Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  502
  • Days Won:  0

I'm with Fennelly.  Screw the B10/12/14/16 and their condescending attitude.  How much cache is ISU and KSU really bringing that half the AAC can't?  If it wasn't for Texas holding that conference together the AAC would have the upper hand and would have to think twice about bringing in the rest of that "dilutive" crew on board.  :FIREdevil:   

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

5 hours ago, Bourbon Bull said:

Never said you did. The, "The patents mean nothing" remark was just a haha.  I just figured if they had any intent that they would have purchased the site names ahead of time.

Ah, maybe but, they have time, it's not like they'd need it right off anyway.

Edited by Azmodi

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

If adding to solidify the AAC, getting the other military schools on board would make the American  more 'Merica and have an appeal to all the armed forces and be a unique package that could add value to any tv deal. 

I am all for making our conference more valuable because really that is the only thing wrong with the picture that won't get sorted out when they go to 8 team playoff. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  150
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

8 hours ago, NavyUSFGuy said:

This article made it seem like if you're not in a power 5, you're worthless. But tell me, how many times in a New Years 6 bowl has a 'Power 5' team beaten the G5 Champion? 0. The 'G5', AKA the AAC + Boise, is 3-0 in these games. And I don't see the streak ending any time soon. Because the fact is that the gap is not as wide as the media will have you believe. Time will tell. I think the AAC is just fine where it is, but I would suggest taking an aggressive stance on getting Boise and SDSU back on board, and dropping some of the dead weight (Tulane, SMU). If geography is too big of an issue, then add the next best team outside of SDSU, but getting Boise is a must.

I assume you mean, a champion of a G5 conference. And yes, it does happen. But the gap between the AAC and the G5 conferences is exactly as wide as the media reports. Unless you think top to bottom, the AAC is as strong as Big 12, who was the lowest ranked conference of the G5. I agree that the best team from the AAC year in and year out can stay in a game and win against the other conferences, but I'm not convinced we're anything better than the 6th best overall conference. 

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

1 hour ago, JTrue said:

I assume you mean, a champion of a G5 conference. And yes, it does happen. But the gap between the AAC and the G5 conferences is exactly as wide as the media reports. Unless you think top to bottom, the AAC is as strong as Big 12, who was the lowest ranked conference of the G5. I agree that the best team from the AAC year in and year out can stay in a game and win against the other conferences, but I'm not convinced we're anything better than the 6th best overall conference. 

Every year the top G5 team goes against maybe the 11th ranked overall team, because no one thinks the G5 champ is going to play competitively. So we end up getting the next worst team in a NY6 bowl. This means the best AAC team is going against a P5 conference's maybe 2 or 3rd best team. This is a match up that in my opinion will favor the AAC champ almost every year. So my point is that we just need to keep winning these games to show the college football world that this isn't a crap conference, and we deserve access to playoff if we have a team have a spectacular year, and most definitely deserve more media coverage and TV deal.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

1 hour ago, JTrue said:

And no, I don't think we are better top to bottom than the Big 12, but I think we are closer top to bottom to the Big 12 than we are to C-USA

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,652
  • Days Won:  51

34 minutes ago, NavyUSFGuy said:

And no, I don't think we are better top to bottom than the Big 12, but I think we are closer top to bottom to the Big 12 than we are to C-USA

I'd say most years the ACC blows more than the B12

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

20 hours ago, Sellular1 said:

Not worthless, just $30 million to $3 million difference.

Common misconception. AAC distributes 6-7 m per not 3 m. This includes all revenue to include tv money, bowl distribution, and tournament credits. The 30m number for big 12 is not tv money but all sources of income. tv money is quite a bit less than that. 

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,652
  • Days Won:  51

53 minutes ago, BullsFanInTX said:

Common misconception. AAC distributes 6-7 m per not 3 m. This includes all revenue to include tv money, bowl distribution, and tournament credits. The 30m number for big 12 is not tv money but all sources of income. tv money is quite a bit less than that. 

Common misconception. The $30 million from the B12 is not all sources of income.  The teams get an additional 5-7 million from their tier 3 rights, Texas gets $15 mill a year for TLN.

• Topic Count:  150
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 hour ago, BullsFanInTX said:

27 minutes ago, Sellular1 said:

Common misconception. The $30 million from the B12 is not all sources of income.  The teams get an additional 5-7 million from their tier 3 rights, Texas gets $15 mill a year for TLN.

Common misconception. There is no sex in the champagne room.