Charlie is 1,000% right!

Dave_Glaser

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  586
  • Content Count:  23,166
  • Days Won:  109

6 hours ago, puc86 said:

My 8 year old son understands that to get to the next level in ANYTHING you must first win at the level you’re at.

NCAA conferences aren’t a relegation league where winning has anything to do with who ends up where. Teach your 8 year old to know what the rules of the game he is playing are before determining he is winning. Maybe it’s golf and higher scores lose. Why I think we deserve to be in a P5 is because winning has nothing to do with it (although in the past 36 games we have done it more than everyone but 5 teams who you guessed it are P5 teams).

And there's the problem.  There doesn't seem to be any rules/guidelines for getting into a better conference.  It is whatever the conference deems advantageous/profitable for them.  

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  493
  • Content Count:  12,676
  • Days Won:  25

45 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

And there's the problem.  There doesn't seem to be any rules/guidelines for getting into a better conference.  It is whatever the conference deems advantageous/profitable for them.  

That IS the rule. I think the hard part is in selling the fact that USF will be advantageous AND profitable to one of them. CCS's point, I think, is that we get absolute zero help from Tampa. I'm not sure it was that posted how much of an economic impact USF has on the area with very little in return.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  19,661
  • Days Won:  255

51 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

This is very true, but if we look at history and who has been selected vs who has not been selected it would seem that conference championships (at least from this millennium) have has nothing to do with the criteria. Our video for the Big12, which sadly did not lead to inclusion, shows that we are led to believe that the selection process will have more to do with the criteria I’ve laid out than it will have to do with winning which was never mentioned. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

14 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

CCS's point, I think, is that we get absolute zero help from Tampa.

Which isn't entirely accurate but it was before he got here ....

• Topic Count:  493
  • Content Count:  12,676
  • Days Won:  25

2 minutes ago, Triple B said:

It's a hell of a lot closer to accurate than what it should be.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

23 minutes ago, Triple B said:

It's statistically zero.  How's that?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

14 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

It's statistically zero.  How's that?

So I guess I'm confused about what kind of help we are looking for from Tampa if it's at zero now? And I don't need to hear more whining about the media. I get that, and agree .... to a point.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

11 minutes ago, Triple B said:

So I guess I'm confused about what kind of help we are looking for from Tampa if it's at zero now? And I don't need to hear more whining about the media. I get that, and agree .... to a point.

Sorry, that was a failed attempt at humor

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  1,014
  • Days Won:  1

10 minutes ago, Triple B said:

This is a multi-tiered situation. Radio talk shows, newspaper articles, website stories are all part of the media. Business wise, it's season tickets/suite purchases, partnerships, and advertisements. City wise, would be tax breaks, public events and out reach programs; typically this is done by the University, but it's a partnership between the university and city. This is an ALL encompassing effort by the Tampa Bay community. If you look at Ann Arbor for instance (sorry I LIVE IN Michigan so it's my most immediate example), you can't go anywhere in the city without seeing UM something, same with East Lansing (MSU). I have seen in a lot of college cities or towns, the school presence is EVERYWHERE!! This is what I think most of us mean by Tampa support. 

• Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,376
  • Days Won:  4

1 hour ago, BDYZR said:

That IS the rule. I think the hard part is in selling the fact that USF will be advantageous AND profitable to one of them. CCS's point, I think, is that we get absolute zero help from Tampa. I'm not sure it was that posted how much of an economic impact USF has on the area with very little in return.

weg-infographic.png