Games Being Cancelled Already

bcgruber

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

22 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

No way this is the highest rated NHL playoffs in this fragmented year and the playoffs in a bubble In Canada with no fans,  what the hell is wrong with you?  It appears you found your own ass and somehow managed to jam your entire head up there.  

Because there are no fans no one will watch the NHL? What the **** does that have to do with it? Hell, this will increase viewership. Have you lost your ******* mind? Just wait and see. What else is everyone doing? 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,639
  • Content Count:  75,712
  • Days Won:  436

3 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Because there are no fans no one will watch the NHL? What the **** does that have to do with it? Hell, this will increase viewership. Have you lost your ******* mind? Just wait and see. What else is everyone doing? 

******* Texans don't know **** about hockey fans ...

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  11,132
  • Days Won:  67

21 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

They will be watching, MLB, NBA, hopefully football.  Part of the appeal is some of the more casual fans that attend a few games, viewing parties outside the arena, street parties etc, get caught up in the excitement, .all of that is not happening and it will negatively impact viewership. An empty arena will also be a turnoff coupled with this long break before the playoffs.  I think viewership will be down, we shall see.

25 minutes ago, Triple B said:

******* Texans don't know **** about hockey fans ...

I grew up a Blackhawks fan in the land of Lincoln, I know my way around a rink old timer.  However not in the rink, never played, too rich for my taste, that sport is expensive.😀

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

8 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

They will be watching, MLB, NBA, hopefully football.  Part of the appeal is some of the more casual fans that attend a few games, viewing parties outside the arena, street parties etc, get caught up in the excitement, .all of that is not happening and it will negatively impact viewership. An empty arena will also be a turnoff coupled with this long break before the playoffs.  I think viewership will be down, we shall see.

Totally disagree. Two of the four competitors you mention are unlikely to even be playing. You are way underestimating hockey fans. Some of the biggest hockey tournaments ever occurred during the summer and had great ratings. Trust me real hockey fans don’t care about fans in the arena...indeed it’s status quo as most people can’t afford NHL playoff tickets (At least not in the original six territories). Let’s see what the ratings produce. If I am off on this I’ll own it...but I can’t see the NHL getting low ratings. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Totally disagree. Two of the four competitors you mention are unlikely to even be playing. You are way underestimating hockey fans. Some of the biggest hockey tournaments ever occurred during the summer and had great ratings. Trust me real hockey fans don’t care about fans...indeed it’s status quo as most people can’t afford NHL playoff tickets. Let’s see what the ratings produce. If I am off on this I’ll own it...but I can’t see the NHL getting low ratings. 

In order to have higher ratings you need more than REAL hockey fans, you need the casual fans and I feel this segment will shrink.  I am not saying low ratings but they sure as hell will not break records like you stated above, if I am wrong I will own it as well.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Content Count:  13,522
  • Days Won:  29

16 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

I grew up a Blackhawks fan in the land of Lincoln, I know my way around a rink old timer.  However not in the rink, never played, too rich for my taste, that sport is expensive.😀

Swap out rich with manly.

1 minute ago, TheGreatOutlaw said:

Swap out rich with manly.

I love the sport, the players are tough as hell and overall great guys and the game is exciting.   I was simply stating that as a kid we did not have the money to play the sport, between the equipment and the ice time it is an expensive sport.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,639
  • Content Count:  75,712
  • Days Won:  436

48 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

I grew up a Blackhawks fan in the land of Lincoln,

Dang, got a lot of Bulls fans here that originated up there ......... so are the Hawks your 2nd team now behind the Stars now?

Just now, Triple B said:

Dang, got a lot of Bulls fans here that originated up there ......... so are the Hawks your 2nd team now behind the Stars now?

Third,  I was in college when the bolts started and even had season tickets one year and was in Tampa for the 2004 season as well, still cheer for the Lightning, but have been in Texas for the past 14 years and became a Stars fan.  I ended up going Bears, Bucs and now Cowboys also.  I am a home team guy, good or bad thing about your college is that you can’t shake them even if you want to, kinda like Herpes.