Jeff Scott = Skip Holtz

flsportsfan83

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, pascobull said:

I understand why schools and parents do what they do, it's often for financial survival. It sucks that corporations and most very successful people don't invest back into education specifically the arts. I think the world is better off with some people majoring in History and art and literature and all that. I also think those degrees should be way less expensive or even free compared to Business school but that would take investment from successful business people smart enough to realize we need more non business people in the world.

Agreed 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  11,195
  • Days Won:  68

2 hours ago, pascobull said:

I understand why schools and parents do what they do, it's often for financial survival. It sucks that corporations and most very successful people don't invest back into education specifically the arts. I think the world is better off with some people majoring in History and art and literature and all that. I also think those degrees should be way less expensive or even free compared to Business school but that would take investment from successful business people smart enough to realize we need more non business people in the world.

Business people smart enough to know we need more non business people in the world?  History, Art and Literature and all that are majors that corporations need to invest in to turn out more people that hate capitalism and corporations.  I hope you were baked when you wrote this, terrible idea.

• ???? 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  11,195
  • Days Won:  68

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Agreed 

First BYU going to the big 10 and now this, worried about you 😀

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

2 hours ago, Bulls On Parade said:

Yeah Dline especially DE is super weak on this team not sure any coaching is going to make that unit even avg. 

It has to be a priority for the defense to address next season. 

we had 2 sacks which was the most we have had in a game all season according to the paper. baffling why we rush 3 at the end.

1 hour ago, Friscobull said:

First BYU going to the big 10 and now this, worried about you 😀

😂...nah I respect the tools students can gain with the liberal arts but the safe play is business and STEM. My daughter is majoring in business and minoring in sociology so I see students combining the best of both worlds. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  855
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, Friscobull said:

Business people smart enough to know we need more non business people in the world?  History, Art and Literature and all that are majors that corporations need to invest in to turn out more people that hate capitalism and corporations.  I hope you were baked when you wrote this, terrible idea.

Nah. I'm just one of the little people that are the engine behind capitalism and corporations. I like what i do but it's all about money as a business major. We need those artsy people in the world Frisco. I don't want USF to become one big business and Tech school...seems too one dimensional for me.

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

😂...nah I respect the tools students can gain with the liberal arts but the safe play is business and STEM. My daughter is majoring in business and minoring in sociology so I see students combining the best of both worlds. 

that's actually not a bad idea...a lot of kids get MBA degrees after majoring in something non business. I'm good with that too.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  19,515
  • Days Won:  255

7 minutes ago, pascobull said:

Nah. I'm just one of the little people that are the engine behind capitalism and corporations. I like what i do but it's all about money as a business major. We need those artsy people in the world Frisco. I don't want USF to become one big business and Tech school...seems too one dimensional for me.

I think what the students, parents and universities have learned is that while we may need some of these people in the world they are not wisely using anyone’s resources by being at a typical university for four years. At the end of years the only thing anyone learns in the exchange is that this will not help them at all with their career path which will not allow them to pay the debt they accumulated and certainly never contribute to the university at all. They would be just as well served to try to become and artist by going to air conditioning trade school. Not everyone in the world should go to a 4 year university and that we some how perpetuated the lie that it is needed for everyone is why so many people now needing bailed out from their loans.

2 hours ago, Bull94 said:

we had 2 sacks which was the most we have had in a game all season according to the paper. baffling why we rush 3 at the end.

The one sack i remember was a LB blitz by #5...I don't remember our DEs getting a single sack this year...haven't heard there names all year. #23 was pretty good against Citadel but i think he's interior line

14 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I think what the students, parents and universities have learned is that while we may need some of these people in the world they are not wisely using anyone’s resources by being at a typical university for four years. At the end of years the only thing anyone learns in the exchange is that this will not help them at all with their career path which will not allow them to pay the debt they accumulated and certainly never contribute to the university at all. They would be just as well served to try to become and artist by going to air conditioning trade school. Not everyone in the world should go to a 4 year university and that we some how perpetuated the lie that it is needed for everyone is why so many people now needing bailed out from their loans.

Good point. One of the issues is that in America our culture emphasizes education especially college education. Thus, some kids go to college and really don’t want to but feel it is necessary. Some drop out after a year and have loans to pay which is a worst-case scenario. I think the smart play for kids today is to go to a community college for two years get your associates degree and then decide if you want to go on for two more final years at a university. That way you save money and give yourself time to think about what it is you want to do.