Build a stadium on campus

Praktikal

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  124
  • Content Count:  6,806
  • Days Won:  28

21 minutes ago, I like GOOOOLD (and green) said:

If you have to cite the exceptions then you’re fighting a losing battle.  Also, Miami is kind of in trouble, they’ve been in a long fade.  Just Google them, it’s not a good time to be a Hurricane.  

Miami NEVER had an on campus Stadium. So when they were WINNING the stadium had no effect which was my argument. 

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  19,662
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, BDYZR said:

According to VPMK it was fully funded. Which I assume means an OCS will have to be fully funded, which means my old butt will never see it.

I mean that’s the way I see it from what they have said and at our current run rate we should be able to break ground at exactly never as our funding in the roughly 60 years it would take to raise the current price would be roughly half way to the new cost of the stadium at that point. So maybe just maybe we should worry about thing that will actually improve things during the time the people on staff will actually still be on staff. If we improve those things instead of focusing on all of the reasons we can’t win maybe just maybe people may actually give at a higher run rate and make some of these ideas possible in our lifetimes.

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

25 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

I agree - I have to respectfully disagree with the Miami comparisons.  We are not Miami.  We are not an established national brand (that granted is waning).

What's the alternative though?  Quit?  Get relegated to oblivion?  Would we still rent Ray Jay for a Sun Belt game?  

Playing in RayJay is like trying to jog in shoes that are to 3 sizes to big for you..just never fit right, dont look right and your feet wont grow enough to fill them.. 

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,328
  • Days Won:  1

4 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I mean it was a stated fact by those in power that they could only build what was fully funded due to changes in the laws so if there was another option and that wasn’t actual requirement why didn’t they employ it instead of saying that? Either they were lying then or they are lying now but either way it’s mostly because they demonstrate that they are incompetent and have no plan or actual vision at every turn. It’s not negative to point out they are just throwing darts in the dark when they make it pretty abundantly clear.

Or maybe they are starting to bend the rules and/or work in the gray area as most athletic departments/universities tend to do.

Just now, Bull Nut said:

Or maybe they are starting to bend the rules and/or work in the gray area as most athletic departments/universities tend to do.

Then why the **** didn’t they just do that years ago instead of crying about how they can’t win because they don’t have an IPF?

• Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  2,503
  • Days Won:  0

4 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I mean it was a stated fact by those in power that they could only build what was fully funded due to changes in the laws so if there was another option and that wasn’t actual requirement why didn’t they employ it instead of saying that? Either they were lying then or they are lying now but either way it’s mostly because they demonstrate that they are incompetent and have no plan or actual vision at every turn. It’s not negative to point out they are just throwing darts in the dark when they make it pretty abundantly clear.

Incompetent and reactionary.

If they had a plan they would have released it. They wouldn't tweet that a plan will be announced.

I imagine they will wait a few weeks and then announce a delay while they repurpose those feasibility studies into a plan.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  586
  • Content Count:  23,166
  • Days Won:  109

1 hour ago, Brad said:

I was there to hear him say it. Was I surprised? You betcha. There was a polite golf clap from the donors there that have been bled to death already. Wouldn't hold my breath on this.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,328
  • Days Won:  1

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

Then why the **** didn’t they just do that years ago instead of crying about how they can’t win because they don’t have an IPF?

Judy

• Topic Count:  493
  • Content Count:  12,677
  • Days Won:  25

Just now, puc86 said:

The past is the past. We can't change. The absolute ONLY thing that can come from the past is learning from those mistakes. Let's hope lessons have been learned.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Bull Nut said:

Judy

She has been long enough that we wouldn’t have waited this long to then partially build an inferior project than what was proposed. If there was a new way and a change of heart beyond lip service to mask their failings they would have shown that they were building the whole IPF and football facility despite only having half the funding but that’s not what happened. They moved forward with what has been fully funded to date.