Build a stadium on campus

Praktikal

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  296
  • Content Count:  6,932
  • Days Won:  22

Maybe just maybe the Big12 said this must be done before we add the next 4 in 2025.  Maybe that’s why all these announcements are happening. I don’t see USF announcing or building and OCS without the Big12 asking for one.

If that’s the case that changes how USF has been operating and getting people to give money to build it

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  586
  • Content Count:  23,164
  • Days Won:  109

11 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

According to VPMK it was fully funded. Which I assume means an OCS will have to be fully funded, which means my old butt will never see it.

They also said that it had to be private funding if I can remember back 2 hours.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  19,659
  • Days Won:  255

3 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

The past is the past. We can't change. The absolute ONLY thing that can come from the past is learning from those mistakes. Let's hope lessons have been learned.

I’m talking about today the project that broke ground is the project that has been paid for and not what was originally planned. If anything changes beyond talking points that would have been reflected in the actual project that’s being worked on.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  586
  • Content Count:  23,164
  • Days Won:  109

Just now, Cubanbull said:

Maybe just maybe the Big12 said this must be done before we add the next 4 in 2025.  Maybe that’s why all these announcements are happening. I don’t see USF announcing or building and OCS without the Big12 asking for one.

If that’s the case that changes how USF has been operating and getting people to give money to build it

Wasn't it the Big East that asked for all the upgrades to baseball, basketball and other non football sports facilities. We did that at the time and I don't see the BE anywhere around helping us out.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  549
  • Days Won:  1

My wife and I have a thing where everywhere we go we try and see different campuses and stadiums throughout the country. Last week we went to Wake Forest the day after NC State. This area of their stadium we absolutely LOVED. Would be a neat idea for the end zone opposite the student section in an OCS for us. We like NC States stadium more, but the area at Wake Forest was the only thing it had on them. 

I save all my stock tickets for each campus/stadium visited and save all the photos from the experience there. Debating one day to put it together in a CFB guide or something but we'll see. We've witnessed a ton of cool traditions, promotional ideas, and ways to generate student involvement over the years. Specifically for Wake Forest, at their home opener each game they have the Freshman lead the team out of the tunnel and run into the endzone for the seasons first touchdown. Every home game after that they do Sophomores, Juniors, Seniors. It was pretty awesome to see happen. 

WF1.jpg

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

Baylor plays 2 miles from campus while we play 8 at what mileage do you think they begin to care about something that has no impact on the money they will bring in?

• Topic Count:  296
  • Content Count:  6,932
  • Days Won:  22

Just now, puc86 said:

Baylor plays 2 miles from campus while we play 8 at what mileage do you think they begin to care about something that has no impact on the money they will bring in?

Baylor owns their stadium we do not. Man you must either get paid per post or love to read your posts.

Im done on this topic, think whatever you want to think, obviously you are just going to throw a wet towel on any hint of positivity on this board.

Just now, Cubanbull said:

Baylor owns their stadium we do not. Man you must either get paid per post or love to read your posts.

Im done on this topic, think whatever you want to think, obviously you are just going to throw a wet towel on any hint of positivity on this board.

Why would a conference care who owns their own stadium? If the NFL took that approach there would be roughly 3 teams. I am sorry that I think things that are more practical and can be taken care of today are of greater importance than saying you are going to do something you have repeatedly said you can’t do and with no context of how it can now happen. 

• Topic Count:  124
  • Content Count:  6,804
  • Days Won:  28

54 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

Exactly, because their "culture" was built on winning championships not an intrinsic, cultivated love for the program/school

They won 9 NATIONAL TITLES w/o a on campus Stadium and competing with a popular NFL team. 

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,328
  • Days Won:  1

8 minutes ago, puc86 said:

She has been long enough that we wouldn’t have waited this long to then partially build an inferior project than what was proposed. If there was a new way and a change of heart beyond lip service to mask their failings they would have shown that they were building the whole IPF and football facility despite only having half the funding but that’s not what happened. They moved forward with what has been fully funded to date.

It may very well be lip service, but hell it's good news no matter how hard you try to spin it to a negative.