Charlie is 1,000% right!

Dave_Glaser

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  9,790
  • Days Won:  8

8 minutes ago, NavyUSFGuy said:

Exactly, we got screwed 7 years ago. How Syracuse got picked up and not USF is beyond me

Or Rutgers .

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  19,646
  • Days Won:  255

5 minutes ago, NavyUSFGuy said:

There is no disputing money is the biggest factor to winning, but conference money isn't coming, so the only way to get it now is win what we can. And we certainly should be winning more than we have

We are something like 30-6 over are last 36 games, it’s top six nationally, the problem isn’t that we haven’t won it’s that we are winning against people no one cares about aka the AAC.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  150
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

18 minutes ago, puc86 said:

We are something like 30-6 over are last 36 games, it’s top six nationally, the problem isn’t that we haven’t won it’s that we are winning against people no one cares about aka the AAC.

We're also someone no one cars about. Which circles us all the way back to what matters in conference expansion. 

caring = $

Just now, JTrue said:

We're also someone no one cars about. Which circles us all the way back to what matters in conference expansion. 

caring = $

In my reality we are different than the others and just fallen on some hard times. Of course by playing with 💩 we got some 💩 on us but it’s only a temporary inconvenience, please don’t burst my bubble. The AAC sucks and is beneath us and one day the football g-ds will accept my sacrifices and deliver us from this tragedy.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  698
  • Content Count:  7,885
  • Days Won:  6

BiG wanted the #1 tv market.

ESPN told the ACC that their only options to receive more cash per team was to take Pittsburgh, Syracuse and Louisville from the teams available at the time.  Pittsburgh prez lied when he told Big East they should hold out for more cash as he knew they were on the way out to much more cash.  If the BE would have accepted the initial offer, which prudence would have suggested, we would have made $10m (I think) per team for 5 years.  The collusion that ensued had ESPN recinding the offer and having 3 schools stolen away.

And TCU, Bosie and SD State backing out.  Tough times.

Edited by 79 Bull
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3,497
  • Days Won:  9

3 hours ago, puc86 said:

Yep and we have years and years of empirical evidence that shows that winning against the AAC and UCF isn’t it. We need out at all cost, it can’t be more clear. Like I said I pray to G-d we win the conference championship this year just so we can remove that from the possible cause of our fan ennui. It’s not the stadium because we have sold it out, it’s not the game time because we have packed various times, it’s not winning because we are doing that in droves, to paraphrase Bill Clinton “it’s the conference stupid”. 

How many sellouts have there been?

Of those sellouts, how many were because the visiting teams fans showed up in large numbers?  Teams with large fan bases usually don’t need to offer visiting schools more seats than the conference minimum.

IMO, and experience...game times, and day of the week do affect attendance, and ticket sales.  

Edited by NAS Gone to Paradise

• Topic Count:  586
  • Content Count:  23,164
  • Days Won:  109

10 minutes ago, 79 Bull said:

ESPN told the ACC that their only options to receive more cash per team was to take Pittsburgh, Syracuse and Louisville from the teams available at the time.  Pittsburgh prez lied when he told Big East they should hold out for more cash as he knew they were on the way out to much more cash.  If the BE would have accepted the initial offer, which prudence would have suggested, we would have made $10m (I think) per team for 5 years.  The collusion that ensued had ESPN recinding the offer and having 3 schools stolen away.

I wonder how many Rutgers fans watched the Ohio State beat down?  Do did you mean Syracuse?  Rutgers is closer to NYC than 'cuse.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  1,014
  • Days Won:  1

13 minutes ago, 79 Bull said:

You are 100% accurate on this, which is why I don't watch ESPN unless So Flo is playing. I don't know all of the facts or if it could be proven, but the Big East should have sued or had an investigation done. Also, if negligent Marinatto had gone aggressively at Kansas/K-state/Iowa St/Baylor during the PAC 12 fiasco, the Big East would be drastically different and the Big 12 would be no more; I blame him and ESPN for all of this. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

How many sellouts have there been?

Of those sellouts, how many were because the visiting teams fans showed up in large numbers?

IMO, and experience...game times, and day of the week do affect attendance, and ticket sales.  

zero

Yes it affects attendance within ranges. The AAC has shifted that range so that the maxes aren’t extremely impressive and the lows are scary.

• Topic Count:  698
  • Content Count:  7,885
  • Days Won:  6

1 minute ago, CousinRicky said:

I wonder how many Rutgers fans watched the Ohio State beat down?  Do did you mean Syracuse?  Rutgers is closer to NYC than 'cuse.

I can't remember where I saw it, but BIG determined they made the right decision as NYC market consistently has more eyes on Rutgers games than Syracuse games.  I'm sure they did their homework as Syracuse would have been the obvious next choice for NYC.