Wait, USF is not listed in the attendance list....

ZeroBullChip

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  19,616
  • Days Won:  255

3 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Actually Joey has stated before that “one” of the reasons he gives the attendance is because it is one of the metrics that will be considered if the opportunity for conference expansion happens...which I know is a different discussion entirely.

Where has anyone that had played any part of the expansion process mentioned that actual attendance is considered in any fashion? If it mattered in any regard it would have been being covered. TBT covered the subject because the TSA put the metric out but they never bothered to see if the metric was available at any other school that they covered. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

14 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Where has anyone that had played any part of the expansion process mentioned that actual attendance is considered in any fashion? If it mattered in any regard it would have been being covered. TBT covered the subject because the TSA put the metric out but they never bothered to see if the metric was available at any other school that they covered. 

It could potentially be relative to “public interest in the program.” Again, to believe that there are others metrics out there is certainly true, but to believe that this metric gets NO consideration would be naïve. I don’t necessarily think it is a top metric but one in the top five most certainly...my opinion of course. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

Just now, NewEnglandBull said:

It would probably be relative to “public interest in the program.” Again, to believe that there are others metrics out there is certainly true, but to believe that this metric gets NO consideration would be naïve. I don’t necessarily think it is a top metric but one in the top five most certainly.

Up until the WSJ article yesterday the TBT’s interest in only USF’s actual attendance was the only interest in actual attendance in all of college football. Actual attendance has never been a metric for anything, measured by anyone much less a top 5 metric for expansion. Announced attendance has been all anyone has accounted for in all events for all time.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

Up until the WSJ article yesterday the TBT’s interest in only USF’s actual attendance was the only interest in actual attendance in all of college football. Actual attendance has never been a metric for anything, measured by anyone much less a top 5 metric for expansion. Announced attendance has been all anyone has accounted for in all events for all time.

Agreed

• Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  2,486
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, puc86 said:

Because ridiculous assertions like it’s important and newsworthy who a university counts in its attendance has been used to attack us for the greater part of a decade. Everyone but Navy counts announced ( which is equal to distributed plus non ticketed people that have come in (some are more liberal with who to count)) and it’s not important in any way shape or form and we only think it’s important because we have been the only ones having it shoved down our throats all these years. People have acted like we were the worlds worst offenders because it was being compared to nothing now it seems like we are below average in our discrepancy and exactly on par with UF.

2 hours ago, puc86 said:

And the JK you are worried will make fun of us if our attendance was inflated, do you know why he thinks it’s important for us and not FSU and UF? Because he thinks we need the money more. The guy you are worried about doesn’t even know that the team he is covering and worrying about doesn’t get a single penny beyond announced attendance as we get no parking or concessions money. JK is a clown and the whole lot of TBT “journalists” have been nothing but lazy and dishonest on this issue. They never even tried to get another teams announced attendance and aren’t even aware of the difficulty of the endeavor should they try. 

Couple things here..

I think we are arguing two different points about attendance, so I'll leave that alone.

As far as JK, the media is just a bunch of TMZ reporters that try to find ways to make headlines before they are shutdown eventually(not seeing him signed by The Athletic). He is just trying to cause a commotion and USF has given him ammunition with the attendance issues. JK would find another angle for clicks\views, but if you want to blame attendance blame USF. This is something they have caused IMO and if they hadn't then JK wouldn't be able to post much about it.

3 minutes ago, USFBULL_08 said:

Couple things here..

I think we are arguing two different points about attendance, so I'll leave that alone.

As far as JK, the media is just a bunch of TMZ reporters that try to find ways to make headlines before they are shutdown eventually(not seeing him signed by The Athletic). He is just trying to cause a commotion and USF has given him ammunition with the attendance issues. JK would find another angle for clicks\views, but if you want to blame attendance blame USF. This is something they have caused IMO and if they hadn't then JK wouldn't be able to post much about it.

As long as we can agree that JK and the TBT have been disingenuous and lazy on this issue by reporting the TSA number and not making any attempt to discover any other numbers; I can ignore our disagreement that you some how think it matters how an event chooses to measure its attendance and that reporting on people working, reporting, preforming vs watching is semantics and to some degree (marginally fluctuating)reported by every event in our great country.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

13 minutes ago, USFBULL_08 said:

Couple things here..

The "attendance issues" do not exist especially as has been reported

4 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

The "attendance issues" do not exist especially as has been reported

In your opinion. Anything under 40k I have an issue with.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

2 minutes ago, USFBULL_08 said:

In your opinion. Anything under 40k I have an issue with.

That's your issue. 

7 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

That's your issue. 

Just high expectations.