Build a stadium on campus

Praktikal

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

6 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Bruuuuuh, you never even answered my ORIGINAL question. Would you rather have 9 national titles or 0 national titles and a pretty stadium?  Answer that and I will entertain anymore questions you have my friend. 

Because your "original question" is irrelevant to the conversation.  We have 0 national titles and 0 P5 invites.   That second part is what we are talking about.  Maybe we can move our games to Fantasyland and then we can talk about 9 national titles

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  19,659
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, JTrue said:

Are there actual people who think an OCS is even a marginal possibility in the next 20 years? I just sort of assumed everyone rolled their eyes when he said it knowing he’s just blowing smoke to try and get some of the fan base off the ledge.

Apparently, I’m as shocked as anyone and apparently living in reality is now negative. He could have at least said they have raised $20 so far which they immediately invested in power ball tickets. That may not be the best plan but at least it’s a plan which beats the hell out of glittering generalities.

• Topic Count:  150
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Just now, puc86 said:

Apparently, I’m as shocked as anyone and apparently living in reality is now negative. He could have at least said they have raised $20 so far which they immediately invested in power ball tickets. That may not be the best plan but at least it’s a plan which beats the hell out of glittering generalities.

Scratch offs probably get you better odds. Like how nickel slots hit more often than $.25 slots.

2 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I’m not moving the goal posts they set the goal post for construction at fully funded.

Was that part of today's announcement/comment?  I have no idea.  But the discussion as I see it is about getting us into a position to be invited to the big boys table.  If you want to start talking logistics around building an OCS, then that is another discussion aka moving the goal posts.   But what ever we do it starts with a commitment.   You've been downplaying ucf's chances of getting a call up for awhile and it appears they are getting it (man it would be awesome if it fell through) and the building of the OCS is part of the reason they are favored to get that call.

• Topic Count:  124
  • Content Count:  6,804
  • Days Won:  28

1 minute ago, chapelbull said:

Because your "original question" is irrelevant to the conversation.  We have 0 national titles and 0 P5 invites.   That second part is what we are talking about.  Maybe we can move our games to Fantasyland and then we can talk about 9 national titles

Building a Stadium and winning a national title are BOTH "hypothetical" things USF has  NOT accomplished. So my hypothetical question is would you rather win national titles and use Ray Jay or win NOTHING and have an on campus stadium? Please utilize your "reading comprehension skills" when answering this question. 

Just now, JTrue said:

Scratch offs probably get you better odds. Like how nickel slots hit more often than $.25 slots.

I would hate to waste our one chance on a flyer, I’m glad I ran it past you before running with it 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,427
  • Content Count:  98,351
  • Days Won:  490

1 hour ago, Rocky Style said:

I am out of upvotes :(

1 hour ago, Rocky Style said:

I am out of downvotes, so I can't downvote you.  

https://www.thebullspen.com/membersshop/view/5-reaction-pack-50/

Go there and buy some reactions with the points you get for posting...it's our own Bulls ecosphere

6 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Are there actual people who think an OCS is even a marginal possibility in the next 20 years? I just sort of assumed everyone rolled their eyes when he said it knowing he’s just blowing smoke to try and get some of the fan base off the ledge.

They have to start the discussion somewhere and sometime.  It may be a pipe dream, but it is starting to look more and more like it is one of the few life lines left for us to relevance in College Football.   Maybe we don't need an OCS for that or maybe we don't need to be relevant in College Football.  I'm fine either way

1 minute ago, chapelbull said:

Was that part of today's announcement/comment?  I have no idea.  But the discussion as I see it is about getting us into a position to be invited to the big boys table.  If you want to start talking logistics around building an OCS, then that is another discussion aka moving the goal posts.   But what ever we do it starts with a commitment.   You've been downplaying ucf's chances of getting a call up for awhile and it appears they are getting it (man it would be awesome if it fell through) and the building of the OCS is part of the reason they are favored to get that call.

They have announced at every step of the IPF that the laws changed and they needed full funding by private investing. They then had a ground breaking today for a structure that is roughly half of the IPF plan because it is that part fully funded. They then said oh but don’t worry about all of our failings, that we can’t buy a win, make horrible hires, took 10 years to build have an IPF, still don’t have the other half and probably never will, UCF it turns out isn’t a package deal with us and they are moving on without us, because we are going to build an OCS at some point with some idea we haven’t came up with and this is a totally real idea that we didn’t just throw against the wall because we are miserable failures that all should be fired and we thought you would clap harder and not think about reality.

2 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Building a Stadium and winning a national title are BOTH "hypothetical" things USF has  NOT accomplished. So my hypothetical question is would you rather win national titles and use Ray Jay or win NOTHING and have an on campus stadium? Please utilize your "reading comprehension skills" when answering this question. 

You want to start being dooshy I can roll with that with the best of them.  My reading comprehension skills are just fine bruuuuhhhhhh.   This whole discussion revolves around getting the invite to the P5 table.  Now have someone read this to you so you can understand.   You changed that narrative so you could fire off a lame ass reference to the U that no one cares about.    It doesn't matter what I WANT it is what we have and what we do going forward that will make or break our shot at getting that invite.   I would have loved to won 9 national titles in our first 9 years of existence, but we didn't.  I would love to be in a P5 conference, but we aren't.  This discussion is about getting to where we want to be not wishing upon a star for what we WANT (albeit getting an OCS may actually be wishing upon a star)