Film Study

OcalaBull2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  5,628
  • Days Won:  10

I had to tease you because the Pats have been my team since the Grogan days.

More camera angles could be useful to show more of the field.  I can see that.  I wonder how much of what the camera isn't showing is actually pertinent to the play, though.  I guess open receivers out of the camera view wouldn't be seen and such.  I see your point.  I am not sure that it is not useful, though keeping in mind those limitations.  I mean, if I see an Oline collapse and a runner stuffed, I am not sure that anything off camera is going to color the analysis.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  19

Gotta us the all 22s. 

Also, to say we left 35 points on the field is asinine.  We scored 10 points. The FIFTH game this season that we have scored 10 points or less. We average 22 ppg. If you are a team with a pulse (aka not ECU, SC State, or UCONN) we average 12 points a game. 

This offense is not good. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  19,587
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, DELdaBull said:

Gotta us the all 22s. 

Also, to say we left 35 points on the field is asinine.  We scored 10 points. The FIFTH game this season that we have scored 10 points or less. We average 22 ppg. If you are a team with a pulse (aka not ECU, SC State, or UCONN) we average 12 points a game. 

This offense is not good. 

So you wouldn't rather have 1000 almost TDs instead of 1 actual TD?  Hater. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, Bull94 said:

so only natural that he would defend him then huh?

watching some "film review" from some random fan when it's just the tv clips broken down is ridiculous. you could make tom brady look like a terrible QB if you wanted to.

If you actually watched the episodes you will find that he is critical of USF play throughout. It’s quiet clear we don’t have the talent on this team. Regardless, his analysis has more depth, consideration, and content than the people on this board who just piss and moan from one week to the next...

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

9 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

If you actually watched the episodes you will find that he is critical of USF play throughout. It’s quiet clear we don’t have the talent on this team. Regardless, his analysis has more depth, consideration, and content than the people on this board who just piss and moan from one week to the next...

I watched one of them. he was making excuses for the coaches. He is not objective at all.He sees what he wants to see.

Any team in college football with have execution issues(especially if you run a more complex offense). You will find dropped passes and missed blocks for alabama or clemson in every game.

Heck we dropped passes all the time the year we had a top 5 offense. Posters even complained that Flowers couldn't make certain throws as he always had a few balls every game where he badly missed his receivers.

Fact is the guy runs a complex pro-style offense. it wasn't going to be a quick fix solution.

remember when Taggart ran a pro-style offense and we had execution issues? what happened when those same players were put into a simpler read option zone blocking offense?

Edited by Bull94
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Bull94 said:

I watched one of them. he was making excuses for the coaches. He is not objective at all.He sees what he wants to see.

Any team in college football with have execution issues(especially if you run a more complex offense). You will find dropped passes and missed blocks for alabama or clemson in every game.

Heck we dropped passes all the time the year we had a top 5 offense. Posters even complained that Flowers couldn't make certain throws as he always had a few balls every game where he badly missed his receivers.

We drop A LOT of passes. We miss A LOT of blocks on the offensive line. We miss A LOT of WRs on this team. The talent from a physical and cognitive perspective is not there in most key positions in this team. The film study is just one opinion showing that. No one, at least I am not, saying it’s definitive (it would take a three hour video). But for me it is compelling. 

2 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

When you have no success to point to you have to focus more on the things that could have been. 

Just now, puc86 said:

When you have no success to point to you have to focus more on the things that could have been. 

Life lessons..,

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

3 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

We drop A LOT of passes. We miss A LOT of blocks on the offensive line. We miss A LOT of WRs on this team. The talent from a physical and cognitive perspective is not there in most key positions in this team. The film study is just one opinion showing that. No one, at least I am not, saying it’s definitive (it would take a three hour video). But for me it is compelling. 

remember how many passes Flowers threw into the dirt? how many drops we had? when you win and put up a lot of points nobody remembers the miscues. Talent can become an issue when you suspend or dismiss your more talented players.

I'm sure the guy could be great somewhere. He hasn't shown the ability to adapt. the paper even said he was willing to go down with the ship using his pro-style offense. let him run it somewhere else.

Edited by Bull94

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I am pretty sure you could do a definitive review of KB's offense in 30 minutes per game our time of possession was less than 22 minutes