Does anyone remember comments year 1 with CWT?

NewEnglandBull

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  586
  • Content Count:  23,019
  • Days Won:  109

4 hours ago, Skingraft said:

I'm not going to jinx myself or my game..... I'm keeping my yapper shut

Jerome Baker Dance GIF by Miami Dolphins

You jinxed them by not jinxing them

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,094
  • Days Won:  2

5 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

Maybe 2 or 3 of each? 

The shame of yesterday is I went with the attitude of " we aren't going to win this, just enjoy watching college football".  But we played so poorly that I couldn't make it to the end of the game.

I concur and do not blame you for leaving.   ECU has enough skilled players who can make plays that losing to them was not surprising.  What is shocking is how the lines were consistently beaten.  That is my problem. 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

11 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I don’t exactly remember but I can’t recall if it was negative as this. I guess it probably was as Willie was moving us to a power game. I certainly don’t remember comments about shutting down the program or transitioning to a lesser conference m. 

I'm not sure I was lingering here then, but I bet @puc86was clamoring about how we should have brought CJL back

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  1,141
  • Days Won:  2

As much as we suck right now, we are light years ahead of the first year of CWT and that garbage pre-snap shifting, false start machine, horsefeathers offense he tried to run for 2 years. 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,381
  • Days Won:  255

21 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

I'm not sure I was lingering here then, but I bet @puc86was clamoring about how we should have brought CJL back

This is the importance of consistent messaging 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

9 minutes ago, BayIslandBull said:

As much as we suck right now, we are light years ahead of the first year of CWT and that garbage pre-snap shifting, false start machine, horsefeathers offense he tried to run for 2 years. 

Oh man, I forgot all about the pre-snap shifting...not exactly the 1970s Tom Landry Cowboys as it was pretty simplistic but our guys could not it consistently.

Guest Jonesy Bull
12 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I don’t exactly remember but I can’t recall if it was negative as this. I guess it probably was as Willie was moving us to a power game. I certainly don’t remember comments about shutting down the program or transitioning to a lesser conference m. 

I think the disappointment this time is that we were hoping for a little bit better than being horrid.

I thought this team had at least some talent and that we would see some improvement week to week.  We are not seeing that so far.

This program needs an influx of 2-3 years of really strong recruiting......ding ding ding - need to break ground on that IPF. 

10 hours ago, Mission9 said:

I concur and do not blame you for leaving.   ECU has enough skilled players who can make plays that losing to them was not surprising.  What is shocking is how the lines were consistently beaten.  That is my problem. 

Think I watched them early in the season and they impressed me enough to bet them outright vs our Bulls.  Don't bet a lot of money but won enough to buy a bottle of Woodford or something not real expensive.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  216
  • Content Count:  3,640
  • Days Won:  19

1 hour ago, CousinRicky said:

Think I watched them early in the season and they impressed me enough to bet them outright vs our Bulls.  Don't bet a lot of money but won enough to buy a bottle of Woodford or something not real expensive.

Well played sir.  When you win enough betting on the Bulls so that you can buy enough whiskey to watch them again is that considered the definition of a sustainable investment?

6 hours ago, SilverBull said:

Well played sir.  When you win enough betting on the Bulls so that you can buy enough whiskey to watch them again is that considered the definition of a sustainable investment?

It was hard to watch that game sober. Met our son-in-law and grandson at an outdoor restaurant and had one beer. Then had another one after parking and 1 "good luck" shot. Obviously will change up what liquor we choose for luck next time.