USF going to the Super Bowl!

Guest Jonesy Bull

Guest Jonesy Bull
4 hours ago, flsportsfan83 said:

I'll be rooting for Austin to get his second ring. 

BOOOOO!  

Your a "Flsportfan" and you are rooting for a team outside of Florida.....Hmmm!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,639
  • Content Count:  75,712
  • Days Won:  436

1 hour ago, Jonesy Bull said:

BOOOOO!  

That handle is horribly misleading .... it should be miasportsfan83.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,759
  • Content Count:  17,639
  • Days Won:  13

13 hours ago, Jonesy Bull said:

BOOOOO!  

Can never ever root for Tom Brady. I use to dislike the Tampa teams. THat really is no longer the case just really don't care either way now. But my hate for Tom Brady as a fins fan is still there. @TripleB would be surprised to learn that I did root for both the Rays and Lightning in the playoffs. I have grown some, just not enough to root for Brady.

• Upvote 1

Guest Jonesy Bull
7 minutes ago, flsportsfan83 said:

Can never ever root for Tom Brady. I use to dislike the Tampa teams. THat really is no longer the case just really don't care either way now. But my hate for Tom Brady as a fins fan is still there. @TripleB would be surprised to learn that I did root for both the Rays and Lightning in the playoffs. I have grown some, just not enough to root for Brady.

OK gotcha.  I myself root for the other Florida teams when they are in the playoffs and the Tampa Bay teams are not (exception the Florida Panthers - can't get my hate for them out of my system being a Bolts fan).  But if the Dolphins or Jags are in the playoffs (which isn't very often these days) then I will pull for them against out of State teams.  

Its understandable your hatred of Tom Brady given him kicking Miami's booty every year these last couple decades.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

51 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

OK gotcha.  I myself root for the other Florida teams when they are in the playoffs and the Tampa Bay teams are not (exception the Florida Panthers - can't get my hate for them out of my system being a Bolts fan).  But if the Dolphins or Jags are in the playoffs (which isn't very often these days) then I will pull for them against out of State teams.  

Its understandable your hatred of Tom Brady given him kicking Miami's booty every year these last couple decades.

I have been fortunate enough to live in and around five different cities in five different states growing up. Just for the NFL I have had season tickets for the Jets, Giants, Bucs, Chiefs, and Falcons. Living in so many different locations has allowed me to not cheer for a regionalized team. I personally like it that way as they are all different in terms of owners, cultures, fan base, etc. At the end of the day I really only follow my teams (don’t really watch or care about others) except for college football...which I still enjoy on fall Saturdays and will always be a USF football nut. When I was younger I used to follow everyone and every professional team but as I have gotten older I find myself not caring as much...even when my teams do well. There was a line that Don Meredith said to Howard Cossel back in the 1970s before a MNF game. He was looking down on the field and said “Howard there has to be more to life than this.” It took me a while but I “somewhat” see what he meant. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,759
  • Content Count:  17,639
  • Days Won:  13

43 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Shockingly Brady prob has his worse record as a starting QB vs. Miami. We split with them almost every year. Sadly we couldn't beat other teams and get in the playoffs.

• Topic Count:  113
  • Content Count:  22,216
  • Days Won:  48

I hate Tom Brady but go Bucs!

1 hour ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Miami is coming back.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,639
  • Content Count:  75,712
  • Days Won:  436

1 hour ago, flsportsfan83 said:

@TripleB would be surprised to learn that I did root for both the Rays and Lightning in the playoffs. I have grown some, just not enough to root for Brady.

****, you’ve outgrown me. Was a Dolphins fan before the Bucs came along so would have been more ambivalent towards them if I had moved down to that area ....... but there’s no way in hell I’d ever have rooted for the Panthers or Marlins after that Mafia don, Huizienga pulling that “Florida” ******** when naming those teams. 

Guest Jonesy Bull
5 hours ago, flsportsfan83 said:

Shockingly Brady prob has his worse record as a starting QB vs. Miami. We split with them almost every year. Sadly we couldn't beat other teams and get in the playoffs.

Which I'm sure was a lot of fun for you, especially when half the stadium is full of New England fans.  It reminds me of the days when the Bucs played teams like the Packers or the Bears and their fans completely over-ran Tampa Stadium.  But when we were able to beat them occasionally, it made it that much more fun.

All of the Florida professional teams have the same problem, fans from other teams over-running their stadiums.  And to some extent for the College teams like USF.

• Topic Count:  491
  • Content Count:  12,627
  • Days Won:  25

Interesting stat on the SB... Recruiting rankings

7-5*, 29-4*, 36-3*, 13-2* and 25 no star recruits

• Upvote 1