MBB AAC Tourney Rd 2 Game Discussion: Bulls vs Wichita State (Mar 12) 12 pm TV: ESPN2

Triple B

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

What about the free throws?

What about handling a full court press?

What about keeping a lead late in the game?

What about having consistent offensive presence of the shot clock?

What about having an offensive flow in the last 2 min of a game?

Sure hope we have players who can address this as I don’t think the coaching staff knows how. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

Oh no....Next Year AGAIN??  CBG had a very good 1st half game plan. We took it right at them and out ran, out shot( and actually hit buckets) and out hustled them. I don't think Wichita was ready for that from us. Then with a healthy lead at the half we came out and went back to the sameo game plan. They then went after us and made us look like our previous games-slow, cold. We have a good bench so keep the pace up-attack. Durr had a good game but 3 diff times he didnt hustle back to play D, his man scored under the basket. End of the game? Of course it was the old Collins goes hell bent for the basket to draw the foul or...he gets stuffed trying to go through 3 guys. End of game. I think Wichita was ready for that...been there done that/seen that.  Oh well.....if it weren't for disappointments I'd have no appointments at all. But--High Point  The Women's Championship run..very nice. Watching women's basketball takes place only when USF is playing-sometimes. It is pretty helter skelter at times kinda like watching an ant farm after dropping some bait in. But, some of those women are very good and have some impressive skills. Maybe having a AAC trophy in house will be the catalyst for the men's 🏈🏀 teams. ?? 

• Topic Count:  9,900
  • Content Count:  66,123
  • Days Won:  172

we dont have the talent

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  11,207
  • Days Won:  68

14 minutes ago, smazza said:

we dont have the talent

Captain Obvious GIF by memecandy

Guest Jonesy Bull
4 hours ago, BulledOver said:

Oh no....Next Year AGAIN??  CBG had a very good 1st half game plan. We took it right at them and out ran, out shot( and actually hit buckets) and out hustled them. I don't think Wichita was ready for that from us. Then with a healthy lead at the half we came out and went back to the sameo game plan. They then went after us and made us look like our previous games-slow, cold. We have a good bench so keep the pace up-attack. Durr had a good game but 3 diff times he didnt hustle back to play D, his man scored under the basket. End of the game? Of course it was the old Collins goes hell bent for the basket to draw the foul or...he gets stuffed trying to go through 3 guys. End of game. I think Wichita was ready for that...been there done that/seen that.  Oh well.....if it weren't for disappointments I'd have no appointments at all. But--High Point  The Women's Championship run..very nice. Watching women's basketball takes place only when USF is playing-sometimes. It is pretty helter skelter at times kinda like watching an ant farm after dropping some bait in. But, some of those women are very good and have some impressive skills. Maybe having a AAC trophy in house will be the catalyst for the men's 🏈🏀 teams. ?? 

Durr looked pretty good in this game overall, I thought.  Another year of development, he shows signs of being a pretty good player in the Post next year.

I really like Castaneda.  Now that he has some experience under his belt, I'd like to see him get a shot at the 1st team Point Guard.  I think is a smarter player and is a much better free throw shooter.

Murphy, Brown, and Chaplin should only get better.  They all had really good contributions in this game.  The Well is not completely dry, and I think next year will be better.

To see the Women beat ucf in the Championship is the highlight of my USF sporta experience this year.  I'm not a big Womens BB fan, but am an all USF fan.  Not a whole lot else to pick from this year. 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

11 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

What about the free throws?

What about handling a full court press?

What about keeping a lead late in the game?

What about having consistent offensive presence of the shot clock?

What about having an offensive flow in the last 2 min of a game?

Sure hope we have players who can address this as I don’t think the coaching staff knows how. 

Doesn't every one of these questions go back to a lack of a quality PG?   I'm not exactly sure what CBG is supposed to do when no one on the team handles the ball worth a ****.  That could be a recruiting issue I guess.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

36 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

Doesn't every one of these questions go back to a lack of a quality PG?   I'm not exactly sure what CBG is supposed to do when no one on the team handles the ball worth a ****.  That could be a recruiting issue I guess.

Yes, most certainly a recruiting issue. I would also say that the FT issue can be shared with other positions as well. The best improvement in this area has been Durr in my opinion. 

Guest Jonesy Bull
7 hours ago, chapelbull said:

Yeah pretty much.  Or at least a consistent one that can handle the ball in pressure situations, make good decisions, and hit free throws.  I think we have a better PG on this team already that can be slotted in for next year, just needs to be given a chance.  Plus we got the new guy coming in who is suppose to be quality. 

It made some sense to have Collins in that spot this year as the Senior guy.  You would have thought that he would have grown out of the same mistakes.  But enough is enough.  No mas!

Edited by Jonesy Bull

• Topic Count:  374
  • Content Count:  4,308
  • Days Won:  56

I’m grateful to DC for his career at USF, but I’ve seen enough of him at this point. Would like to see Brown return next year. And what to do about Yetna? Will he always be a shadow of the player we saw two years ago? What a shame, but absolutely par for the course when it comes to USF basketball. We find a guy who looks like he may develop into an all-conference talent and . . . 

The most important basketball senior that needs to be talked into returning is Betye Mununga.

Edited by Dave_Glaser

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  11,207
  • Days Won:  68

1 hour ago, Dave Glaser said:

I’m grateful to DC for his career at USF, but I’ve seen enough of him at this point. Would like to see Brown return next year. And what to do about Yetna? Will he always be a shadow of the player we saw two years ago? What a shame, but absolutely par for the course when it comes to USF basketball. We find a guy who looks like he may develop into an all-conference talent and . . . 

The most important basketball senior that needs to be talked into returning is Betye Mununga.

I think we all have the same sentiment when it comes to DC, I can’t watch another late out of control drive in the lane, even when bailed out with a foul he can’t shoot free throws anyways, enough is enough.  I can’t figure out why they don’t keep running the offense and instead rely on this garbage during crunch time.  I blame CBG, he is either calling for this or is letting it happen, I would simply sit his ass and let X run the offense.

• Upvote 1