WE NEED OUR OWN STADIUM ON CAMPUS

Jewbull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

We do not need an on campus stadium at this time.  That is a simple fact that is difficult for some fans to accept.

We cannot afford an on campus stadium at this time.  That is a simple fact that is difficult for some fans to accept.

We will not have an on campus stadium for at least another decade.  That is a simple fact that is difficult for some fans to accept.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• puc86

• MikeG

• No_Willie_Jokes_Yet

• Jewbull

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

i do not think an on campus stadium will solve the problems...but a little better crowd management is in order.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Content Count:  19,830
  • Days Won:  213

i do not think an on campus stadium will solve the problems...but a little better crowd management is in order.  

perhaps if we electrified the railings

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  19,738
  • Days Won:  255

Trust me I am as well informed about this subject as anyone on the board as no one has presented an arguement that I am not educated on. I have even said I think in no way would an on campus stadium be possible at this time but that does not mean that we must accept anything the TSA is willing to hand to us. If you think that it is just that TSA gives our cut of OUR COMMUNITY stadium to the Bucs then I guess we must agree to disagree. But I must say I find the personal attacks by fellow Bulls over a difference of opinion to be disheartening. Last time I checked we all got our education from the same place and I did mine with a fraction of a point under a 4.0.

Guest bullman33

The point of this thread has veered into another direction.  We are now beginning to argue a point that has been argued in at least 20 other threads with probably more then 200 posts.

The point of this thread is that the TSA thugs went overboard in stopping students from celebrating the biggest win in our short history on the field with the players as many other schools across the country do.   RJS is almost like a prison, thanks to the Glazers and the TSA Nazi Authority.  Since I travel to 2-3 road games a year to watch the bulls I have seen many other college stadiums and how things work elsewhere.   There isnt a stadium I have visited that has nearly the same kind of restrictions that rjs has.   Why?  Because they dont have a greedy nfl owner calling the shots or some overzealous person trying to justify their job working for them.  At USM I walked right through the gates with a bag, inside the bag were 3 bottles of water some snacks (cookies)  among other things.  They looked, and said ok enjoy the game.  At rjs you are lucky to be able to get in  a bottle for your baby, let alone bring in a bottle of water for yourself.  

Seat cushions are allowed in every stadium that I can remember going to, in fact at most stadiums people rent them for the season and they are placed at their seats for them, while others can buy them or bring in their own.  

There are numerous other things that make rjs a prison, but i dont have the time to list them all.  

The AD needs to step up and demand that their students are NEVER NEVER NEVER treated like that again.

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451
  • Days Won:  0

I say "NO!" to bench seating, tinker toy stadiums and trough urinals...period.  Secondly, calling for an OCS so stu's can charge the field is soooo not seeing the "forest" 'cuz the trees are in the way.  RJS is fine.

BTW I spend the whole first quarter on the ship platform with a good view of the game.  A OCS would not have the social endzone areas nor Club Acess for $100MM.  Nor would there be lux boxes.  Give it 20 yrs when the season ticket base is over 30k, there are an abundance of money alums, and RJS needs replacem't.  'Nuff said on this topic.

No we are lucky that we get to pay for a stadium that other people profit from, now shut up before big brother hears you and kicks the community school out of the community stadium.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Content Count:  19,830
  • Days Won:  213

no one deserves a beat down

but would you ever try to rush the field at a Bucs game for a big win? HELL NO!

why should the rules be different for USF?

It only takes one nutjob to run down there and stick a shiv into CJL before you understand that this is entirely a matter of security for both fans and field permitted personnel (coaches, players, media, staff).

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

No we are lucky that we get to pay for a stadium that other people profit from, now shut up before big brother hears you and kicks the community school out of the community stadium.

Hmmm, somebody getting a bit itchy today?  Chill out.

I pray to God that when we are able to build a stadium in the distant future that we do not have a social endzone, I do not see how it contributes to the college atmosphere but that is just a matter of prefrence and not enjoying having to make it through a maze of people just to go to the bathroom.