Build a stadium on campus

Praktikal

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  19,656
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, chapelbull said:

We did and when the Jim left and the losing started more often than not, it evaporated.   See my other post for a little more elaboration, but this seems to be a situation that needs to be addressed immediately and beating big time teams and being ranked in the Top 10 seems a long way off.  Not only that, is it a sustainable way to build a fan base in a fickle market.  I don't know

But if they have told the truth and it needs to be fully funded do you honestly think that’s an easier path to excitement than beating top 10 teams? I see no way we get to fully funded in the next 75 years if this is what we are selling people on. And if it is possible to do it without full funding why haven’t they done something about the ipf in a more timely fashion or build it as it was supposed to be?

• Topic Count:  124
  • Content Count:  6,804
  • Days Won:  28

Just now, chapelbull said:

How about this for a game ..... how many decades/lifetimes do you think it is going to take for us to win a National Title in the current CFP format?  I guess we could go down to D-3 and give that a shot

Bruuuuuh, you never even answered my ORIGINAL question. Would you rather have 9 national titles or 0 national titles and a pretty stadium?  Answer that and I will entertain anymore questions you have my friend. 

1 minute ago, chapelbull said:

How about this for a game ..... how many decades/lifetimes do you think it is going to take for us to win a National Title in the current CFP format?  I guess we could go down to D-3 and give that a shot

Now do fully funding a stadium, this game is fun

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

I agree with most all of this except that the quickest and most realized way to spark fandom would be doing whatever we can to win and stop getting waxed every week, 

Well of course, but that isn't happening.  Even if we run the table in the AAC this season it still isn't going to do anything crazy exciting to get us the kind of attention we need.   I guess it depends on exactly the amount of time we actually have, but if we are planning on "winning" our way into contention we are probably 3-4 years away and that means we start winning now

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  856
  • Days Won:  1

44 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

I was there to hear him say it. Was I surprised? You betcha. There was a polite golf clap from the donors there that have been bled to death already. Wouldn't hold my breath on this.

@CousinRicky was Matt Baker actually there in the audience with us? I didn't see him. I haven't seen him or Joey in person in a very long time. I figured when they mentioned the press it was some 18 year old unpaid intern who writes for the USF Onion or something.

Well of course, but that isn't happening.  Even if we run the table in the AAC this season it still isn't going to do anything crazy exciting to get us the kind of attention we need.   I guess it depends on exactly the amount of time we actually have, but if we are planning on "winning" our way into contention we are probably 3-4 years away and that means we start winning now

Let’s go with the cheapest building in today’s climate, how long does it take to get us to $150 million raised and earmarked for an OCS?

Just now, puc86 said:

Now do fully funding a stadium, this game is fun

Stop moving the goal posts.   I didn't bring up National Titles.  The point is that I don't care how many UM won in the Orange Bowl, that has nothing to do with us rallying the troops to get an invite to the big boy table.  Showing the commitment to the program by breaking ground on the IPF, announcing a plan to build an OCS, start playing decent football, etc. may do it.   WE'RE NOT WINNING ANY NATIONAL TITLES IN THE NEXT 3 YEARS

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

Let’s go with the cheapest building in today’s climate, how long does it take to get us to $150 million raised and earmarked for an OCS?

No idea.  Not my problem.  How many posts on a message board does it take to get the right coach hired to win an FBS game let alone a National Title?

If it's not possible, then I guess we hope and pray our way to the big boys table or we languish where we are for eternity or until we get relegated to FCS

• Topic Count:  150
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Just now, puc86 said:

Are there actual people who think an OCS is even a marginal possibility in the next 20 years? I just sort of assumed everyone rolled their eyes when he said it knowing he’s just blowing smoke to try and get some of the fan base off the ledge.

Stop moving the goal posts.   I didn't bring up National Titles.  The point is that I don't care how many UM won in the Orange Bowl, that has nothing to do with us rallying the troops to get an invite to the big boy table.  Showing the commitment to the program by breaking ground on the IPF, announcing a plan to build an OCS, start playing decent football, etc. may do it.   WE'RE NOT WINNING ANY NATIONAL TITLES IN THE NEXT 3 YEARS

I’m not moving the goal posts they set the goal post for construction at fully funded. If we are three years deep into the project and have raised $5million of the $150 million necessary to begin construction that’s not happening in my lifetime and that’s not getting anyone excited for anything or into anywhere. And if things have changed on this they had the perfect opportunity to demonstrate it today but they just went as is while throwing out random words that aren’t plans.