3 minutes ago, BullsFanInTX said:

McClain is clearly better.  

True…relative to the one game. 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  741
  • Days Won:  4

20 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Why are you arguing about a guy who threw for 126 yards with 2 interceptions as if it makes ANY difference? 

It's only an argument because you tried to say they were equally bad (which was an opinion that seemed based off an incomplete viewing).

I then used actual stats showing they were not equal, and one was rated much higher than the other.  (Yes stats are for losers, but that's why we're here)

And now you seem to think I'm anointing McClain as a savior, or giving him a glowing review.  I'm not. I agree they both sucked.  But objectively one did a lot more than the other.

I was hoping our coach would see it that way too.  I can understand prioritizing ball security, but not at the expense of never moving the ball.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  19,659
  • Days Won:  255

17 minutes ago, Ghostbuster said:

It's only an argument because you tried to say they were equally bad (which was an opinion that seemed based off an incomplete viewing).

I then used actual stats showing they were not equal, and one was rated much higher than the other.  (Yes stats are for losers, but that's why we're here)

And now you seem to think I'm anointing McClain as a savior, or giving him a glowing review.  I'm not. I agree they both sucked.  But objectively one did a lot more than the other.

I was hoping our coach would see it that way too.  I can understand prioritizing ball security, but not at the expense of never moving the ball.

5DC79748-43B2-4A72-94B1-A281C76528C0.jpeg

Edited by puc86
  • Haha 1

• Topic Count:  150
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

14 minutes ago, Ghostbuster said:

Points win games. Neither did anything. One moved the ball a little and turned it over more. The other didn't move the ball and turned it over less. What's the difference in moving 20 yards and punting and moving 40 yards and turning it over? They both, objectively, sucked. Trying to figure out which one sucked less is something I don't really care about. If we start Cade next week or McClain, will it matter? Again, it isn't like McClain made this a slam dunk. If both suck, McClain is probably a better choice since he could get better. Fortin probably is what he is. Either way, it looks like both are going to play next week. Fortin isn't going to get demonstrably better in a week, so count on him getting pulled. McClain is still going to be a freshman and make freshman mistakes, so he'll get the hook at the half. I'm all for rolling with McClain, but not because he earned it last week.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  586
  • Content Count:  23,164
  • Days Won:  109

3 hours ago, Ghostbuster said:

Matt Floyd would like a word with you.

And yes you can absolutely dump someone if they are unable to move the ball against an unranked first string defense, and it was said person's first start in like 3 years.

The main reason to do the switch now though is because a mobile quarterback is how you compensate for not having a lot of offensive weapons.  I hate that we are doing this experiment again, with another coach trying to install a pocket passer, instead of using a system that works wonders in college ball.

I'm pretty sure the reason you aren't seeing the Miami trf at QB is because he is a pocket passer. Fortin, while not Quinton Flowers or Timmy McClain elusive, is a dual threat.  TM will eventually be our starter but he needs a bit more time in the system.  

Edited by CousinRicky

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  19,659
  • Days Won:  255

I’m just happy to have this much depth at the position this season and that for the first time it was so hard to pick a starter because they just all shined so well

• Haha 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  586
  • Content Count:  23,164
  • Days Won:  109

2 hours ago, Skingraft said:

It's a **** sandwich and we are all taking a bite. See you Saturday I'm sure man. Need to hit you up anyways.

That's right. I owe you some beers.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  741
  • Days Won:  4

12 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

I'm pretty sure the reason you aren't seeing the Miami trf at QB is because he is a pocket passer. Fortin, while not Quinton Flowers or Timmy McClain elusive, is a dual threat.  TM will eventually be our starter but he needs a bit more time in the system.  

Okay so I kinda get what you're saying.  They clearly had some designed runs with Fortin in there.  I just....idunno maybe I missed it but I never saw anything where I'm like "Yeah that guy's a dual threat".  Maybe I can give him the 'mobile' QB label, but he didn't seem speedy enough to be a running QB.

• Topic Count:  9,900
  • Content Count:  66,123
  • Days Won:  172

ride cade as long as you can

• Topic Count:  52
  • Content Count:  3,501
  • Days Won:  5

13 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

According to Scott on radio show

I wonder if Cade is like a former QB we had before where he’s litghs out in practice but has stage fright when it’s game time.?