NCAA grants all FBS teams bowl eligible

NewEnglandBull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,381
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

I thought they were our ticket to the P5?

That's just something we said to make us feel better about foolishly bringing them up to our conference instead of having them continue to draft in our wake (and I do not want to hear about how the exiting members that cared nothing about the remaining conference to the point that they could not be bothered to negotiate TV contracts were super passionate about bringing in a team that had done nothing to date and they had no intention of being in a conference with). If anything maybe some conference would feel bad for our widowed status and would want to take us in, pity and death can sometimes strange bedfellows make. 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  11,132
  • Days Won:  67

7 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

In support of.

Frisco who?  Don't ever assume I read a full post more than 1 sentence long.

One of the many reasons that you blocked brybull 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  11,132
  • Days Won:  67

6 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

Similar thing. Don't assume I read the quoted party.  Since I've blocked BryBull I'm not looking at the quotes as closely. Did read where someone said he was improving so may unblock him.

Yes he has, I have prodded him to no avail, however his posts are long and not sure if you have the stamina to read them in their entirety.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

1 hour ago, Friscobull said:

Yes he has, I have prodded him to no avail, however his posts are long and not sure if you have the stamina to read them in their entirety.

Stamina or stomach?

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,381
  • Days Won:  255

1 hour ago, brybull1970 said:

Pinning our P5 hopes to riding UCF's coattails only works are we within arms reach of their coattails. Based on the current trajectory of both athletic departments, its quite possible that UCF gets the P5 invite to the Big 12 (or whatever remains of it) in 2025 along with Houston and Memphis, while USF is left behind in a conference that sinks for into irrelevancy.

Unless you are from Texas and moving to the Big12 package deals and taking geographical rivals has never been a thing in conference expansion this century, it’s only existence is in the vivid imaginations of obscure corners of the internet.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, brybull1970 said:

Texas is leaving the Big 12 at some point and expect Oklahoma to be in tow with them. That will be the keystone in the next round of conference expansion.

Texas is not going anywhere. Why would they leave when they are the big dog in the conference and have total control. There will be no more expansion as there is no value in the G5 teams. 

8 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

The boosters have been been pushing hard for this as the Big 12 has been running 4th/5th in the pecking order of the the P5 conferences and CFP access. The Texas boosters are tired of being "a big fish in a small pond" as I had one of them explain to me a year ago, and if this guy was any indication they think they will be even more competitive in the Big 10 or PAC 12, as ridiculous as that sounds.

If Texas and Oklahoma leave, which I believe they will  in the next 5 years, the Big 12 will have to take on new membership to avoid falling apart. That's where bringing in Houston, Memphis, Cincinnati and UCF come in to shore them up at a manageable 12 teams. If OSU were to leave then that would be the only hope for USF.

The one thing that may appease Texas fans and the Big 12  is if the CFP commits to expanding (that deal ends in January 2026 and negotiations on a new deal are expected to start in 2023), then I think being in a weaker conference with an auto-bid can be attractive for them.

Again, while I think the case for it makes sense, I think listening to a booster I know in Dallas kind of clinched it for me at least.

Sorry it’s not going to happen. The only place they could go is West and my Texas friends tell me they won’t nothing to do with that. SEC? No way they want Texas baggage. Big10? Possible but unlikely due to both academic and cultural fit (indeed KU has a better chance for the Big10 than any other Big12 school). Regardless, if they and OU left the Big12 would no longer be considered a power conference. But if they did leave KU, OSU, and probably one other would find a home. That means upwards to 7 teams would backfill and that conference would be similar to the AAC now...albeit a little better. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  586
  • Content Count:  23,014
  • Days Won:  109

11 hours ago, brybull1970 said:

I'm trying but my 12 step program is a slow process.

As long as you continue to make progress  😀

13 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

If that later scenario plays out it will have a huge cascading effect over the rest of the FBS. It makes you wonder at that point, if the scales aren't tipped enough for Aresco to grab some of the remaining pieces of the Big 12 in West Virginia, Baylor, TCU, Kansas State and Iowa State (almost of which would be an upgrade for the AAC), or if there is still enough Big 12 power left for them to raid the AAC.

That's why rebuilding the athletic department in the next 2-3 years is so critical - first, its just a smart thing to do and second we have to get back into the P5 expansion discussion once it heats back up. And right now, we are about as attractive as Rosie O'Donnell on a 3-day doughnut and rum bender.

💯

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  586
  • Content Count:  23,014
  • Days Won:  109

7 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

Just remember progress is never a straight line.

I know, I watch USF football.

• Haha 1