Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  291
  • Content Count:  2,668
  • Days Won:  0

Ideally I like the sounds of BYU (football only), Houston, and a USF/UCF combo as the 4 to join the Big 12. Likelihood doesn't seem high, but this seems like the best of both worlds for the Big 12. You get the prestige of BYU, "pleasing" Texas with Houston, and the benefit of a recruiting hot bed and expanding in to two top 20 TV markets with USF & UCF. Thats just my two cents..

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Just now, deters- said:

B12 money helps support in state public university. Easy to see why they want Houston in. Rick Scott should be pushing USF and UCF too. That money will go a long way to building not only the athletic program, but also attracting better students and increasing academic success further advancing our university. 

He should be...but won't.  USF is on it's own on this one, and unless Genshaft is pulling strings at every level, it's not going to happen. 

• Topic Count:  130
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  2

1 minute ago, deters- said:

B12 money helps support in state public university. Easy to see why they want Houston in. Rick Scott should be pushing USF and UCF too. That money will go a long way to building not only the athletic program, but also attracting better students and increasing academic success further advancing our university. 

I didn't say that I didn't understand why he has an opinion. I just don't understand why he thinks his opinion is that important.

1 minute ago, bullsmeanbusiness said:

Ideally I like the sounds of BYU (football only), Houston, and a USF/UCF combo as the 4 to join the Big 12. Likelihood doesn't seem high, but this seems like the best of both worlds for the Big 12. You get the prestige of BYU, "pleasing" Texas with Houston, and the benefit of a recruiting hot bed and expanding in to two top 20 TV markets with USF & UCF. Thats just my two cents..

Won't happen ever, so give up silly notions that won't happen.  First, Cincinnati would be added to give someone close to WVU.

The only (slim) hope we have is that somehow, someway, the B12 can't come to agreement with BYU, and they aren't added.  Then, maybe, just maybe, USF and UCF could sneak in at #13 and 14.

The chances of that are less than 2%.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,826

7 minutes ago, BullsFanInTX said:

Remember what happened when Big East crumbled and USF was left without a home.  This will be even worse, because finally, there will be no more lifeboats left...ever.  The teams that will be left will be less than garbage.  Much worse than current AAC.  USF will be basically in a Sun Belt level conference, with no hopes of moving up, ever.

Better start hoping for a miracle.  Because as it is, USF will get left behind, again.  It's going to happen within next 30 days.  Come to grips, terms, whatever you want to call it.  Just be prepared to permanently play Sun Belt football with 20,000 crowds...or less.  The faster you can come to terms with that, the better.  I know Genshaft and Harlan are working quietly behind the scenes, but the fact is, we are not getting in over BYU, Houston, and Cincinnati.  And there's not a Tom Jurich at Louisville pulling strings to help us get in this time.  Lee Roy Selmon isn't walking through that door.  The only hope would be to go in as a pair with UCF, but it doesn't even appear UCF is in the current top 3 or 4.  We are not even getting mentions in half the articles that come out now.

I'm not saying give up hope, but just be prepared to be let down once again.

On a somewhat positive note, If USF can hang on to Willie Taggart for a while, USF should absolutely steamroll whatever is left of AAC, but I wouldn't even count on keeping Taggart that long in a watered down craptacular AAC.  

Here is why I do not share your gloom.  As the population continues to grow so does the talent. Football teams can only take 11 players on the field at a time so space is limited for playing time. It is what brought about more competitive football over the last two decades and will continue to shape football as long as it is in existence.  So whether it is now or 10 years from now the momentum is there for parity and we will be players eventually if not now.

Edited by Bullrush33

• Topic Count:  291
  • Content Count:  2,668

6 minutes ago, BullsFanInTX said:

Won't happen ever, so give up silly notions that won't happen.  First, Cincinnati would be added to give someone close to WVU.

The only (slim) hope we have is that somehow, someway, the B12 can't come to agreement with BYU, and they aren't added.  Then, maybe, just maybe, USF and UCF could sneak in at #13 and 14.

The chances of that are less than 2%.

Like I said in my post, likelihood isn't high and that it was my two cents. Never did I say that it was going to happen. 

Just now, Bullrush33 said:

Here is why I do not share your gloom.  As the population continues to grow so does the talent. Footbally teams can only take 11 players on the field at a time so space is limited for playing team. It is what brought about more competitive footbally over the last two decades and will continue to shape football as long as it is in existence.  So whether it is now or 10 years from now the momentum is there for parity and we will be players eventually if not now.

It's not gloom, it's reality.  USF will be playing in a Sun Belt level conference, with Sun Belt level TV exposure, and Sun Belt level TV revenue.  These are facts.  This is not fantasy, or speculation, but facts.  Tell me how I am wrong.  Meanwhile, the Power 5 will be making 50 million each in TV revenue alone in years to come, compared to maybe a couple hundred thousand at USF.  Yes, there will be occasional good/great players still coming to USF, but the fact is most great players want to play in a power league.  As the money dries up, USF won't be able to hang on to premier coaches, and will lose arms races to schools making 50M more.  Crowds will dwindle as we play the Lousiana Monroes and Troy States of the world.  Yes, we could dominate that level, but still have no hope of moving up, or actually competing for CFP bowls, etc.  Our big years will result in vacations at the end of the year to the Poulan Weedeater bowl.  These are facts, unless by some miracle, we are able to snag one of these 4 spots.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

• Topic Count:  347
  • Content Count:  1,867

We all understand what is at stake... 

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Just now, BullsFanInTX said:

It's not gloom, it's reality.  USF will be playing in a Sun Belt level conference, with Sun Belt level TV exposure, and Sun Belt level TV revenue.  These are facts.  This is not fantasy, or speculation, but facts.   Tell me how I am wrong.

Is this how you're able to know these "facts" that haven't occurred yet?   If these were truly "facts," as you say, how would someone prove you wrong?

213449.jpg

Edited by GaUSFBull
  • Upvote 1

Just now, GaUSFBull said:

Is this how you're able to know these "facts" that haven't occurred yet?

213449.jpg

Tell me how I am wrong.  USF will be left in a conference with Tulsa, Tulane, SMU, Temple, Navy, ECU, and probably teams like Southern Miss and Old Dominion.  At that point you can only hope that UCF isn't picked up either, so at least USF would have a rival left. 

Tell me that's not a Sun Belt level conference that won't receive Sun Belt level TV revenue and exposure.