a FACT, as you say, that USF will be left behind, why would you be wrong?  At this point, you have as much credibility as Tuxedo Yoda.

I'm a big fan of waiting for things to actually happen before calling them facts, but that's just me.  I hope we get in, but Go Bulls, regardless.

Please explain how I am wrong if you disagree with me.  I already laid out a convincing argument of why USF would be left behind, and what schools would likely be chosen ahead of USF and why.

Again, please explain how and why I am wrong with detailed information.  Please explain to me how USF is getting in over Houston, BYU, and Cincinnati and why that might occur.  And not just "USF is quietly pulling strings and working on it", but with data and facts as to why that might happen.

• Topic Count:  177
  • Content Count:  8,726
  • Days Won:  28

Right now, if I had to guess, I'd say BYU Cinci Memphis and UH get in.

Just now, BullsFanInTX said:

Please explain how I am wrong if you disagree with me.  I already laid out a convincing argument of why USF would be left behind, and what schools would likely be chosen ahead of USF and why.

Again, please explain how and why I am wrong with detailed information.  Please explain to me how USF is getting in over Houston, BYU, and Cincinnati and why that might occur.  And not just "USF is quietly pulling strings and working on it", but with data and facts as to why that might happen.

I didn't want to do this, but apparently you haven't figured out that I am asking you to back up YOUR asserted "facts."

I've neither said you were wrong, nor have I said I have any kind of detailed information as to why you'd be wrong.  

You are the one asserting facts, not me.  The responsibility is YOURS to prove your case based on facts and odds of certain things happening that you alone are aware of.  

Until you do so, I'm going to assume your posts along these lines have been emotional, unsubstantial rants unworthy of further comment.  

• Upvote 3