Some GT Fans are Jerks

NewEnglandBull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

On 9/11/2018 at 2:03 PM, Gatorbull325 said:

image.png.c11185cf4924530b48de5e35b9b96884.png

Im not sure if they have that bad a season. They have 7 "winnable" games left.  I don't have confidence they will beat Duke or Miami, but they have a chance. 

I actually think they'll win 8 games this season.  I think they will beat Tech in Blacksburg and I'm not sure if Georgia will beat them this season. I also wouldn't be surprised to see them beat Georgia this season.  That is a huge rivalry game and never goes like people think it will.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, Calibull said:

I actually think they'll win 8 games this season.  I think they will beat Tech in Blacksburg and I'm not sure if Georgia will beat them this season. I also wouldn't be surprised to see them beat Georgia this season.  That is a huge rivalry game and never goes like people think it will.

Dude, no friggin way they beat the Bulldogs. UGA may hang 60 points on their crap defense. They will need breaks to get to 7 wins. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  124
  • Content Count:  6,806
  • Days Won:  28

3 hours ago, Calibull said:

Maybe if they have no injuries, but I think they lost 2 running backs last Saturday. that seems to always be the downfall for GT is they get so beat up playing that style of football. 

15 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Dude, no friggin way they beat the Bulldogs. UGA may hang 60 points on their crap defense. They will need breaks to get to 7 wins. 

They beat them two years ago... I think you may want to actually look at the results and stop talking out of your neck.

14 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Maybe if they have no injuries, but I think they lost 2 running backs last Saturday. that seems to always be the downfall for GT is they get so beat up playing that style of football. 

At some point USF fans will realize that it isn't bad teams we're playing, the fact is we're actually a really good team.  You guys seemed shocked by results all of the time.  It was just last week many thought we'd bet beat by Georgia Tech.  I actually consider it all... 

6 minutes ago, Calibull said:

At some point USF fans will realize that it isn't bad teams we're playing, the fact is we're actually a really good team.  You guys seemed shocked by results all of the time.  It was just last week many thought we'd bet beat by Georgia Tech.  I actually consider it all... 

Yo I agree. We don't give ourselves any credit. This board will always crap on the quality of our opponents after we win lol Some people just hate to see things in a positive way. Everybody was unhappy about the Elon game, but Elon is the 14th ranked FCS team in the country. They beat their last opponent (Furman)  almost in the same margin that Clemson beat Furman. Im not saying they are as good as Clemson, but our opponents are much better than we think. By the time we play Cinci, Houston and UCF, they may very well be ranked opponents. I'm not sure how bad North Carolina is, but ECU spanked them, so we can't even sleep on them anymore. I respect our schedule this year. it's not glamorous, but much better than last year. And every victory we get will be because we are finally a good and consistent team. Even the GT fans acknowledged that we are better than they thought. 

image.png.d6f96d4ec20eff61146dedf2a46bd05b.png

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,288
  • Days Won:  1

37 minutes ago, Calibull said:

We might be a really good team. The jury is still out on the Defense, but I've definitely become comfortable with Sterlin Gilbert and the Offense. I think we will do better than the 8-4 record some in here are predicting. I'm guessing 11-1 for us, maybe 7-5 for GT.

I don't follow GT closely, but they went 5-7 last year. What has changed with them since that should have us believe they are something other than mediocre?

Edited by USFBulls727

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

53 minutes ago, Calibull said:

They beat them two years ago... I think you may want to actually look at the results and stop talking out of your neck.

I think you may want to take a look at the last two years and the dominance of University of Georgia from a national perspective and quit thinking out your butt. UGA will crush that smoke and mirror defense of theirs. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

11 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

We might be a really good team. The jury is still out on the Defense, but I've definitely become comfortable with Sterlin Gilbert and the Offense. I think we will do better than the 8-4 record some in here are predicting. I'm guessing 11-1 for us, maybe 7-5 for GT.

I don't follow GT closely, but they went 5-7 last year. What has changed with them since that should have us believe they are something other than mediocre?

They weren't mediocre lat year. 

1. More seasoned team

2. Three of their losses last year were by less than a touchdown and two of those teams were ranked at the time. 

3. They beat a ranked VT

4. Game vs. UCF was canceled. 

image.png.7fe6ca185c80e7914bac34cabbbbe99d.png

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,288
  • Days Won:  1

9 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

They weren't mediocre lat year. 

1. More seasoned team

2. Three of their losses last year were by less than a touchdown and two of those teams were ranked at the time. 

3. They beat a ranked VT

4. Game vs. UCF was canceled. 

image.png.7fe6ca185c80e7914bac34cabbbbe99d.png

They also lost to Tennessee, who stunk last year, and were blasted by a not-so-great Duke team. I'm not saying they are a bad team, but they are nothing special. I don't put a ton of stock in preseaon rankings, but they were on nobody's radar for a reason...

http://www.espn.com/college-football/rankings/_/week/1/year/2018/seasontype/2