Maybe I am Wrong

usfgrad84

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Days Won:  3

27 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

Our entire starting offense has yet to start a game, including 2 against top 15 teams. Let's settle down a bit 

Let’s call a spade a spade. That team we played yesterday is not top 15 in a normal year. They will lose soon enough and more than once. That ranking is very much a placeholder.

I’m all for glass half full but let’s be realistic. I get we’ve been down on personnel but the playcalling itself is Gilbert 2.0.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  19,589
  • Days Won:  255

12 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

That is true we have played two good teams and we should look much better vs ECU I believe. 

Last season we beat them by 25 are we going to be improved beyond that or improved in that we win by 1 or put more than the 7 pts we have had at the FBS level this season?

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  2,580
  • Days Won:  1

3 minutes ago, zarnozdabull said:

Let’s call a spade a spade. That team we played yesterday is not top 15 in a normal year. They will lose soon enough and more than once. That ranking is very much a placeholder.

I’m all for glass half full but let’s be realistic. I get we’ve been down on personnel but the playcalling itself is Gilbert 2.0.

Cincy tried their hardest to gift us the upset, and we still lost by 21. 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  11,234
  • Days Won:  68

50 minutes ago, zarnozdabull said:

I am hoping with the lack of practice, new system, numerous lineman out and the QB carousel that he is going simplistic to avoid getting someone killed.  Hope is all I have because they are painful to watch and agree that Cincy looks grossly overrated.  Just think last year we should have beat them if we had a barely functional kicker which we did not.  We have regressed from a bad team to an absolutely awful and unwatchable team, very similar to CWT’s first year.

Guest Jonesy Bull
13 hours ago, chapelbull said:

I guess I missed it, but I just haven't seen a bunch of posts about how improved we are on offense ....... 

Just a thought.  We dont have the offensive talent to compete against top 20 teams this year......shocking as that might be!

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Since this year is essentially a scrimmage year, I am less concerned with actual productivity than seeing guys in the right places and the evolution of a new system. 

I just hope that Scott is not falling into the same trap that Holtz, Strong and Taggart originally did by thinking he can recruit the right lineman and pro-style QB to execute what we are seeing so far. He certainly may be able to do that, but it would have to be a complete recruiting cycle of another 3 years to get where we all want to be. 

I am the first to preach that it is way too early to judge anything. Especially with this personnel, but I am still seeing essentially0 the same offense that the last 2 OCs ran only with smaller RBs.

Cincy is probably the best D in the conference and ND one of the best in the country. I think the next 3 games give us a true indication of what path we are on. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  180
  • Content Count:  7,472
  • Days Won:  14

4 hours ago, Bull Dozer said:

Our entire starting offense has yet to start a game, including 2 against top 15 teams. Let's settle down a bit 

This is too rational for TBP.

We played CJS's first game, then 2 top 15 teams... no spring ball, and missing players... an empty cupboard... did I miss anything else? We won't turn it around over night people. 

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

4 hours ago, zarnozdabull said:

The team we played yesterday will win the conference championship 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, usfgrad84 said:

Since this year is essentially a scrimmage year, I am less concerned with actual productivity than seeing guys in the right places and the evolution of a new system. 

I just hope that Scott is not falling into the same trap that Holtz, Strong and Taggart originally did by thinking he can recruit the right lineman and pro-style QB to execute what we are seeing so far. He certainly may be able to do that, but it would have to be a complete recruiting cycle of another 3 years to get where we all want to be. 

I am the first to preach that it is way too early to judge anything. Especially with this personnel, but I am still seeing essentially0 the same offense that the last 2 OCs ran only with smaller RBs.

Cincy is probably the best D in the conference and ND one of the best in the country. I think the next 3 games give us a true indication of what path we are on. 

Good point 

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

6 hours ago, zarnozdabull said:

THE ONLY OFFENSE WE SHOULD EVER RUN IS A SPREAD RPO.

You are right OP. I’m not liking this scheme at all, it’s like Gilbert came back from the dead.

zombie GIF

problem is, we need a QB that can complete a pass to the correct color jersey. why fortin didnt get a better look?? marsh will prob be good once he understands that the D back schemes in college are diff than high school. mc? whew! I just dont think he is the guy but...?? possibly noah was held back yesterday because he is a given for ability problem is, he needs to get more accurate on his passing. poss he is the starter for ecu??? makes one wonder dont one??