Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

What is the info? That there's no consensus on who to add? Shocker. If there was a consensus, someone would have been added. Here, I'll be Tampa reporter for you Tweeting the groundbreaking scoop he learned at the meetings.

Tweety McTweet Face@mctweets 15h15 hours ago

Rumor has it, the Big 12 is trying to find schools that will make the conference more $ in their next contract. Different schools have different ideas on how to make that work.

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

21 minutes ago, JTrue said:

What is the info? That there's no consensus on who to add? Shocker. If there was a consensus, someone would have been added. Here, I'll be Tampa reporter for you Tweeting the groundbreaking scoop he learned at the meetings.

Tweety McTweet Face@mctweets 15h15 hours ago

Rumor has it, the Big 12 is trying to find schools that will make the conference more $ in their next contract. Different schools have different ideas on how to make that work.

What about his article which quotes an actual SOURCE that the Big 12 could look to Florida by adding both USF and UCF.

That may be common knowledge, but it is real, tangible information from actual sources...something we're not getting from local reporters.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, BullsFanInTX said:

What about his article which quotes an actual SOURCE that the Big 12 could look to Florida by adding both USF and UCF.

That may be common knowledge, but it is real, tangible information from actual sources...something we're not getting from local reporters.

So his breaking news in the article was that the Big 12 could look to Florida during expansion. My bad. I didn't see the authors were Woodward and Bernstein on this one.

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

1 minute ago, BullsFanInTX said:

I think JTrue's point (correct me if I'm wrong) is he's wondering why do you want the Tampa reporters to report on what has been reported on elsewhere ad nauseum?  

You just said "The Big 12 could look to Florida by adding both USF and UCF" is common knowledge ... if that's true, why do you need the Tampa reporters to repeat this?  What good can come from that?

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,256
  • Days Won:  6

5 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

I think JTrue's point (correct me if I'm wrong) is he's wondering why do you want the Tampa reporters to report on what has been reported on elsewhere ad nauseum?  

You just said "The Big 12 could look to Florida by adding both USF and UCF" is common knowledge ... if that's true, why do you need the Tampa reporters to repeat this?  What good can come from that?

You guys are really out of touch, we don't need the reporter in Texas.  All the news will come from the Memphis president's twitter feed.  Try to keep up.

Edited by mark_my_words
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

1 minute ago, mark_my_words said:

You guys are really out of touch, we don't need the reported in Texas.  All the news will come from the Memphis presidents twitter feed.  Try to keep up.

No, it's the FedEx CEO's Twitter account.  I think you may have spent a bit too much time on Beale Street your last visit.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,871
  • Days Won:  25

4 minutes ago, mark_my_words said:

You guys are really out of touch, we don't need the reported in Texas.  All the news will come from the Memphis presidents twitter feed.  Try to keep up.

I thought Cincy was breaking the expansion news?

19 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

Because maybe local guys could actually dig for info as it relates to USF with follow up questions to the source that said B12 could expand into Florida.  Oh, I don't know, maybe with questions like "Are UCF and USF a definite pair, or can they be broken up?" or "How high up on the expansion list is USF?" or "How much contact have you had with USF?" or anything along those lines.  You may not get an on the record answer, but you will get an off the record response from an "unnamed source".      

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, JTrue said:

So his breaking news in the article was that the Big 12 could look to Florida during expansion. My bad. I didn't see the authors were Woodward and Bernstein on this one.

The breaking news was that came from a Big 12 source.  Previously, it had just been speculated upon.  Follow me here.

And by the way, on the record you're going to get the standard response "we're looking at all our options" but off the record, you may get much more detailed information.  IF IT IS ASKED.  Which it isn't by anyone locally.

Edited by BullsFanInTX

Just now, BullsFanInTX said:

The breaking news was that came from a Big 12 source.  Previously, it had just been speculated upon.  Follow me here.

Gotcha. Someone possibly connected to the Big 12 (but not necessarily) went anonymously on record and said the third largest state in the country, one with two of the top 10 largest schools in the nation, the state that produced 42 less 3/4/5 star prospects than Texas, despite having 7 million fewer people, and has two of the top 20 largest media markets, might be a place they'd consider expanding to...if the money was right.