Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  22,701
  • Days Won:  53

15 hours ago, 2000bull said:

does anybody else have the feeling ecu went ahead and faxed in their application to the Big 12, a couple of times?

Dang you have to fax in applications to the Big 12? These are dark times indeed.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  177
  • Content Count:  8,726
  • Days Won:  28

1 hour ago, FazaUSF said:

I believe, sadly, that we should be preparing ourselves for the unfortunate circumstance of being left on the outside, looking in, yet again. Our relatively low donor and fan support is likely too high a hurdle to overcome, considering the downstream effects. I appreciate the changes Athletics has been making to improve this... just wish it would have happened far sooner. We were complacent to ride the wave of football success for too long without truly capitalizing on it, and allowed a lot of that opportunity pass us by. Hopefully that mistake won't be repeated if CWT ends up being remotely as successful in the field CJL was or even the team CSH oversaw towards his early reign.

Sadly, I agree with this take and the statement released by USF will somehow reflect this.  

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

8 hours ago, USFBULL_08 said:

Wonder if that means the quiet approach wasn't working quite working out?

I think that they've been asked about it so many times, that they just want to put out a statement.  I doubt you'll see pandering from them.  Fans may not like it, but in any kind of negotiations, the quiet approach is usually better.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,310
  • Days Won:  8

8 hours ago, GoBulls84 said:

If they come out with the public pandering maybe.

The ECU Athletics Twitter account just posted about how they'd make a great travel partner for West Virginia with all the areas the Big XII is in colored purple, and Joey Knight was responding to that when he said he'd expect a USF statement sometime soon. I'd be disappointed if we came out with something even close to that publicly, but I don't think that will be the case.

JK didn't think we would have the map, at least...

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

Dang, you guys are acting just like when we go into the 4th quarter with a lead... "Oh, we are going to lose this. I can see it now."

You read all the idiotic posts from 2 bit writers all over the Internet guessing out of their butt and you take it to heart.

WE HAVE A VERY STRONG SHOT AT A B12 INVITE.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,310
  • Days Won:  8

No hurt in my butt.  If I've learned one thing after 756 pages of this, it's that NO ONE knows jack.  Until it happens, it's all speculation.  Shoot, who's to even say the B12 won't suddenly change their mind on expansion and wait until after the football season?  They've said nothing to the contrary.  And of course they've never actually said they're definitely expanding either!  So if we get in I'll be just as excited and surprised as the next guy, and if we get left out I'll be crying in my tenth beer like the next guy. Until then, I'll keep my tender buttocks unhurt, thank you very much.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,769
  • Days Won:  14

^ Agreed.  Our financial support isn't our strongest argument for inclusion, but it alone isn't a deal breaker.  We've also got lots of pluses.  Chins up, buttercups, we're still in this.

Edited by TallyBull
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  150
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

9 hours ago, USFBULL_08 said:

Wonder if that means the quiet approach wasn't working quite working out?

Define not quite working out. Are we only a little bit in the Big 12? Just the tip? I always thought it was a binary thing. When the announcement is made you're either in or you're out.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,769
  • Days Won:  14

3 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Define not quite working out. Are we only a little bit in the Big 12? Just the tip? I always thought it was a binary thing. When the announcement is made you're either in or you're out.

Right.  FWIW, I'm expecting a whole lot of silence from USF regarding expansion until a decision is finally made by the Big XII to expand or not.  I think the press release that USF intends to publish will probably rehash what they said the last time - "we want to compete at the highest levels, positioning ourselves for success, we're actively monitoring all opportunities that are in the best interest of the school," etc.  I'm not sure how anyone could interpret quiet negotiations as "not quite working out" - how could we really know until decisions are made?

• Topic Count:  150
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

13 minutes ago, TallyBull said:

Right.  FWIW, I'm expecting a whole lot of silence from USF regarding expansion until a decision is finally made by the Big XII to expand or not.  I think the press release that USF intends to publish will probably rehash what they said the last time - "we want to compete at the highest levels, positioning ourselves for success, we're actively monitoring all opportunities that are in the best interest of the school," etc.  I'm not sure how anyone could interpret quiet negotiations as "not quite working out" - how could we really know until decisions are made?

That's what happens when you are judging the process by number of blogger mentions.

• Upvote 1