Cade gets the start this week against UF

NewEnglandBull

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  2,137
  • Days Won:  1

It’s interesting to me how little talk there is about the apparent indecisiveness he has with deciding who will be QB1. It happened like every game last year (at least it seemed that way) and now again this year it seems like the same thing. 

I am the furthest thing from a football guy - just a fan. I just can’t imagine CJS didn’t see the spark and feel a difference when McClain was at the helm. Having said that I hope Fortin has a great game. 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

2 hours ago, Skingraft said:

So a super stiff, non-mobile QB against some of the best talent and speed from the state of Florida? What could go wrong?

Looks good in practice because our defense couldn't stop sperm if they were Goodyear tires.

Yeah...  I love reading about how the plays were there and Cade just needs to hit the open receiver. I've never heard:

If that guy could only field, he'd be a great shortstop.

If that guy could only shoot, he'd be a great shooting guard.

If that guy could paint, he'd be a great artist.

If that guy could cook, he'd be a great chef.

Throwing in the vicinity of a WR is kind of a big part of the job.

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Days Won:  2

I refuse to believe this team is as bad as we saw Thursday night.

With that said, we're still 2 years away to have a real game against a team like UF, but it's time for Cade to show out or step aside for McClain. 

Edited by BayIslandBull
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, jjlovecub said:

It’s interesting to me how little talk there is about the apparent indecisiveness he has with deciding who will be QB1. It happened like every game last year (at least it seemed that way) and now again this year it seems like the same thing. 

I am the furthest thing from a football guy - just a fan. I just can’t imagine CJS didn’t see the spark and feel a difference when McClain was at the helm. Having said that I hope Fortin has a great game. 

Cade put up nothing in 1/4 of the time McClain put up nothing. They both didn't get the job done. Pretending McClain grabbed the job last week ignores a whole lot of football. If you want to give it to him because he's a freshman and we're obviously fodder for the next year or two, that's legit. But, McClain didn't win anything last week.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  493
  • Content Count:  12,676
  • Days Won:  25

When the Oline and OC don’t have a clue…

Edited by BDYZR

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  741
  • Days Won:  4

3 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Cade put up nothing in 1/4 of the time McClain put up nothing. They both didn't get the job done. Pretending McClain grabbed the job last week ignores a whole lot of football. If you want to give it to him because he's a freshman and we're obviously fodder for the next year or two, that's legit. But, McClain didn't win anything last week.

This is true from a macro point of view, McClain got no points on the board...but if you look at in game stats 

Fortin had 41 yards passing

McClain had 126 yards passing

Fortin had a RTG of 42

McClain had a RTG of 104

McClain's turnovers were what ended his night, but that's something that can hopefully be worked on.  And while turnovers are a huge negative, you cannot ignore the other differences in-game, between the two.

McClain was an absolute spark and he's the guy that should be focused on going forward.  No reason to kick the tires on someone who can only be here for like 2 years anyways, unless they are undeniably better.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Ghostbuster said:

This is true from a macro point of view, McClain got no points on the board...but if you look at in game stats 

Fortin had 41 yards passing

McClain had 126 yards passing

Fortin had a RTG of 42

McClain had a RTG of 104

McClain's turnovers were what ended his night, but that's something that can hopefully be worked on.  And while turnovers are a huge negative, you cannot ignore the other differences in-game, between the two.

McClain was an absolute spark and he's the guy that should be focused on going forward.  No reason to kick the tires on someone who can only be here for like 2 years anyways, unless they are undeniably better.

So McClain had 3x the yards in 3x the minutes? And he got to pile up half of those yards against NC State's 2nd and 3rd team defense? Awesome. Again, I truly couldn't care less who starts this week, but McClain is faaaaaar from a slam dunk. 126 yards passing in 3 quarters is dogshit even by our standards.

2 is twice as good as 1. But it's still a 2.

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,871
  • Days Won:  25

3 minutes ago, JTrue said:

So McClain had 3x the yards in 3x the minutes? And he got to pile up half of those yards against NC State's 2nd and 3rd team defense? Awesome. Again, I truly couldn't care less who starts this week, but McClain is faaaaaar from a slam dunk. 126 yards passing in 3 quarters is dogshit even by our standards.

These are our standards…… now

1 minute ago, Roaming Bull said:

These are our standards…… now

If I only I was better looking, I could be a model. 

If only I was skinnier, I'd be less fat.

"The plays are there" is my favorite QB excuse... If you're 19-20 years old and can't hit an open receiver, that ship has sailed.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  741
  • Days Won:  4

10 minutes ago, JTrue said:

So McClain had 3x the yards in 3x the minutes? And he got to pile up half of those yards against NC State's 2nd and 3rd team defense? Awesome. 

Where do you get 3x the minutes?  

1st quarter - Fortin

2nd Qtr - McClain 

3rd Qtr - McClain then Fortin at very end 

4th Qtr - Fortin

Fortin had 7 more pass attempts, and he was in the game in the 4th quarter playing against the 2nd/3rd stringers you mentioned

Edited by Ghostbuster