Build a stadium on campus

Praktikal

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,119
  • Days Won:  14

10 minutes ago, michibull said:

This is the saddest part. I had good friends go to Michigan State (I know it’s one of the best and has a lot of history, but…), and that campus and experience is unbelievable. Even in the 90’s and early 00’s when they weren’t that good at football, students would wake up and tail gate/party before the games even if they didn’t have tickets. The campus is always alive and activities were happening everywhere. When I was going to USF in ‘06, there was always the talk of shedding the “commuter” school image; the OFS would go along way to changing that; it’s sad it’s taking so long because the campus is really nice and there is a lot of potential. The college experience is way more important than academics for any student. I also don’t want my kids going to USF because this, it really does matter. 

This is so true.  Our campus is beautiful, and it would be a great place to host real games and a "true" game day homecoming parade.

• Like 2

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  549
  • Days Won:  1

16 minutes ago, michibull said:

This is the saddest part. I had good friends go to Michigan State (I know it’s one of the best and has a lot of history, but…), and that campus and experience is unbelievable. Even in the 90’s and early 00’s when they weren’t that good at football, students would wake up and tail gate/party before the games even if they didn’t have tickets. The campus is always alive and activities were happening everywhere. When I was going to USF in ‘06, there was always the talk of shedding the “commuter” school image; the OFS would go along way to changing that; it’s sad it’s taking so long because the campus is really nice and there is a lot of potential. The college experience is way more important than academics for any student. I also don’t want my kids going to USF because this, it really does matter. 

Appreciate your POV as well - It just shows how many more people really see it this way and especially in this changing collegiate landscape, this all matters.

I can't speak to it, but I imagine it was different choosing to go to USF before the football program and Athletics became a big thing. Those academic Top 25's (which we're not even close to by their metric), don't hold the weight these days. Nowadays the school needs to evolve, and put up or shut up with the landscape. I hope USF can figure this all out by the time my little one gets old enough to make a decision, because I'd love for him to go here but there's no chance I'd put him through that here right now. I wouldn't want him to potentially regret it, unless he makes the decision to stick with the school like I did. 

It's a shame we haven't figured it out, because there's so much more we can do to really highlight this campus and make us a desirable school again.

Edited by MSBulls

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

10 minutes ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

This is so true.  Our campus is beautiful, and it would be a great place to host real games and a "true" game day homecoming parade.

People should just close their eyes until they get to the black fences 😂

• Topic Count:  493
  • Content Count:  12,678
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

This happened with my oldest daughter.  She was raised on USF games in a 100% USF household.  She took the tours, and the UCF tour blew ours away because of the focus on the stadium and game-day experience.  There was a game coming that weekend, and they were preparing their memory mall for the tailgating, etc.  USF couldn't offer that on the tour.  We had a way better team at the time, but the tour guide was trying to sell the "fun" of riding a bus to see the game at the glorious raymond james stadium that was only about 20 minutes away.  UCF was able to make the sale.  I think USF is a much better school academically, but we need to have that atmosphere on our campus for game weekends.

Ditto for mine AND my grandkids. Under no circumstances will USF ever have a gameday experience without a stadium. In fact when they were ZERO for the season my daughter told me it didn't matter, they still partied on the mall for gameday.

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  1,262
  • Days Won:  0

I'm against this. We need to close the football program down. Can't perform, been left in the dust by our competitors, no fan interest. Stop dumping money into a non starter. 

• Haha 2
  • ???? 1
  • Me no likey 2

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Too little too late. Now they’re scrambling to appease those of us who are fed up. 

WAIT DONT LEAVE WE ARE GOING TO BUILD A STADIUM NOW, WE PROMISE! 

Sorry USF, classic abusive relationship characteristics. 

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,068
  • Days Won:  20

17 minutes ago, Hem said:

Too little too late. Now they’re scrambling to appease those of us who are fed up. 

WAIT DONT LEAVE WE ARE GOING TO BUILD A STADIUM NOW, WE PROMISE! 

Sorry USF, classic abusive relationship characteristics. 

We can change! This time it will be different, we promise! 

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  2,401
  • Content Count:  21,566
  • Days Won:  10

They need to build one, they know it but the University leadership is scared.   Pull up your big white panties and just do it.

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,652
  • Days Won:  51

23 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I'm tired of this stupid stadium talk. I grew up in Miami and they NEVER had an on campus Stadium and still won many National titles. Hell their current stadium is like 30-45 min drive from campus. Ive worked security at UF football games as a student and the MAJORITY of people that went to the games were NOT students. Ray Jay is waaaaaaaaaay nicer than most college stadiums Ive been to and its ONLY 10 miles away from campus. Kids can uber or catch a lyft out there. At most USF should simply have a shuttle service. This has to be the most overated "need" that USF has. I promise you when I say most people, recruits, players or fans dont care about a stadium. Plus Ray Jay is a nice stadium. We just need to WIN GAMES period.

You can still Uber to the OCS from your house!  Assuming you don’t live on campus still at this point in your life

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  477
  • Days Won:  1

So I found something funny. My son (who is just now entering Middle School) is going to my old middle school. A couple years ago they tore it down and built a brand new school there. Currently they are doing the same to my High School where my son will attend and play football on a brand new turf field and stadium. Hopefully by the time he gets to college and plays at USF he may be playing in an OCS that did not exist when I went to USF. 

• Like 1