this is the worst usf football team

smazza

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,639
  • Content Count:  75,861
  • Days Won:  436

16 hours ago, Friscobull said:

it is all relative, he is great for USF, for others he is probably ass, this is the reason why we bow down to CJL, our bar is way too ******* low.  

I think most bow down to CJL, and rightly so, because he is the father of USF football and got it off to an awesome start, but can't really call that a bar that was set ....... I guess a measurable bar that was set consists of having a 4 year span of 8+ win seasons, which on one hand is a pretty nice run but on the other hand, nothing to show for it.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

18 hours ago, Bull Dozer said:

He's at FAU and basically tied up to Taggart's hip for a reason. I love CJL and appreciate what he did for USF but I have trouble calling a coach great when they have never won anything of real significance. If he was truly "great" in the results based business that is coaching he would have to more than opportunities than following CWT around. People will look the other way in coaching if you are truly great. They haven't for CJL.... 

I don't think you're considering how USF and the Joel Miller situation affected him. He is human. He had a passion for USF and we took that away. Then tragedy happened. Passion cannot be faked, so I have no idea why you think he would put in the same passion as a mercenary than he did for USF. 

And if what he did for USF isn't great, then your standards are incredibly too high, and will probably never be satisfied with USF football ever. 

2 hours ago, brybull1970 said:

He did that all to himself. Can you imagine retaining a coach who was found to have struck a player? How does he go into a living room and tell parents that he will take care of them at college. There would be a major credibility issue and the university would be exposed to significant liability if, god-forbid, this ever happened again.

No coach since CJL has come close to his love for the school and university, and I just hope that he and the school can reconcile even if that means he doesn't walk the sidelines again for us. I'd like to believe that every person is better than their worst moment.

I disagree that we had to fire him. There are plenty of avenues of discipline that we could have explored other than firing. How about a half year to full year suspension? He is USF football, I honestly think firing him was an extreme reaction FOR ONE SLAP in a sport that requires banging your head 35x a game. 

• Topic Count:  9,900
  • Content Count:  66,121
  • Days Won:  172

On 11/1/2020 at 12:25 PM, WhoRUSF said:

I disagree that we had to fire him. There are plenty of avenues of discipline that we could have explored other than firing. How about a half year to full year suspension? He is USF football, I honestly think firing him was an extreme reaction FOR ONE SLAP in a sport that requires banging your head 35x a game. 

you are living in a different time my friend. when a coach strikes an athlete he will be fired immediately. there is no lesser punishment for the crime.the coach has a special relationship to care for the safety of the athlete.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

On 10/31/2020 at 6:16 PM, Bull Dozer said:

He's at FAU and basically tied up to Taggart's hip for a reason. I love CJL and appreciate what he did for USF but I have trouble calling a coach great when they have never won anything of real significance. If he was truly "great" in the results based business that is coaching he would have to more than opportunities than following CWT around. People will look the other way in coaching if you are truly great. They haven't for CJL.... 

Exactly. All of his faults would be overlooked if he could deliver winners.

He hasn't, so that's why he is where he is.

1 hour ago, smazza said:

you are living in a different time my friend. when a coach strikes an athlete he will be fired immediately. there is no lesser punishment for the crime.the coach has a special relationship to care for the safety of the athlete.

Well look where that politically correct decision got us. And look where that athlete is now. It created way too much animosity towards a kid that never should have been. 

It was the obviously wrong decision. If times get dummer, should I adjust my views accordingly? No. Nobody benefitted from that terrible choice. NOBODY. 

Edited by WhoRUSF

On 11/4/2020 at 8:04 AM, WhoRUSF said:

Well look where that politically correct decision got us. And look where that athlete is now. It created way too much animosity towards a kid that never should have been. 

It was the obviously wrong decision. If times get dummer, should I adjust my views accordingly? No. Nobody benefitted from that terrible choice. NOBODY. 

politically correct?  leavitt  committed a crime.he was lucky he didnt get prosecuted and still was able to coach.

On 11/4/2020 at 6:56 AM, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

Exactly. All of his faults would be overlooked if he could deliver winners.

He hasn't, so that's why he is where he is.

true to a certain extent but even bobby knight worn out his welcome

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  19,515
  • Days Won:  255

11 minutes ago, smazza said:

politically correct?  leavitt  committed a crime.he was lucky he didnt get prosecuted and still was able to coach.

Luck or not quite as clear as you think since it didn’t even meet the standards for civil court much less the more exacting standards of criminal court?

• Upvote 1

On 11/6/2020 at 1:43 PM, puc86 said:

Luck or not quite as clear as you think since it didn’t even meet the standards for civil court much less the more exacting standards of criminal court?

leavitt hit the kid, and lied about it.ego ego ego