Build a stadium on campus

Praktikal

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

4 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I thought we couldn’t build the IPF because we couldn’t borrow the money and had to be fully funded 

That’s kind of what I thought I read somewhere. 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  2,503
  • Days Won:  0

10 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

I think is more than for the fans. Every time that I asked about an OCS, I always got the reply RJS is fine BUT if we ever need to build an OCS to move up it will be built. This if they follow thru is a big signal to Big12 and maybe something that it was discussed with them.

Yeah that is why I'm saying its 15 years too late. They are just figuring out now they need an OCS.

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  22,762
  • Days Won:  53

6 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

Exactly, because their "culture" was built on winning championships not an intrinsic, cultivated love for the program/school

I agree - I have to respectfully disagree with the Miami comparisons.  We are not Miami.  We are not an established national brand (that granted is waning).

Just now, USFBULL_08 said:

Yeah that is why I'm saying its 15 years too late. They are just figuring out now they need an OCS.

What's the alternative though?  Quit?  Get relegated to oblivion?  Would we still rent Ray Jay for a Sun Belt game?  

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

That’s kind of what I thought I read somewhere. 

If this is true, we will never see an OCS. No way USF athletics will ever have $150,000,000 cash laying around.

• Topic Count:  296
  • Content Count:  6,932
  • Days Won:  22

8 minutes ago, Fold FB Invest in BB said:

If this is true, we will never see an OCS. No way USF athletics will ever have $150,000,000 cash laying around.

You don’t need 150 million cash

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  19,662
  • Days Won:  255

5 minutes ago, Fold FB Invest in BB said:

If it’s not true your stated reason makes it less objectionable but also begs the question why we waited for forever for the ipf if we thought it was honestly holding us back but if it is true it makes it more smoke screens and mirrors to try to kick down the road why we can’t ever improve anything in a timely fashion. I am still of the belief an OCS has never won anyone a single game, and I’m more concerned about that problem at the moment.

1 minute ago, Cubanbull said:

You don’t need 150 million cash

Then how much do you need and why could we start the IPF for 10 years?

• Topic Count:  296
  • Content Count:  6,932
  • Days Won:  22

2 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Then how much do you need and why could we start the IPF for 10 years?

If I had all the answers I wouldn’t be here answering your posts. But things change and  don’t know what is happening behind the scenes.

But hey I know some of you on this board just want to always think negatively and wallow in despair

Just now, Cubanbull said:

If I had all the answers I wouldn’t be here answering your posts. But things change and  don’t know what is happening behind the scenes.

But hey I know some of you on this board just want to always think negatively and wallow in despair

I mean it was a stated fact by those in power that they could only build what was fully funded due to changes in the laws so if there was another option and that wasn’t actual requirement why didn’t they employ it instead of saying that? Either they were lying then or they are lying now but either way it’s mostly because they demonstrate that they are incompetent and have no plan or actual vision at every turn. It’s not negative to point out they are just throwing darts in the dark when they make it pretty abundantly clear.

• Topic Count:  493
  • Content Count:  12,676
  • Days Won:  25

27 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I thought we couldn’t build the IPF because we couldn’t borrow the money and had to be fully funded 

According to VPMK it was fully funded. Which I assume means an OCS will have to be fully funded, which means my old butt will never see it.