7 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Sometimes, other times there is consensus on hopes and dreams 

Colley Matrix 2017

• Haha 2

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  6,886
  • Days Won:  28

This team has 31 seniors and 20 something Juniors. At this point half of the team should be at thier physical peak as a college football player. And in at least 3 years of playing time and we should be able to pull off a 7-8 win season at minimum. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  150
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

4 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

This team has 31 seniors and 20 something Juniors. At this point half of the team should be at thier physical peak as a college football player. And in at least 3 years of playing time and we should be able to pull off a 7-8 win season at minimum. 

They should be at their own personal best, which doesn’t mean jack. 

Two is twice as good as one, but it’s still two.

• Crying 1

• Topic Count:  296
  • Content Count:  6,935
  • Days Won:  22

Once again. I would be looking at improvement, with our schedule I think 3-4 wins would be expectation. If we can win 6-7 games than Scott and staff did a hell of a job.

Those expecting a quick turn around will most likely be disappointed.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

I wish UF and NC State were not on the schedule this season. UF will be a top 10 program and NC State is projected for 2nd behind Clemson in the ACC.To many moving pieces and youth to have a chance in either of those games. BYU could be more interesting as it is after a few games but they play smash mouth with 26 years olds so I can’t see that as a win. Any chance to win games will have to be in conference (including A&M). Thus, it’s hard to see more than 4 or 5 wins. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  149
  • Content Count:  19,947
  • Days Won:  255

The average penultimate team in the aac wins 3 games, I guess that’s improvement over CJS’ first season but still not as good as before he stepped on campus. He was hired to do better and 4 wins doesn’t seem like that lofty of a bar, even if he continues to manage to crawl under it.

2 hours ago, puc86 said:

The average penultimate team in the aac wins 3 games, I guess that’s improvement over CJS’ first season but still not as good as before he stepped on campus. He was hired to do better and 4 wins doesn’t seem like that lofty of a bar, even if he continues to manage to crawl under it.

Yes but unfortunately as we saw our program was on the decline with Strong going 10 wins, then 7 and then 4. What makes you believe that at 4 we had reached the bottom? 

if you look at when Taggart took over from Skip similar pattern emerged. 8, 8, 5,3

then Taggart comes in and does worse at 2, then 4, 8,11

if Scott is going to get this program back to where Taggart left it, it will take 3-4 years.

What we had under Strong just like we had with Skip wasn’t a one year blip it was a multiple year down slope.

I would love to see a one year turnaround, but sadly watching this program as long as I have you could see the issues getting worse every year.

im not saying Scott is the answer, all I’m saying it will take 3-4 years for us to really get that answer. 

• Topic Count:  149
  • Content Count:  19,947
  • Days Won:  255

15 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

Yes but unfortunately as we saw our program was on the decline with Strong going 10 wins, then 7 and then 4. What makes you believe that at 4 we had reached the bottom? 

if you look at when Taggart took over from Skip similar pattern emerged. 8, 8, 5,3

then Taggart comes in and does worse at 2, then 4, 8,11

if Scott is going to get this program back to where Taggart left it, it will take 3-4 years.

What we had under Strong just like we had with Skip wasn’t a one year blip it was a multiple year down slope.

I would love to see a one year turnaround, but sadly watching this program as long as I have you could see the issues getting worse every year.

im not saying Scott is the answer, all I’m saying it will take 3-4 years for us to really get that answer. 

I do not disagree but I think going from 3 to 2 year over year is a lot different from going 4 to 1 and in year 2 CWT had more wins than what CSH fired so I’m a bit confused about how an argument can even be reasonably made that that having fewer wins in year 2 than what got the person before you fired can possibly be seen as improvement (especially when an argument could be made that CCS should have had more wins if not for his decisions and CJS has carried over that trend).

40 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I do not disagree but I think going from 3 to 2 year over year is a lot different from going 4 to 1 and in year 2 CWT had more wins than what CSH fired so I’m a bit confused about how an argument can even be reasonably made that that having fewer wins in year 2 than what got the person before you fired can possibly be seen as improvement (especially when an argument could be made that CCS should have had more wins if not for his decisions and CJS has carried over that trend).

A lot has to do with schedule. The four win season from Strong had as out of conference, Wisconsin, Georgia Tech, BYU and SC State. I would say Florida like Wisconsin will be a top 10 opponent, NCST will be a tougher opponent than a very weak Tech team, and the BYU we will face this year away is much better than the team we faced at home and  beat as a big surprise. Our other three wins were SC State an FCS, ECU and UConn.

There is no UConn in our schedule next year and ECU has gotten better than when we beat them. You look at our schedule and even with the team we had with Strong you tell me which games you think we are better than them?

hopefully we will have a Spring Season this year and Scott will be able to use that and his first full recruiting class.

im not sold on Scott, but I just think as always too many on this board have a very unrealistic picture of our program and where we are.

Edited by Cubanbull
  • Upvote 2