The UCF Crowd

USFCollin

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  137
  • Content Count:  866
  • Days Won:  0

I have to take the Knight fans from two sides.  First of all, they surely showed up in force, and in full voice (all be it that the breath behind that voice reeked of Jack Daniels and Miller Lite).  I would like to think that my green and gold bretheren would show up just as strong 100 miles away in the midst of a 16-game losing streak, but hopefully we'll never have to find out.  I give them credit, they were there early, and in numbers.  

But I don't think I've ever seen a group act with such blatant disregard for basic standards of decorum in my life.  And this is coming from a guy who once wore an orange prison jumpsuit with Steve Logan's name and number on his back in Cincinnati.  If you want to chant "U-C-F" on the way into the stadium, hey I'm all for it.  That's school spirit.  But if you want to scream at the top of your lungs in a road game parking lot how "USF is for (fill in homophobic epithet here)" or the always popular and oft-repeated "F*** USF," you're just an idiot.  If you want to tell me my school "F****** sucks," might I remind you haven't won a football game in 693 days (and counting)?  

If you want to make a shirt that replaces the U in SUCKS with our copyrighted U logo, I'll call you an idiot and again remind you that you haven't won a football game since LeBron James started his NBA career.  But if you make a shirt that says FU** USF," and again use that same logo, then I'd have to call you a drunken, delusional, obsessed, myopic jerk.  And that mentality is what I ran into all day over and over again.  

What I really couldn't believe is listening to the trash talk from their section DOWN 3 touchdowns, in the midst of a 17 game losing streak.  What planet do you have to be on to think that in anyway makes sense?  How can you possibly be considered credible on any level spewing how the team that is absolutely manhandling you in every aspect of football "sucks?"  What does that say about you?  It was just downright bizarre to watch.  

Again, this isn't all of them.  I met some fine people in black and gold today who seemed like great and respectful fans that loved their team.  But sadly the only way to judge a group in a setting like this is on the whole  I hope we get through next year... then sign a 3 year deal with Southern Miss (no shrinking violets as a fanbase themselves) or ANY other team to fulfill the C-USA agreement.  

There were fights in the parking lot.  There was verbal abuse that just isn't appropriate in a public setting.  We've NEVER had these problems before at Ray Jay.  Why turn your parking lot into Tikrit to play a team that benefits you in no way on the field?  To save a few bucks on travel for a home and home and sell a few extra tickets?  Sorry, no dice.  I'll take a home and home with a competitive BCS school from another conference seven days a week and twice on Sunday.  

They wanted this to be a rivalry.  Well they win.  Our fans will never be able to compete with their lack of class.  

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brad

• WoolyBully

• hightechbull

• BigShoop

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,094
  • Days Won:  2

Did you expect things to be any different?

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,423
  • Content Count:  98,293
  • Days Won:  490

Did you expect things to be any different?

I did...

Collin, I am shocked to hear they were so bad...afterall they're the next jewel in the BE crown.  

That's sad that fans get so bad..sounds worse than Southern Miss, Western Kentucky and Georgia Southern fans rolled into one.

A **** shame.

Shut the rivalry down.

• Topic Count:  81
  • Content Count:  2,239

That's how some fans in rivalries act.  Have you seen people in more established ones like UT/UF or OSU/UM?  They are worse to the nth degree.

I know you guys haven't had too much exposure to a school that really flat out doesn't like you, but I'll be honest..I loved the atmosphere and turnout.  To turn tail and run cause fans are being rowdy is cowardly.  Welcome to college football.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,423
  • Content Count:  98,293
  • Days Won:  490

Collin is a Manchester United fan as I recall, a big fan of that "futbol" game wherein fans beat the crap out of each other.  If he calls fans "rowdy" than I am listening...

• Topic Count:  483
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  1

DawgPound, You see UCF fans as being rowdy, many were actually rude and cursing at people with kids around.  Then starting fights, breaking bottles, and throwing trash around is beyond rowdy.  USF has played in some the biggest college stadiums without any of these problems, you would think by now that UCF fans would know how to lose with class.

• Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  1,479

Collin..absolutely agree witht you..they were horrible. It's ok to start a UCF chant, etc.. , but turning over trash cans in the parking lot, if you saw lot 6 turning onto Himes after the game..wow. Not sure but I heard some of their fans went into our student section and started crap, down 21-0 decide that to start screaming about how fat our cheerleaders are. There was a lot more that I saw, but I do not want them back in our stadium ever again. If we need a warm-up game with a Fl school, play FAMU(their fans have class), BCC, FAU,FIU anybody. btw, for a C-USA team I would much rather play USM.

Guest Wildrover

Did you guys see the parking lot after the game?  What was that about?  I can't say it was all UCFers who dropped all the trash cans but I know our parking lot didn't look like that after last weeks game.

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  442

I was sitting in a section that was about 50/50 ucf/USF.  I will say there were a couple of  ucf "students" that did get out of hand which led to couple of USF fans to join their immaturity.  I wish we as fans (the ones who acted like ********) would have shown more class.  We got beat, accept it, congratulate USF and leave graciously.

Guest Wildrover

And on the way out some UCF student looked me straight in the eye and said "USF sucks"  You just got beat by a team that is obvisouly superior than you, your in their stadium and your trash talking after you lost  :-/

My response was easy, "If we suck then what does that say about you? You lost"  I kept on walking but the people behind me said she didn't like that.

I was floored though, couldn't believe they had the audicity to carry themselves like that.  One thing is for sure that school and the people in it really don't like USF.  I think its fair to say that they don't like us a lot more than we don't like them.  What gives anyway?  When did they start hating us so much and how come we don't hate them just as much in return?