Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,085
  • Days Won:  11

is there still the 27 month notice before you can leave? or was that just the Big East?

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,769
  • Days Won:  14

Just a guess, but I think BXII is going to pick either Cincy or UCONN if it expands by four - not both.  And I think Cincy would be the better overall pick, given its proximity to WVU, solid athletics including football, and location in Ohio.

I think USF/UCF go as a pair if at all.  For reasons already expressed elsewhere, they are much stronger as a pair media market-wise.  USF is better academically, no question, but other than that they are perceived to be similar in most respects.  They would constitute the potential for "growth."  Media personalities that mention only UCF are lazy and just picking a Florida school out of a hat - UCF comes first to mind because of its Fiesta Bowl win against a BXII school.  I suspect BXII school consultants and presidents will be a bit more thorough.

Then there's BYU.  Could they work out a deal to play football only, so as to avoid the Sunday complications?  I think yes.  I also think another Texas school or Memphis is unlikely to be the fourth option, but if BYU doesn't pan out, who knows?

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,258
  • Days Won:  6

Man you guys are suckers.  This is all a ploy by Triple B to get to 1000 pages on this thread.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  791
  • Days Won:  3

With all the mess that went on at Baylor athletic dept. recent years...the Big 12 sure doesn't want to add any schools with any in the least questionable 'goings on' going on. USF has been squeaky clean and doesn't have any lingering stink hanging about....plus for USF with Big 12.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Well, this could throw a monkey wrench in all of it.  Bill Snyder says two defectors regret leaving and want back in.  The speculation in this article is that it's Nebraska and Colorado.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2016/7/20/12235032/big-12-expansion-candidates-colorado-whaaat

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

10 hours ago, Bull Dozer said:

Memphis isn't getting into the Big 12. 

Now make the $100 donation you owe or kick rocks, dweeb 

It wasn't Tiger Jay that made the bet, it was his alter-ego, the luchador, Tigre Mascara.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

10 hours ago, KevinUSF00 said:

"I would say that we are looking for members that will grow over time as we grow," Bowlsby said, "that will bring stability to the conference and that have a high top end, will benefit from an affiliation with the schools that are currently in our conference."

Can anybody think of any schools that have a chance to grow over time and have a high top end?

There are two in Florida. :) We've passed NY as the third most populous state in the country with no signs of slowing down.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,085
  • Days Won:  11

USF and UCF should both offer to join at 10 mil each for the first couple years...

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

9 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

Well, this could throw a monkey wrench in all of it.  Bill Snyder says two defectors regret leaving and want back in.  The speculation in this article is that it's Nebraska and Colorado.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2016/7/20/12235032/big-12-expansion-candidates-colorado-whaaat

Agree that Nebraska isn't going anywhere.  They're in the next best spot after the SEC.  

Colorado could definitely ruin everything.  Maybe we can take their spot in the Pac-12.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  370
  • Content Count:  6,587
  • Days Won:  37

4 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

As the article astutely points out, there is virtually no chance of Nebraska leaving the BIG 10 given the new deal signed with ESPN and the grant of rights that would be covered by that 6 year contract. 

Colorado's name offers some intrigue and could certainly make the jump back, but if you can get Colorado State at a discount for the next 8 years, I don't see why the conference just doesn't go that route. In that scenario Colorado would have to admit to making a big mistake and the conference would have to agree to let a deserter back in its ranks. 

At this point, I think USF and UCF really need to just suck it up and team up on a bid. If one or both gets left out of this round of conference expansion it could be 10 to 20 years before any major changes take place, if at all. Offer to share a single stake for the rest of the conference's current TV deal. That would leave $30 million in extra revenue to be split among the current members ($3 million annually, $24 million over the life of the deal).