Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

So...

What odds would you estimate for USF getting into the B12? Let's make that percentage; I prefer percentages.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

I have the feeling we're going to get in.  Given our academics and brief history in a big conference... I think we'll get a good look.  If this team... not if... when this team starts the season 5-0 we'll be sitting in a really good position.  I think this team is what's going to do it.  No way they overlook us now that we're back winning.  I like our position right now.

I don't see them taking ucif as they just had a complete reshuffling of their athletic department to include new head coaches in both key sports.  I just get the feeling things are breaking right for us.  Us and Cincy.  Also... the PAC 12s new contract told us media size will be a consideration.

Edited by Calibull
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Guest PCBull14
6 minutes ago, Calibull said:

I have the feeling we're going to get in.  Given our academics and brief history in a big conference... I think we'll get a good look.  If this team... not if... when this team starts the season 5-0 we'll be sitting in a really good position.  I think this team is what's going to do it.  No way they overlook us now that we're back winning.  I like our position right now.

I don't see them taking ucif as they just had a complete reshuffling of their athletic department to include new head coaches in both key sports.  I just get the feeling things are breaking right for us.  Us and Cincy.  Also... the PAC 12s new contract told us media size will be a consideration.

Agreed. I think  market size will be a driving force in this expansion. They want money from a new contract which means more guaranteed eyes TV's.

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

2 minutes ago, PCBull14 said:

Agreed. I think  market size will be a driving force in this expansion. They want money from a new contract which means more guaranteed eyes TV's.

I think instead of splitting the pie, as they originally thought, it's now paid by the current TV contract with the networks. Now, if they networks are going to have to pay the new members; the networks are going to have a big voice in the decision -even if they are contractually bound by the terms.

• Upvote 1

Guest PCBull14
1 minute ago, ArmyBull said:

When we are 5-0, we will already know our fate.  Heck, the decision is likely already made to large degree.  You don't make these statements if you don't already have your short list in hand.  They fact that we had a winning season last year is neither here nor there, matters zero.  Look at all of the media attention that UCF is getting and they went O'fer last season.  The research has been done and our media market may actually be our ticket in.     

This. 

When they said two or four. I'm like they already know who is getting in. All this is, is a numbers game its probably narrowed down to six and two get the boot. I honestly think they add four. 

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

44 minutes ago, footnfan1 said:

They take both Florida schools, or neither. I don't think neither is an option for the B12. 

I'd be surprised if they only take one.  One of the big issues now is WVU being on an island and one of the reasons Cinci is rumored.  I doubt they'd create an even more remote island issue.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,803
  • Days Won:  0

Only two scenarios work for us: 1) We get into the Big 12 2.) they take only Colorado St. and BYU and leave the American in tact. We absolutely cannot be stuck in a depleted American.

• Upvote 3