i hear the orlando school is trying to poach

smazza

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Content Count:  3,536
  • Days Won:  5

3 hours ago, Peatearpan said:

It says he is still leaning towards USF. Why would he tie his destiny to a retread HC in Orlando, when he could get in on that new hotness in Tampa? I feel like they contacted him, and this is a non-story being blown up to further the rivalry.

I hope he comes to USF, and we win by one from a TE touchdown in the waning seconds.

Good post Pete 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

3 hours ago, puc86 said:

If he has an executed contract the only duty he owes us is whatever the outs clause spells out and if he doesn’t have an executed contract he owes us absolutely nothing. The right thing to do is to take whatever offer you believe for whatever reason is in your best interest as we would do the same thing if a better option came along the day after he signed (pretending we had silly things like money that could make that possible).

It doesn't sound like there is an executed contract since he reportedly has to wait until May to accept the position

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

Whether Bentley goes there or here, what a **** move by Malzahn ...... He'll fit in perfectly over there.

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

Make whatever excuses you'd like to take another shot at USF, it's still a **** move ....

I don't get why it is a **** move?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  3,767
  • Days Won:  3

He will end up at UCF.

• Topic Count:  149
  • Content Count:  19,947
  • Days Won:  255

35 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

It doesn't sound like there is an executed contract since he reportedly has to wait until May to accept the position

I don’t think he has a noncompete I think he has a guaranteed salary until that date and as it is higher than what we are going to offer he is going to wait, which of course leaves his options open as he continues to make money. If it was more important to us and we were more concerned about losing him we would pay him the remainder of his contract as a signing bonus to sign now and have part of his buyout tied to refunding the bonus. 

Just now, puc86 said:

I don’t think he has a noncompete I think he has a guaranteed salary until that date and as it is higher than what we are going to offer he is going to wait, which of course leaves his options open as he continues to make money. If it was more important to us and we were more concerned about losing him we would pay him the remainder of his contract as a signing bonus to sign now and have part of his buyout tied to refunding the bonus. 

Someone posted that it had to do with him becoming "vested".   I assume they mean the South Carolina government pension plan, but I'm just speculating based on what I saw posted here

1 minute ago, chapelbull said:

Someone posted that it had to do with him becoming "vested".   I assume they mean the South Carolina government pension plan, but I'm just speculating based on what I saw posted here

Ya we certainly can’t offer that type of money then but still you can’t be shocked if people leave for a better opportunity especially if they do so before they even work for you.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,642
  • Content Count:  76,265
  • Days Won:  438

1 hour ago, Friscobull said:

The assistant coach code of ethics is it is always ok to leave for a better job.  A OC trumps a positions coach.  Not a **** move but a smart move, go get more money if it is available.  In that industry it is better to **** schools before they **** you, proactive ******* is encouraged and not frowned upon.  

I'll point out to you like I had to to puc .... The **** move isn't by Bentley if he accepts.

And just so I'm clear, saying it's a **** move doesn't it's not a smart move. ******* with your Rival's coaching staff while they're trying to build a foundation is a nice strategy .................. but still a **** move.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  11,416
  • Days Won:  69

9 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I'll point out to you like I had to to puc .... The **** move isn't by Bentley if he accepts.

And just so I'm clear, saying it's a **** move doesn't it's not a smart move. ******* with your Rival's coaching staff while they're trying to build a foundation is a nice strategy .................. but still a **** move.

He has a history with the guy and offered him a promo over his current position, we are not really much of a rival to anyone anyways and doubt this was a major factor in his decision.  I don’t think it is a big deal one way or the other.  

26 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I think the problem is with the new ad and hc they do not understand the dynamics of a package deal, once they get done laughing at the idea I am sure they will come to understand that you just don’t do that to a team you are so closely tied to as the first duo in all of college sports.

• Haha 1