Early Conference FB Predictions...we ain’t last 🤷‍♂️

NewEnglandBull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,381
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, NewEnglandBull said:

Wait...earlier in the week I thought you said we need positive impressions and ideas from fans? I guess this does not apply to you? 

What is the idea the fans are trying to implement here? We are picked to finish 2nd to last and there is nothing we can do about it. Now if someone wants to start a we are not the worst party I will actually probably go to it. PlusPop Tv Bb21 GIF by Big Brother After Dark

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

12 minutes ago, puc86 said:

What is the idea the fans are trying to implement here? We are picked to finish 2nd to last and there is nothing we can do about it. Now if someone wants to start a we are not the worst party I will actually probably go to it. PlusPop Tv Bb21 GIF by Big Brother After Dark

No it’s not different. You said ALL ideas to get fans supporting the Bulls are GOOD ideas. Yet, your impressions of the team is negative based on someone who believes we are the 9th best team? This view cancels out the other. You sure do choose your spots to apply and not apply your theories and positions. All this while giving me a lecture on being negative...which is laughable by comparison (just this week your comments on this thread and BJ). 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,381
  • Days Won:  255

18 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

No it’s not different. You said ALL ideas to get fans supporting the Bulls are GOOD ideas. Yet, your impressions of the team is negative based on someone who believes we are the 9th best team? This view cancels out the other. You sure do choose your spots to apply and not apply your theories and positions. All this while giving me a lecture on being negative...which is laughable by comparison (just this week your comments on this thread and BJ). 

One can have negative impressions of their team and still be an engaged fan, see most of the time people were Browns fans. We are bad that is an objective fact. Things are the single worst they have ever been that is an objective fact. Our fan engagement is the lowest it has ever been that is an objective fact. I think it is nice that some fans want to improve engagement and not rely on not being horrible in order to do it, those ideas are not at odds with one another (even though my it’s different post meant it’s different when I do things).

• Topic Count:  374
  • Content Count:  4,284
  • Days Won:  56

I’m interested in their assumption that UCF will simply reload at the skill positions despite losing their top 2 RBs and 3 of their top 4 WRs. Maybe they will, but it’s definitely not a given. Not with the defense they played last season. It sure feels like they’re headed in the other direction. White leaving for Tennessee can’t be a plus and they’re starting to rumble about Heupel. If Gabriel weren’t among the returnees for 2021, they could be in for a serious plunge unless everything goes right. All it takes is for that offense to start turning the ball over more with some inexperienced guys at RB and WR and the wheels come off because they haven’t been able to stop anybody. They won’t have all that experience to lean on in 2021.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

5 minutes ago, Dave Glaser said:

I’m interested in their assumption that UCF will simply reload at the skill positions despite losing their top 2 RBs and 3 of their top 4 WRs. Maybe they will, but it’s definitely not a given. Not with the defense they played last season. It sure feels like they’re headed in the other direction. White leaving for Tennessee can’t be a plus and they’re starting to rumble about Heupel. If Gabriel weren’t among the returnees for 2021, they could be in for a serious plunge unless everything goes right. All it takes is for that offense to start turning the ball over more with some inexperienced guys at RB and WR and the wheels come off because they haven’t been able to stop anybody. They won’t have all that experience to lean on in 2021.

It certainly looks like they are starting to slip back now. I think it is very difficult for a G5 team to hold power for very long...there are just too many variables working against them (Temple and Navy are other examples). Also, in terms of the predictions, almost always a team that starts it ascent to the top does so as a “surprising” team (ucf, Tulsa last year). I am not saying that we catch fire next year and win 10 games but we could certainly “surprise” and get to 6. The only constant team in the AAC has been Memphis. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

I think the ranking reflects more of what they do know about us than what they don’t know 

Isn't that how rankings tend to go?

• Topic Count:  374
  • Content Count:  4,284
  • Days Won:  56

Teams with established quarterbacks are always the ones that are positioned to succeed, so Memphis and SMU are also in danger spots right now with their established, productive QBs moving on.

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

#10 out of 11 ??  That gives you some hope/confidence... Guess it will be--Wait and See

simpson wait.gif

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, DJBulls said:

Isn't that how rankings tend to go?

yep- opinions based upon past performance with a sprinkle of possible potential