NCAA grants all FBS teams bowl eligible

NewEnglandBull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  11,132
  • Days Won:  67

2 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Sorry it’s not going to happen. The only place they could go is West and my Texas friends tell me they won’t nothing to do with that. SEC? No way they want Texas baggage. Big10? Possible but unlikely due to both academic and cultural fit (indeed KU has a better chance for the Big10 than any other Big12 school). Regardless, if they and OU left the Big12 would no longer be considered a power conference. But if they did leave KU, OSU, and probably one other would find a home. That means upwards to 7 teams would backfill and that conference would be similar to the AAC now...albeit a little better. 

UT, Academic and cultural fit not likely for the big 10?  Cultural maybe whatever but academic?  Texas is better than any Big 10 team with the exception of Northwestern, what was your point professor?

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

10 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

UT, Academic and cultural fit not likely for the big 10?  Cultural maybe whatever but academic?  Texas is better than any Big 10 team with the exception of Northwestern, what was your point professor?

My bad...I did not know they were an AAU school until now. That being said I just can’t see UT being a second dog in a conference. Not to mention dissolving the Longhorn Network.

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

My bad...I did not know they were an AAU school until now. That being said I just can’t see UT being a second dog in a conference. Not to mention dissolving the Longhorn Network.

They would have to dissolve the Network no matter where they go, they are going to eventually have to somewhere else whether they like it or not once OU and OSU go somewhere else as a package deal.  IMO.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 minute ago, Friscobull said:

They would have to dissolve the Network no matter where they go, they are going to eventually have to somewhere else whether they like it or not once OU and OSU go somewhere else as a package deal.  IMO.

We will agree to disagree. The easiest way to the CFB playoff is to be in the Big12. I personally think there will be no more expansion taking place. 

3 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

We will agree to disagree. The easiest way to the CFB playoff is to be in the Big12. I personally think there will be no more expansion taking place. 

That you may be right, if the big 12 continues to flounder it may have people jumping ship to avoid being caught without a life boat, big 12 tv money may start to drop well below the others causing some to explore other options.  

• Topic Count:  9,900
  • Content Count:  66,116
  • Days Won:  172

4 hours ago, brybull1970 said:

The boosters have been been pushing hard for this as the Big 12 has been running 4th/5th in the pecking order of the the P5 conferences and CFP access. The Texas boosters are tired of being "a big fish in a small pond" as I had one of them explain to me a year ago, and if this guy was any indication they think they will be even more competitive in the Big 10 or PAC 12, as ridiculous as that sounds.

If Texas and Oklahoma leave, which I believe they will  in the next 5 years, the Big 12 will have to take on new membership to avoid falling apart. That's where bringing in Houston, Memphis, Cincinnati and UCF come in to shore them up at a manageable 12 teams. If OSU were to leave then that would be the only hope for USF.

The one thing that may appease Texas fans and the Big 12  is if the CFP commits to expanding (that deal ends in January 2026 and negotiations on a new deal are expected to start in 2023), then I think being in a weaker conference with an auto-bid can be attractive for them.

Again, while I think the case for it makes sense, I think listening to a booster I know in Dallas kind of clinched it for me at least.

no one would take usf now

our football program is horrible

39 minutes ago, smazza said:

no one would take usf now

our football program is horrible

I was hoping we would get an SEC invite this year and will continue to hold out hope, we are an attractive program that is on the cusp of greatness.

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

22 hours ago, 79 Bull said:

I've got some bad news for you.  After 70 years, the Hub is going smokeless.  RIP everyone's favorite dive bar and best juke box in Tampa.

https://www.tampabay.com/life-culture/food/bar-breweries/2020/10/08/gone-in-the-pandemic-smoking-in-tampa-dive-bars/

Thats a bummer. I only lived in the area for my short stay as a student and never had the chance to visit this one. Luckily for me, where im from Smokey dive bar is all we have.

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

Also, haven't really looked into it, but I just can't see Texas leaving a conference which they have such a financial stranglehold over until it's the last possible resort 

13 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

Thats a bummer. I only lived in the area for my short stay as a student and never had the chance to visit this one. Luckily for me, where im from Smokey dive bar is all we have.

The real appeal to the place is they pour ( or at least poured) the strongest mixed drinks in the area, all crowne and a splash of coke, the place put me on my ass more than once.