USF does not practice today (COVID and Social Injustice)

NewEnglandBull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,078
  • Days Won:  19

Cops have a dangerous job. 

But their job is not in the top 10 most deadly jobs per capita in the USA. Again, if you are so scared that you cannot do your job effectively, maybe find a new profession

103717209-GettyImages-479065992.jpg?v=15

Here's a look at the 10 most...

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,452
  • Content Count:  98,867
  • Days Won:  494

4 minutes ago, DELdaBull said:

Cops have a dangerous job. 

But their job is not in the top 10 most deadly jobs per capita in the USA. Again, if you are so scared that you cannot do your job effectively, maybe find a new profession

103717209-GettyImages-479065992.jpg?v=15

Here's a look at the 10 most...

Their job is dangerous not because of the known risks, its the unknown - like a perpetrator strung out on meth, heroin, etc.  It's not every arrest, but it turns out to be a large part of the ones that end up in the death of a suspect or a cop.

None in that Top Ten are getting murdered.

24 minutes ago, Bullrush33 said:

See, he lost me within the 1st minute.  I don't support Jacob Blake. I support men being detained by officers, being read their Miranda rights, being booked, and going to trial if they choose to do so. 

Maybe I am stupid for wanting to believe all men are created equally.  At the same time I walk as far on the correct side of the line as I possibly can because my two interactions with police were far from ideal. 

3 minutes ago, Brad said:

Their job is dangerous not because of the known risks, its the unknown - like a perpetrator strung out on meth, heroin, etc.  It's not every arrest, but it turns out to be a large part of the ones that end up in the death of a suspect or a cop.

None in that Top Ten are getting murdered.

I never said their job was not dangerous.  It is not as dangerous as it is purported to be

FBI statistics on 2019 police deaths in the line of duty

Since no database is available the Washington Post has been gathering officer involved shooting data since 2015. In 2019 55 unarmed people were shot by police. That is 55 too many in my opinion.  Maybe I am too utopian. 

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,850
  • Days Won:  0

2 minutes ago, DELdaBull said:

See, he lost me within the 1st minute.  I don't support Jacob Blake. I support men being detained by officers, being read their Miranda rights, being booked, and going to trial if they choose to do so. 

Maybe I am stupid for wanting to believe all men are created equally.  At the same time I walk as far on the correct side of the line as I possibly can because my two interactions with police were far from ideal. 

Don’t try act like you are altruistic saying “all lives are equal.”  Of course I believe all lives are equal and Mr Blake surrendered that right once he acted like he was going to reach for a weapon going into his vehicle. It’s almost as if he was contemplating suicide. Did you hear his family scream “Don’t do it”? They were talking to Jacob . Listen I am not even saying every officer is right because some do commit excessive force. Did you see the video where it showed the knife was in his hand while he was walking around the vehicle? Why do you think the officers had their weapon drawn?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

13 hours ago, WhoRUSF said:

Thank you. It's tough because everybody has different experiences and these conversations naturally deal with generalizations. I've lost friends due to taking similar stances. It sucks because I'm not a fan of anybody getting killed. In most situations, all involved could have done something better, including trigger happy cops. 

Where I might be biased is the framing of these topics. They seem to purposely make white people feel guilty, and if any white person steps out of line, they trend on Twitter with people dog piling them. I dont know of you guys have noticed, but any trending white athlete on twitter these last few months has been shaming them for their views. Urlacher is the latest victim. If I'm being honest, I think this is being done on purpose to create divide. Think about how every person in America is buried on the internet. How easy would it be to provoke an already unstable race relations? Even if this isnt manufactured, you're lying to yourself if you think in some way they arent trying to manipulate us. 

But I digress from my tinfoil hat conspiracy theory, and thank USF for dedicating today to talk about social justice issues. Bless us all 🇺🇸🇺🇸

As your aware you make good points. Not popular points( with some) but it takes cajones to try to be open about this subject these days. If you question it. Each of us knows what kind of life weve led and how we treated/interacted with other people over the years. We control ourselves. Hopefully along the way you make a positive impact on something or someone besides your family. To be ashamed of your own race? Nope, had no control over that situation. Your tin conspiracy hat could be on to something that is actually pretty apparent. There is a move to widen and intensify the racial gap in this Country. It's been going on at a more rapid rate for about the past 12 years. That all this is taking place in an election year..well now isn't that a coincidence??  This subject can't just be one-sided. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

55 minutes ago, Bullrush33 said:

I’m not debating that there was a knife in the car. I respect your take on these matters but I was essentially saying be careful what you post because some of that can be refuted. Not that you need a moderator by any means, though.

Eiether way, Go Bulls

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,850
  • Days Won:  0

11 minutes ago, OcalaBull2 said:

I’m not debating that there was a knife in the car. I respect your take on these matters but I was essentially saying be careful what you post because some of that can be refuted. Not that you need a moderator by any means, though.

Eiether way, Go Bulls

I apologize for being so emotional about it. Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

11 minutes ago, DELdaBull said:

I never said their job was not dangerous.  It is not as dangerous as it is purported to be

FBI statistics on 2019 police deaths in the line of duty

Since no database is available the Washington Post has been gathering officer involved shooting data since 2015. In 2019 55 unarmed people were shot by police. That is 55 too many in my opinion.  Maybe I am too utopian. 

Must have been a good year for cops in 2019 only 48 deaths(44 shot) from criminal acts. Compared to 56 in 2018. A lot more(41) actually except they died in on duty associated activities. 2018 998 Deadly use of force incidents. 95.3% suspects(998) armed. 47 unarmed. This all stemmed from over 55 million police contacts that year. Sadly, racism does exist in law enforcement. Problem is, Black Americans make up about 13% of the population but..commit 50% or murders and 38% of violent crime overall. Most of which is committed upon other Blacks. These are stats but, one dead person no matter who they are is one too many. Somehow, the above crime stats have to be changed. Somehow, society needs to change. It's not all about race. 

25 minutes ago, Bullrush33 said:

Don’t try act like you are altruistic saying “all lives are equal.”  Of course I believe all lives are equal and Mr Blake surrendered that right once he acted like he was going to reach for a weapon going into his vehicle. It’s almost as if he was contemplating suicide. Did you hear his family scream “Don’t do it”? They were talking to Jacob . Listen I am not even saying every officer is right because some do commit excessive force. Did you see the video where it showed the knife was in his hand while he was walking around the vehicle? Why do you think the officers had their weapon drawn?

1st, you don't know me. 

2nd, why do you have a problem with me quoting a section of our constitution? 

We hold these truths to be self evident that all lives are created equal. Or have you missed that in your studies?