Build a stadium on campus

Praktikal

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  124
  • Content Count:  6,806
  • Days Won:  28

4 minutes ago, zarnozdabull said:

Imagine if UF had to play all of their games at Jax stadium instead of on campus. Superior stadium, no?
Gameday college feelings/experience/tailgates would not be the same. 
An OCS is long overdue and a MASSIVE necessity. 

Jacksonville Stadium is not less than 10 miles from UF's campus. 

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  549
  • Days Won:  1

10 hours ago, Gismo said:

USF has blown by UCF in prestige and academic ranking. 

USFs better academics is now being recognized by future students and their parents. A parent told me their son chose UCF because of his friends but she had hoped he would choose USF because it’s a better school. In reality it probably makes almost no difference except for certain technical majors, but USF is being recognized as the better academic institution. 

I actually have the opposite experience, I know a ton of people who did not choose USF and could care less for this reason and many ended up at UCF, UF, FSU now. They several were die hard USF raised as well. Getting a good education while having a fun campus culture and some school pride is certainly a better pull than what the hell we have had here recently. USF is loaded with international students which has totally changed the culture and level of school pride we have too. I cant stress enough as recently being on campus for 4 years - Our culture is **** and is a joke compared to basically everywhere else in the state, including FAU. We're not as desirable anymore. Without question UF, FSU, Miami, UCF are all more desirable right now to attend than us, and hopefully we're not all talk right now cause FAU will be coming soon if not. 

I'm included in this too, because I didn't choose USF because a better academic ranking. I didn't even care to look it up. I knew I could get a good degree in many places and unless I was getting that Ivy league degree/Stanford or Vandy, I'll make the most out of wherever I end up. When I hire people, I don't see a difference between a USF/UCF degree at all. There's not a big enough difference for me to see there if they'll be a good employee and great person. 

I'm a younger more recent grad in this generation, like who you are referencing is going to school now, or recently was in school, and not everyone feels the way this parent you mentioned you spoke with is saying. We have a group of about 30 of us, and most of the parents don't care or see any difference in the academics either. They are just making fun of us right now for constantly supporting a dumpster fire, and most of the younger siblings to people in our group all attend UCF now.

Congrats, we're ranked by a US News ranking outside the top 100 but better than that school across the state academically. They're not getting any donations, funding, returns to campus, or merch bought from me for any of that.

Edited by MSBulls

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,460
  • Days Won:  3

3 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

As a former USF student, I can tell you the 30 minute drive on gamedays from campus to RJ is more awful than it seems on paper. Especially when all you want to do is drink and party.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,119
  • Days Won:  14

6 minutes ago, MSBulls said:

I actually have the opposite experience, I know a ton of people who did not choose USF and could care less for this reason and many ended up at UCF, UF, FSU now. They several were die hard USF raised as well. Getting a good education while having a fun campus culture and some school pride is certainly a better pull than what the hell we have had here recently. USF is loaded with international students which has totally changed the culture and level of school pride we have too. We're not as desirable anymore. Without question UF, FSU, Miami, UCF are all more desirable right now to attend than us, and hopefully we're not all talk right now cause FAU will be coming soon if not. 

I'm included in this too, because I didn't choose USF because a better academic ranking. I didn't even care to look it up. I knew I could get a good degree in many places and unless I was getting that Ivy league degree/Stanford or Vandy, I'll make the most out of wherever I end up. When I hire people, I don't see a difference between a USF/UCF degree at all. There's not a big enough difference for me to see there if they'll be a good employee and great person. 

I'm a younger more recent grad in this generation, like who you are referencing is going to school now, or recently was in school, and not everyone feels the way this parent you mentioned you spoke with is saying. We have a group of about 30 of us, and most of the parents don't care or see any difference in the academics either. They are just making fun of us right now for constantly supporting a dumpster fire.

Congrats, we're ranked by a US News ranking outside the top 100 but better than that school across the state academically. They're not getting any donations, funding, returns to campus, or merch bought from me for any of that.

This happened with my oldest daughter.  She was raised on USF games in a 100% USF household.  She took the tours, and the UCF tour blew ours away because of the focus on the stadium and game-day experience.  There was a game coming that weekend, and they were preparing their memory mall for the tailgating, etc.  USF couldn't offer that on the tour.  We had a way better team at the time, but the tour guide was trying to sell the "fun" of riding a bus to see the game at the glorious raymond james stadium that was only about 20 minutes away.  UCF was able to make the sale.  I think USF is a much better school academically, but we need to have that atmosphere on our campus for game weekends.

• Topic Count:  124
  • Content Count:  6,806
  • Days Won:  28

5 minutes ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

This happened with my oldest daughter.  She was raised on USF games in a 100% USF household.  She took the tours, and the UCF tour blew ours away because of the focus on the stadium and game-day experience.  There was a game coming that weekend, and they were preparing their memory mall for the tailgating, etc.  USF couldn't offer that on the tour.  We had a way better team at the time, but the tour guide was trying to sell the "fun" of riding a bus to see the game at the glorious raymond james stadium that was only about 20 minutes away.  UCF was able to make the sale.  I think USF is a much better school academically, but we need to have that atmosphere on our campus for game weekends.

Your story definitely helps me understand it better. I get it now. I guess going to a school that had  an on campus stadium, I guess I don't really understand what its like to "not" have one. 

Edited by Gatorbull325

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

15 minutes ago, zarnozdabull said:

As a former USF student, I can tell you the 30 minute drive on gamedays from campus to RJ is more awful than it seems on paper. Especially when all you want to do is drink and party.

Not to mention what is around the USF campus. Every time I return to visit the USF campus Fletcher Ave looks worse and worse…Store box city with nothing but chain restaurants and empty buildings. A stadium would help “some” in revitalizing the area. 

21 minutes ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

Correct. Unless we want to keep getting people in who don't care to have any school pride and after they graduate do nothing but look up US News updated rankings every week (LOL) - We need to get with the times. This 'but we're better academically according to US News rankings' BS is getting old as hell the more this narrative tries to get shoved down peoples throat. There's barely if at all a difference, and if I'm contributing to that by not seeing a difference in the degree, then so be it. I've hired some **** good employees with UCF degrees over USF. 

FSU is ranking higher in academics but I don't see the difference between FSU and USF either when I hire. Who gives a crap. We just have zero pull compared to most others in this state right now, but don't worry it's a good thing we've become a massive hub for international students to come in, pay outrageous fees, get a degree, and mainly leave without following afterwards.

This is my one regret I have right now about choosing USF. They just don't get it, starting with campus life and culture. No one would EVER come to USF for a weekend, a party, to see friends. The USF kids always go everywhere else, including to Boca at FAU. It's embarrassing. If I wasn't raised here and going to games supporting the school, there is literally no way in hell I would have chosen to go here. It's just in my blood

Edited by MSBulls

15 minutes ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

I completely understand this and many of my other friends do as well. The only reason I chose to come here was because I was raised following this school, and remember going to the War on I-4 games as a kid hearing them call into 620 pregame on the way to the game made me hate them. There's literally no pull right now to come here over any of those other schools, and that's not exclusive to just needing an OCS. USF has so much to figure out. Judy was so **** complacent

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  11,243
  • Days Won:  68

59 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Neither is Ray Jay to the USF campus

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  1,014

34 minutes ago, MSBulls said:

This is my one regret I have right now about choosing USF. They just don't get it, starting with campus life and culture. No one would EVER come to USF for a weekend, a party, to see friends. The USF kids always go everywhere else, including to Boca at FAU. It's embarrassing. If I wasn't raised here and going to games supporting the school, there is literally no way in hell I would have chosen to go here. It's just in my blood

This is the saddest part. I had good friends go to Michigan State (I know it’s one of the best and has a lot of history, but…), and that campus and experience is unbelievable. Even in the 90’s and early 00’s when they weren’t that good at football, students would wake up and tail gate/party before the games even if they didn’t have tickets. The campus is always alive and activities were happening everywhere. When I was going to USF in ‘06, there was always the talk of shedding the “commuter” school image; the OFS would go along way to changing that; it’s sad it’s taking so long because the campus is really nice and there is a lot of potential. The college experience is way more important than academics for any student. I also don’t want my kids going to USF because this, it really does matter.