Early Conference FB Predictions...we ain’t last 🤷‍♂️

NewEnglandBull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,907
  • Days Won:  22

22 minutes ago, puc86 said:

We can shelf it but that does not mean that CWT just got lucky on his picks, he chose right and if CJS wants to be successful he better be choosing right as well.

LOL. whatever man, yes Taggart was able to recruit well and some he recruited were able to do well enough to help the team. In recruiting you need to be good at spotting talent and also lucky that that player will develop, not get injured etc.

You want to believe recruiting is all skill and no luck. I’m telling you you need both.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

7 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

LOL. whatever man, yes Taggart was able to recruit well and some he recruited were able to do well enough to help the team. In recruiting you need to be good at spotting talent and also lucky that that player will develop, not get injured etc.

You want to believe recruiting is all skill

This is especially true on the G5 level. We are getting 3 stars who could be 1 stars once they play and 3 stars who could be 4 stars once they play. But I believe we are on the right track with the offense recruiting...defense still needs work in IMO. 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,381
  • Days Won:  255

8 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

You want to believe recruiting is all skill and no luck. I’m telling you you need both.

I think you make your own luck in life and while sure individual situations can be outliers the overall blended average of what you produce is driven by what you do. 

20 minutes ago, BiggTipp said:

All good facts. Also just look at the guys we signed and look at who we are recruiting against compared to previous signed players. We just got a kicker that had offers from Alabama, Clemson, NC, etc. We got Jimmy Horn Jr. when UGA was hot on him.....these types of things make me excited for the future. These are the recruiting battles we haven't seen in several seasons. This next season may not be wonderful to watch but I believe there will be quite an improvement.

Offensively we will score points. Better talent coming from n and the AAC conference is very weak defensively (other than Cincy). 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,085
  • Days Won:  2

5 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Offensively we will score points. Better talent coming from n and the AAC conference is very weak defensively (other than Cincy). 

I hope we score points...it's tough to project when we have no idea who will be taking snaps.

12 minutes ago, jg233 said:

I hope we score points...it's tough to project when we have no idea who will be taking snaps.

Good point but “on paper” what is coming in at QB is better than what is going out. But yes, we’ve been down this trail before. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,907
  • Days Won:  22

8 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Good point but “on paper” what is coming in at QB is better than what is going out. But yes, we’ve been down this trail before. 

Agree. If you look at all offensive positions we look better on paper. On defense we return all those DL players that get an extra year but we were very weak on the line so unless they have a big jump on what they did last year we will struggle and will have to outscore opponents. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,639
  • Content Count:  75,711
  • Days Won:  436

On 1/24/2021 at 9:05 AM, jchem1995 said:

Why To Be Happy: Yeah, QB Jordan McCloud has entered the transfer portal,

wow this is an independent person writing this stuff. Must have been obvious from the outside too. 

Just noticed this creative bit of Quoting ...... well played.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,639
  • Content Count:  75,711
  • Days Won:  436

9 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Good point but “on paper” what is coming in at QB is better than what is going out.

Pretty sure we'd have still been ahead of Temple even if JM hadn't left. "On paper" he's ahead of anybody Temple has coming back or coming in and Jarren Williams is head and shoulders above him ....

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

Pretty sure we'd have still been ahead of Temple even if JM hadn't left. "On paper" he's ahead of anybody Temple has coming back or coming in and Jarren Williams is head and shoulders above him ....

Agreed, but I don’t see JM leading the team with an upset over any of the teams in front of us. However, it would not surprise me at all if Williams gets two or three of these...not necessarily against Memphis or Cincy but the others are viable.