NewEnglandBull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  149
  • Content Count:  19,947
  • Days Won:  255

27 minutes ago, smazza said:

123k dead in the usa

hardy ha ha

Idk if it was all lawyers I’ve heard many a joke that would call it a good start.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,748
  • Days Won:  17

10 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Idk if it was all lawyers I’ve heard many a joke that would call it a good start.

39 minutes ago, smazza said:

123k dead in the usa

hardy ha ha

I guess I'm still a terrible person who wants everyone to die.

6 minutes ago, lotsofbull99 said:

I guess I'm still a terrible person who wants everyone to die.

Everyone knows that wanting deaths of despair in younger people is far more virtuous than not building your entire life around avoiding even a single death of an old person from Covid

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  590
  • Content Count:  23,506
  • Days Won:  111

15 hours ago, WhoRUSF said:

This part right here. If you dont want to be exposed, stay home. Do you disagree? Going outside is a risk

The American Dream. During a pandemic the stupid people get to move about FREELY.  

Tell you what, next time you or a loved one has to have surgery maybe the doctor should just do it out on the street with a sharpened popsicle stick while flies and mosquitoes are circling.  F'n people.  This is why I'm headed off this board.

Edit:  If we all wear masks we all to get move about freely and safely.  Not that hard a concept.

Edited by CousinRicky
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  370
  • Content Count:  6,593
  • Days Won:  37

35 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

The American Dream. During a pandemic the stupid people get to move about FREELY.  

Tell you what, next time you or a loved one has to have surgery maybe the doctor should just do it out on the street with a sharpened popsicle stick while flies and mosquitoes are circling.  F'n people.  This is why I'm headed off this board.

Edit:  If we all wear masks we all to get move about freely and safely.  Not that hard a concept.

I know you will not likely see this, but take solace in the fact when those wanting to exercise their "freedoms" are presented with a cogent argument about wearing masks they either ignore it, try and make a joke, or put forth an ad hominem attack. Trolls are going to troll. They feed off of the negative reactions they get on social media. It's a pretty sad and pathetic existence if you ask me. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

I know you will not likely see this, but take solace in the fact when those wanting to exercise their "freedoms" are presented with a cogent argument about wearing masks they either ignore it, try and make a joke, or put forth an ad hominem attack. Trolls are going to troll. They feed off of the negative reactions they get on social media. It's a pretty sad and pathetic existence if you ask me. 

I only know of one or maybe two people in life that are flat out refusing to wear a mask, I think it is a reasonable enough meet in the middle solution to our current problem. The only issue I have is I am reluctant to becoming to dogmatic on a subject where I start to worry about policing other peoples behavior and I am leery of some of the more dogmatic people because they still regularly reference shutdowns. My driving force for mask participation is shut down avoidance so if someones goal is still complete risk avoidance and shut down I am probably going to trend towards defiance just so that the middle point once again returns to something I can live with.   

• Topic Count:  700
  • Content Count:  7,987
  • Days Won:  6

45 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

If we all wear masks we all to get move about freely and safely.  Not that hard a concept.

I just don't understand how wearing a mask to protect your family, friends and neighbors from this deadly virus is taking away anyone's freedom and constitutional rights.  Such a shame.

Peace out CR.  Will miss reading your take on things, but totally understand it's time to de-stress.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

I only know of one or maybe two people in life that are flat out refusing to wear a mask, I think it is a reasonable enough meet in the middle solution to our current problem. The only issue I have is I am reluctant to becoming to dogmatic on a subject where I start to worry about policing other peoples behavior and I am leery of some of the more dogmatic people because they still regularly reference shutdowns. My driving force for mask participation is shut down avoidance so if someones goal is still complete risk avoidance and shut down I am probably going to trend towards defiance just so that the middle point once again returns to something I can live with.   

This is a reasonable perspective. I wouldn't put you in the "freedom/my body, my choice" crowd. We clearly have some on this Board that are more on the extreme of the anti-mask spectrum. I wouldn't take the approach of policing other's behavior either. I just get annoyed and frustrated seeing the progress that we were making being completely derailed and potentially costing us the opportunity to enjoy everything that we were looking forward to seeing, including USF football and basketball. That is where the selfishness of others comes into play. We were probably just a few more weeks from really having the virus under control here and being able to control things with reasonable precautions and contact tracing. While you may only know one or two people that have the mindset that masks are the devil, there are definitely more than a few of them out there. If there weren't, we probably wouldn't be in the position that we find ourselves. 

4 minutes ago, 79 Bull said:

I just don't understand how wearing a mask to protect your family, friends and neighbors from this deadly virus is taking away anyone's freedom and constitutional rights.  Such a shame.

Peace out CR.  Will miss reading your take on things, but totally understand it's time to de-stress.

You don't see it? Apparently you need to start watching some alt-right programming and YouTube videos. It will all become very clear to you after a few weeks in the cult.

Fact: Every major oppressive regime in world history began by forcing its people to wear masks. Don't believe me? Give me a few minutes and I will go make a false and misleading meme supporting my position and falsely attribute a quote to a respected historical figure that you can then help me spread like legitimate fact across social media. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, BullyPulpit said:

This is a reasonable perspective. I wouldn't put you in the "freedom/my body, my choice" crowd. We clearly have some on this Board that are more on the extreme of the anti-mask spectrum. I wouldn't take the approach of policing other's behavior either. I just get annoyed and frustrated seeing the progress that we were making being completely derailed and potentially costing us the opportunity to enjoy everything that we were looking forward to seeing, including USF football and basketball. That is where the selfishness of others comes into play. We were probably just a few more weeks from really having the virus under control here and being able to control things with reasonable precautions and contact tracing. While you may only know one or two people that have the mindset that masks are the devil, there are definitely more than a few of them out there. If there weren't, we probably wouldn't be in the position that we find ourselves. 

And just like that my fears are being realized. I am doing my part I am following the rules with masks and yet my weekend plans are being ruined. Now I know for some it’s perfectly fine to shut down bars as it’s only a select group and it’s not a necessity but you don’t get to decide what me and consenting adults do with our lives and if you don’t want to go there you don’t have to and as long as we are wearing masks and you are too at the places you feel you need to go to it should be none of your business.