i hear the orlando school is trying to poach

smazza

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,639
  • Content Count:  75,712
  • Days Won:  436

25 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

He has a history with the guy and offered him a promo over his current position, we are not really much of a rival to anyone anyways and doubt this was a major factor in his decision.  I don’t think it is a big deal one way or the other.  

Malzahn's been in the business long enough to have a history with a ton of guys he could pick for an oc. Big deal or no big deal ............ **** move.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

9 hours ago, Triple B said:

Malzahn's been in the business long enough to have a history with a ton of guys he could pick for an oc. Big deal or no big deal ............ **** move.

I still don't understand why it's a **** move?

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  11,132
  • Days Won:  67

39 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

I still don't understand why it's a **** move?

It isn’t however trips is stubborn and doesn’t like to admit when he is wrong, happens with age.  

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

Its a **** move if the motivations were primarily to screw with USF.  No way to really know that for sure but its possible that there is a better candidate available and he chose Bentely due to his USF connections. . I for one couldn't care less about Trips thinking its a **** move and Gus is a ****.  That ship sailed for me when he put on the black and gold. 

Edited by BrassBulls12

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

16 hours ago, Peatearpan said:

It says he is still leaning towards USF. Why would he tie his destiny to a retread HC in Orlando, when he could get in on that new hotness in Tampa? I feel like they contacted him, and this is a non-story being blown up to further the rivalry.

I hope he comes to USF, and we win by one from a TE touchdown in the waning seconds.

"Always good to be wanted"  Eh, not so good if there is a reward and a picture on the wanted sign....

12 hours ago, Sk00b said:

He will end up at UCF.

You have CJS who by all reports..mystical and real, is an up and comer. This past season didn't provide any glimpses into our alleged winning ways. But the other place by disney world didn't have a gang buster season and were humiliated in their bowl game. Plus, they were on a down trend as is their new coach. So, $$$$ could be the decider? OC could be the decider? Stadium? Practice Facilities? One thing this should tell USF....better watch out for old Gus he may be out to make a statement and prove a point. He may have bought in to the concept of....stomp USF into the ground-humiliate them. Thanksgiving will be very interesting this coming season...                               Now, if we end up sucking this season?? He can take them all over to sinkhole world. 

12 hours ago, jchem1995 said:

Good post Pete 

The pic of Gus says a lot. The mask is for the plague but....his looks like a guy getting ready to go in and holdup a bank 

• Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

1 hour ago, BrassBulls12 said:

Its a **** move if the motivations were primarily to screw with USF.  No way to really know that for sure but its possible that there is a better candidate available and he chose Bentely due to his USF connections. . I for one couldn't care less about Trips thinking its a **** move and Gus is a ****.  That ship sailed for me when he put on the black and gold. 

Why would he hire an OC just to screw with us?    I don't get how that makes sense.  I guess it could be a side benefit and if he thought it would help with the boosters maybe?

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

12 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

Why would he hire an OC just to screw with us?    I don't get how that makes sense.  I guess it could be a side benefit and if he thought it would help with the boosters maybe?

In the traditional sense, it doesn't. But, he is hiring him to coach the things that he does best so the theory has some legs that he would have chosen the lesser candidate because it was a spot he could easily micro manage. I don't think its the case, though I think also gus's name power and their recent run of success could have landed a better CO-OC candidate. 

Edited by BrassBulls12

• Content Count:  490
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, chapelbull said:

In separate interviews with questions about our conference there’s been no mention of any other teams but Cincinnati.  I don’t think he either knows about the rivalry or maybe cares enough to steal a coach.  It’s probably a former relationship and like was mentioned already he filed the spot with the guy from Miami so Bentley is safe for now.