WE NEED OUR OWN STADIUM ON CAMPUS

Jewbull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

It only takes one nutjob to run down there and stick a shiv into CJL before you understand that this is entirely a matter of security for both fans and field permitted personnel (coaches, players, media, staff).

Exactly.  Security at sports events has changed nationwide since the Pistons-Pacers debacle last November.  Not to mention a certain tennis player that was stabbed on the court a decade ago...

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• puc86

• MikeG

• No_Willie_Jokes_Yet

• Jewbull

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  19,742
  • Days Won:  255

no one deserves a beat down

but would you ever try to rush the field at a Bucs game for a big win? HELL NO!

why should the rules be different for USF?

It only takes one nutjob to run down there and stick a shiv into CJL before you understand that this is entirely a matter of security for both fans and field permitted personnel (coaches, players, media, staff).

Perhaps we could just force TSA to pat down every fan at their expense, why should the rules be different for USF. As to the difference NFL players would be put off by fans being near them for whatever reason college athleted seem to enjoy it.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Content Count:  19,830
  • Days Won:  213

Trust me I am as well informed about this subject as anyone on the board as no one has presented an arguement that I am not educated on. I have even said I think in no way would an on campus stadium be possible at this time but that does not mean that we must accept anything the TSA is willing to hand to us. If you think that it is just that TSA gives our cut of OUR COMMUNITY stadium to the Bucs then I guess we must agree to disagree. But I must say I find the personal attacks by fellow Bulls over a difference of opinion to be disheartening. Last time I checked we all got our education from the same place and I did mine with a fraction of a point under a 4.0.

For someone who is clearly my intellectual superior, you sure fail to know certain facts when you state:

"we should get some of our game generated revenue "

and I state where we do get some of those revenues (and beleive me-- the advertising is very significant).

Your argument is pretty clearly that you think the Tampa community got screwed on the communiity stadium itself.

We did.

Let it go already.

Afterall-- had it not been built, no Bucs and we would be playing in the Old Sombrero---which generally speaking would have been better for USF possibly as the only game in town.

That didn't happen and it isn't likely to change.

Arguing over things that happened you can't change is foolish. so again-- let it GO.

Hmmm, somebody getting a bit itchy today?  Chill out.

Sorry, I am trying to be calm I was just becoming bothered by people assuming that anyone that has a very slightly different opinion must not be informed or well educated. I am calm now I promise.

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

Sometimes you just gotta let it go, something I'm trying to practice more often. ;)

Perhaps we could just force TSA to pat down every fan at their expense, why should the rules be different for USF. As to the difference NFL players would be put off by fans being near them for whatever reason college athleted seem to enjoy it.

The field, above all else, should be a safe zone for the participants and credited individuals. Stay off the field-- simple.

If the college or pro players have interest in meeting you, they will come to you in the stands. You cannot force yourself upon anyone no matter how big a fan you are.

For someone who is clearly my intellectual superior, you sure fail to know certain facts when you state:

"we should get some of our game generated revenue "

and I state where we do get some of those revenues (and beleive me-- the advertising is very significant).

Your argument is pretty clearly that you think the Tampa community got screwed on the communiity stadium itself.

We did.

Let it go already.

Afterall-- had it not been built, no Bucs and we would be playing in the Old Sombrero---which generally speaking would have been better for USF possibly as the only game in town.

That didn't happen and it isn't likely to change.

Arguing over things that happened you can't change is foolish. so again-- let it GO.

See we do agree, thank you. I guess it helps that I am a fan of the Steelers and not of the Bucs. P.S. I was not trying to say I was an intellectual superior just not inferior as was being suggested.

I pray to God that when we are able to build a stadium in the distant future that we do not have a social endzone, I do not see how it contributes to the college atmosphere but that is just a matter of prefrence and not enjoying having to make it through a maze of people just to go to the bathroom.

I agree on this point.

As for the maze situation-- I've seen that pretty much everywhere that wasn't a ghost town.

The field, above all else, should be a safe zone for the participants and credited individuals. Stay off the field-- simple.

If the college or pro players have interest in meeting you, they will come to you in the stands. You cannot force yourself upon anyone no matter how big a fan you are.

However the players were inviting fans onto the field (something we all now know they are unable to do) they were excited that some fans had made it and were waiving for others to do so, it was only after they were unable to make it (mainly from fear) that the players went over to the stands. I would hardly call running to someone that is waiving for you to come to them to be forcing yourself on them and I doubt too many people would.

I agree on this point.

As for the maze situation-- I've seen that pretty much everywhere that wasn't a ghost town.

That is true (i.e. Playing Bama at Legends Field) but it seems like having people standing there and not trying to get anything or anywhere contributes to the problem.