Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

OK if you're satisfied with Cincinnati and Memphis reporters getting all the scoops that are slanted to their point of view, then I guess you're just satisfied with the coverage and don't need any info as it relates to USF.  Gotcha.

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

3 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Gotcha. Someone possibly connected to the Big 12 (but not necessarily) went anonymously on record and said the third largest state in the country, one with two of the top 10 largest schools in the nation, the state that produced 42 less 3/4/5 star prospects than Texas, despite having 7 million fewer people, and has two of the top 20 largest media markets, might be a place they'd consider expanding to...if the money was right. 

You forgot to add that two of the school's colors started with the letter "G".

• Topic Count:  150
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

2 minutes ago, BullsFanInTX said:

OK if you're satisfied with Cincinnati and Memphis reporters getting all the scoops that are slanted to their point of view, then I guess you're just satisfied with the coverage and don't need any info as it relates to USF.  Gotcha.

I am very satisfied. Right now, Cincinnati and Memphis reporters are tied with Tampa reporters for most amount of scoops reported. Also tied for first on that list...everyone else on Earth.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

1 hour ago, BullsFanInTX said:

The moment that a reporter holds sway over a P5 conference and gets their local team into said P5 conference, then I'll become dissatisfied with the current Tampa-based USF coverage.  

Edited by GaUSFBull

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233

In my opinion, we don't have a media personality covering expansion putting a positive spin out for USF. That's the issue I have talked about before. Other schools have reporters lobbying for their local school. We don't have that. It lends credence to the perception of Tampa being a passive sports town. The only thing worse is the media. When the team is winning, the fans and media support them. When the team is losing, the fans are disinterested. The media however, will roast our butts off, crush our skulls in and write about it in bold print.

Yep, JTrue's responses here are an example of our fan base. Take what comes but, don't make waves, that's too much effort. I hope USF makes it into a Power conference. If they don't I'm going to look around at everyone pointing fingers and ask them what they did to help, aside from being sarcastic and antagonizing towards others.

FYI: Yes I'm tired of people attacking others for sharing their opinions. This is the internet after all. :chair:

Edited by Azmodi
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  150
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

6 minutes ago, Azmodi said:

Yep, JTrue's responses here are an example of our fan base. Take what comes but, don't make waves, that's too much effort. I hope USF makes it into a Power conference. If they don't I'm going to look around at everyone pointing fingers and ask them what they did to help, aside from being sarcastic and antagonizing towards others.

If I'm the reason USF fails to make it, we have HUGE problems.

Just now, JTrue said:

If I'm the reason USF fails to make it, we have HUGE problems.

That's not what I meant. lol

I meant the actions of berating and or attacking someone who's making a pro USF statement. Instead of trying to help the person illustrate their opinion so that it is easier to understand and thus allow more people to view it and expand upon the concept, We have shown a pattern of indifference and even being antagonistic towards them. I think we need to try to work together and strive for mutual understanding in our goals to better our chances of reaching success.

Heck, I'm no writing expert. I've written numerous posts that I later had to explain, including this one. I'm just saying perhaps we all should show a little more tolerance.

A nugget on expansion from WVU's Gee.

"Whatever the case, as Gee said, Big 12 leaders will be “reviewing data” in regard to possible expansion. And here's one more nugget of information:You know how Gee has long been a proponent of expansion? Well, here's what he said on Tuesday.“I am going to listen carefully [to the data presented],” he said, “to finally make up my mind.”Draw from that what you will". - See more at: http://www.wvgazettemail.com/sports-mitch-vingle/20160531/mitch-vingle-wvus-gee-on-big-12-mec-and-recruiting#sthash.4Uj9kzTk.dpuf

Edited by Azmodi

Another tweet about how EVERY expansion candidate city (another tweet had Salt Lake media there) in the country has some type of reporter there EXCEPT Tampa

Jake TrotterVerified account @Jake_Trotter 16m16 minutes ago

Big 12 hasn’t expanded yet, but media corps covering it has. Reporters from Memphis, Cincinnati, Houston, Orlando covering Big 12 meetings

But yes, I am so wrong for pointing this little fact out.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GaUSFBull said:

The moment that a reporter holds sway over a P5 conference and gets their local team into said P5 conference, then I'll become dissatisfied with the current Tampa-based USF coverage.  

I am not suggesting a reporter holds any sway about what they do.  What I am suggesting is that they dig for information (you know, reporting) about what is actually going on from sources on the ground, whether on the record or off.  Every, and I mean Every other paper has a reporter there trying to find out a scoop.  Orlando, Memphis, Cincinnati, Houston, Salt Lake, you name it.  We have no one doing that.  Thus, it is made to seem in the national media that USF is an after thought.  USF may be an after thought to the big 12...but is someone going to actually question Big 12 sources to find out for sure...so far it HASN'T happened. 

• Upvote 1